Can 1 shot of test increase nuclei?

FoxHound

FoxHound

Awards
Hi, new here obviously, but I came across an article and YT video talking about steroid use, testosterone, and how a single shot of test can increase nuclei in muscle cells. So this person(s) stated that taking a single dose/shot of synthetic testosterone can increase nuclei in muscle cells, not permanently, but can last for many years. So as natural bb, im wondering if this holds any weight and if its worth it, to just take 1 shot of test and thats all, to increase the nuclei? Would i even notice any benefits? And yes, i know i can't consider myself natty anymore if i take a single shot of test. Thanks.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dude, think about what youre asking. Apply a bit of logic, reasoning and common sense to it. The answer should be pretty fuking clear.

If not, then holy fuk but maybe consider this by analogy:

A single meal of protein with adequate amino acid content can increase muscle protein synthesis.

Or, if that idea still doesnt help, maybe think about the saying "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step (but what if I just made that single step and no more? Its still a journey, right? Im still moving toward the destination, right? Ummm....not in any significantly meaningful way)"

Last edited:
Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
did they have a study they were referencing? sounds to me like the benefit would be minimal and vary from person to person. I'd like to see the study tho

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi, new here obviously, but I came across an article and YT video talking about steroid use, testosterone, and how a single shot of test can increase nuclei in muscle cells. So this person(s) stated that taking a single dose/shot of synthetic testosterone can increase nuclei in muscle cells, not permanently, but can last for many years. So as natural bb, im wondering if this holds any weight and if its worth it, to just take 1 shot of test and thats all, to increase the nuclei? Would i even notice any benefits? And yes, i know i can't consider myself natty anymore if i take a single shot of test. Thanks.
That will NOT happen with single shot of T nor any AAS etc.

"
Key points

• Training studio folklore suggests that previous strength training, with or without the use of anabolic steroids facilitates re-acquisition of muscle mass even after long intervening periods of inactivity. This ‘muscle memory’ has previously been attributed to motor learning, but our data suggest the existence of a cellular memory residing in the muscle fibres themselves.
  • Muscle fibres have multiple nuclei, and the number of nuclei increases when muscle mass increases.
  • When mice were briefly treated with steroids the muscle mass and number of nuclei increased. The drug was subsequently withdrawn for 3 months and the muscle mass returned to normal, but the excess cell nuclei persisted. When such muscles were subjected to overload they grew by 30% over 6 days while controls grew insignificantly.
  • Our data suggest that previous strength training might be beneficial later in life, and that a brief exposure to anabolic steroids might have long lasting performance-enhancing effects"

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sounds like it's just muscle memory
"and that a brief exposure to anabolic steroids might have long lasting performance-enhancing effects""

But that is NOT from single dose of T or any AAS etc.

Reactions: Nac
Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
the mice were treated for 14 days with test prop. in human days that would be about 18.6 months. supposedly 1 mouse day equal to 40 human days. it's kinda funny with half lives and mice. it should take about 4 days for the test prop to get out of their system. but that would be like 160 days to the mouse.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
the coolest thing in this study has to be that they made test prop food. they didn't inject them. the study goes into the delivery method more but it's a bit over my head. so now I want steroid cereal

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the coolest thing in this study has to be that they made test prop food. they didn't inject them. the study goes into the delivery method more but it's a bit over my head. so now I want steroid cereal
Its not feed pellets :)

"Pellets containing testosterone propionate or sham pellets (A-211 Innovative Research of America, 2.5 mg, release time 21 days) were implanted subcutaneously by making a 5 mm long incision in the skin of the neck."

Those pellets are very common such as Trenbolone Acetate pellets :

"Finaplix®-H (trenbolone acetate) is an implant containing 200 mg of trenbolone. Each implant consists of 10 small yellow pellets. Ten implants are provided in a cartridge."

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you take steroids to increase nuclei, then you come off steroids all that mononuclei goes dormant.

You will not be able to get bigger or have more muscle from the mononuclei unless steroids are in your system

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you take steroids to increase nuclei, then you come off steroids all that mononuclei goes dormant.

You will not be able to get bigger or have more muscle from the mononuclei unless steroids are in your system
Well, according to this norwegian study done on mice, one of professors involved said:

Muscle memory

The mechanism behind this effect can be described as a form of ‘muscle memory’, where an increased number of nuclei in muscle cells is maintained after temporary use of performance enhancing drugs.

"Each nucleus can produce proteins for a certain volume of the cell. Thus, each nucleus and the associated synthetic apparatus can be viewed as a small protein factory that builds muscles. In principle, the more nuclei, the bigger muscles you can obtain.
“There is an accumulation of nuclei when you build muscles, and these nuclei seem to promote the gain of muscle mass with future exercise,” Gundersen says

We are not mice and we all know that in mice, even some plants/herbs works better than anabolic steroids.
But this is interesting subject for sure.
I will contact the professor and discuss the possibilities

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well, according to this norwegian study done on mice, one of professors involved said:

Muscle memory

The mechanism behind this effect can be described as a form of ‘muscle memory’, where an increased number of nuclei in muscle cells is maintained after temporary use of performance enhancing drugs.

"Each nucleus can produce proteins for a certain volume of the cell. Thus, each nucleus and the associated synthetic apparatus can be viewed as a small protein factory that builds muscles. In principle, the more nuclei, the bigger muscles you can obtain.
“There is an accumulation of nuclei when you build muscles, and these nuclei seem to promote the gain of muscle mass with future exercise,” Gundersen says

We are not mice and we all know that in mice, even some plants/herbs works better than anabolic steroids.
But this is interesting subject for sure.
I will contact the professor and discuss the possibilities
Sounds great, on paper. But Not in real life tho

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds great, on paper. Not real life tho
Yea I do agree. I mean, it works for mice BUT we are not mice :)

Remember, Ecdysterone works better than ANY anabolic compound in mice. Even Maria Parr proved this in 2015 (worked better than IGF1 and maaany other compounds).

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Yea I do agree. I mean, it works for mice BUT we are not mice :)

Remember, Ecdysterone works better than ANY anabolic compound in mice. Even Maria Parr proved this in 2015 (worked better than IGF1 and maaany other compounds).
I'm not for testing dangerous stuff on animals but I would feel better if they tested these muscle building supplements on primates instead of mice. Maybe I'm nuts but I feel like it would have more carryover to humans?

Like say vitamin x builds muscle and burns fat in mice, cool now let's go to chimps. It builds muscle and burns fat in chimps with no side effects, not let's go to humans lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I'm still half asleep but when I wake up I'm gonna dig into that idea, I'm wondering why we don't do chimp testing with supplements lol, we could produce some super chimps in the process

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not for testing dangerous stuff on animals but I would feel better if they tested these muscle building supplements on primates instead of mice. Maybe I'm nuts but I feel like it would have more carryover to humans?

Like say vitamin x builds muscle and burns fat in mice, cool now let's go to chimps. It builds muscle and burns fat in chimps with no side effects, not let's go to humans lol
I will ask the professor if there is a human study (done on lets say ex roid users).

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm still half asleep but when I wake up I'm gonna dig into that idea, I'm wondering why we don't do chimp testing with supplements lol, we could produce some super chimps in the process
Hm, Chimp with Anadrol, Tren, IGF-1 +++ (and exercise).
Damn sounds like a Gorilla 😁

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I will ask the professor if there is a human study (done on lets say ex roid users).
I have a ton of friends that do 1-2 cycles per year, some of these guys been at it for 20+ years and after every cycle they shrink back to square one. If you look at guys like Dave poloumbo, he was a 300+lb off season bodybuilder but before he was a bodybuilder he was a runner or something like that and that's what he looked like. Now that he's long past steroids he's back to looking like a thin average built person. Dorian Yates is the same.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a ton of friends that do 1-2 cycles per year, some of these guys been at it for 20+ years and after every cycle they shrink back to square one. If you look at guys like Dave poloumbo, he was a 300+lb off season bodybuilder but before he was a bodybuilder he was a runner or something like that and that's what he looked like. Now that he's long past steroids he's back to looking like a thin average built person. Dorian Yates is the same.
Ofcourse.
But look this way:
Lets say (this is just a horrible example), biceps has 100 nuclei in musclecells. After using steroids for some years you increase to 160.
When you stop with all steroids/PED's, ofcourse you will shrink like a tire with a hole.(You dont have same protein synthesis, you dont have same nitrogen retention++++). But if you start lifting again even natural, you have more nuclei and you will be able to be little bit more bigger than if you NEVER ran steroids.
This is a principle of "muscle memory" and having more muscle stem cells aka Satellite cells/more nuclei.

"Muscle memory is probably related to the cell nuclei residing inside the muscle."

"It was recently shown in mice that a brief exposure to anabolic steroids recruited new muscle nuclei. When the steroids were withdrawn, the muscle rapidly shrank to normal size, but the extra nuclei remained"

A bodybuilder or anyone who used steroids and achieved huge physique will NEVER ever be able to achieve this naturaly if they stop using steroids and get back naturally. Those compounds puts your system into supraphysiological state and there are so many pathways involved.

A pro bodybuilder eat like a horse, and when they stop competiting, using less PED's, they eat less ++.
No way they are able to keep the size no matter how good maintained those Nuclei/satellit cells are

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Ofcourse.
But look this way:
Lets say (this is just a horrible example), biceps has 100 nuclei in musclecells. After using steroids for some years you increase to 160.
When you stop with all steroids/PED's, ofcourse you will shrink like a tire with a hole.(You dont have same protein synthesis, you dont have same nitrogen retention++++). But if you start lifting again even natural, you have more nuclei and you will be able to be little bit more bigger than if you NEVER ran steroids.
This is a principle of "muscle memory" and having more muscle stem cells aka Satellite cells/more nuclei.

"Muscle memory is probably related to the cell nuclei residing inside the muscle."

"It was recently shown in mice that a brief exposure to anabolic steroids recruited new muscle nuclei. When the steroids were withdrawn, the muscle rapidly shrank to normal size, but the extra nuclei remained"

A bodybuilder or anyone who used steroids and achieved huge physique will NEVER ever be able to achieve this naturaly if they stop using steroids and get back naturally. Those compounds puts your system into supraphysiological state and there are so many pathways involved.
I get what your saying and I understand the theory. But I have yet to meet a person who stopped using steroids and stayed bigger then before they used steroids. Every single person I've ever seen do this goes back to the size that they were before they ever used steroid's.

Say they peaked out at 175 8% bodyfat, do you steroids for a bunch of years and get up to 225 at 8% body fat. Then they come off gear and a few years later even though they're training they're back to that 175 lb or so.

I actually think many of them end up worse off because after gear some/most can't produce as much testosterone as they use to.

I obviously cannot say that no1 ever has built extra muscle post steroids. But I've never seen someone who was already in good shape get juiced up then come off juice and continue to be better than they were before they ever use juice, then back up where they left off.

I mean I see people every single day that are juiced to the gills that look like they don't even lift weights, most of the guys that you steroids don't look like they're on steroids. There's 150lb guys in every gym taking a gram of gear. I see it all the time. These guys can't build muscle while there on steroids

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get what your saying and I understand the theory. But I have yet to meet a person who stopped using steroids and stayed bigger then before they used steroids. Every single person I've ever seen do this goes back to the size that they were before they ever used steroid's.

Say they peaked out at 175 8% bodyfat, do you steroids for a bunch of years and get up to 225 at 8% body fat. Then they come off gear and a few years later even though they're training they're back to that 175 lb or so.

I actually think many of them end up worse off because after gear some/most can't produce as much testosterone as they use to.

I obviously cannot say that no1 ever has built extra muscle post steroids. But I've never seen someone who was already in good shape get juiced up then come off juice and continue to be better than they were before they ever use juice, then back up where they left off.

I mean I see people every single day that are juiced to the gills that look like they don't even lift weights, most of the guys that you steroids don't look like they're on steroids. There's 150lb guys in every gym taking a gram of gear. I see it all the time. These guys can't build muscle while there on steroids
I have seen some nice maintenance in some guys post AAS usage. But those was not 300lbs guys and they was actually eating even more calories (even more clean). But this is very rare to see. Usually, you see people shrink like mad and when they are off AAS etc,, their motivation/intensivity at gym= crap, the food intake goes plenty much down ++++.

I saw a study where they measured nitrogen in the body. Eating at maintenance, it lets say produce 7kg/day nitrogen. Eating 30% above maintenance gave 35kg/day nitrogen. That is 5x.more. Just from food. Imagine all the effects from AAS, HGH, Insulin :)

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
A pro bodybuilder eat like a horse, and when they stop competiting, using less PED's, they eat less ++.
No way they are able to keep the size no matter how good maintained those Nuclei/satellit cells are
^This^ plus not lifting heavy anymore is the main reason why pro’s is not that big anymore.