Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc Supplement

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read somewhere that Calcium blocks the absorbtion of Zinc and Magnesium. I saw this mix at the vitamin section of the Commissary....is this a worthless combination?

Also, is there any difference between taking Zinc and Magnesium together and taking a premixed ZMA?

Would I even need additional Magnesium and Zinc than what I already get in a multivitamin?

Thanks!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes the calcium does hurt absorption of other vits, and minerals. I personally just buy some zinc, and some magnesium instead of buying ZMA. I get the same results, and save money.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
well crap, the brand I bough has all three in one pill, so looks like I need to find a new one, I didn't realize that Ca competed with the other two. What do you guys think about the type of Mg in the supp. I have always heard that magnesium apertate (something like that) was better then magnesium malate (??). Does it really make a difference?

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Yes the calcium does hurt absorption of other vits, and minerals. I personally just buy some zinc, and some magnesium instead of buying ZMA. I get the same results, and save money.
That sounds great. Zinc and Magnesium are cheap as dirt at the Commissary, so I'll scoop up a bunch of those.

Does it help to take ZMA while on anabolics, or should I just wait for PCT?

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That sounds great. Zinc and Magnesium are cheap as dirt at the Commissary, so I'll scoop up a bunch of those.

Does it help to take ZMA while on anabolics, or should I just wait for PCT?
I've heard to wait til pct. while on your body uses the nutrients more efficiently so its getting plenty.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
During cutting would be an optimal time as well, as I am doing now.:rant: