Burning in my IT Band when performing walking lunges. Any advice on what to do?

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
I love doing walking lunges, they are one of my favorite leg exercises. But **** now when I do them, I get this really crazy burning sensation in my leg that forces me to stop during the exercise. Its highly annoying.

My IT band especially the one in my left leg is the one that is giving me the issue. When I stand for long periods especially during meal prep it will start burning as well but then eventually will go away, then come back again. My coach is currently rolling me out when we work together for about 20-25 minutes and treating my muscles with deep tissue massage as well.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is really unlikely to be the issue but I mention it purely as the ‘burning during food prep’ comment struck a chord.....I had exactly that and turned out to be a prolapsed disc between l4&l5.

I took a lot of turmeric (still do) and focused on strengthening my lower back and I’ve not felt it for 12 months or so.

Like I say I doubt highly you have the same issue but figured if there was a small chance my experience was of assistance I’d mention it.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love doing walking lunges, they are one of my favorite leg exercises. But **** now when I do them, I get this really crazy burning sensation in my leg that forces me to stop during the exercise. Its highly annoying.

My IT band especially the one in my left leg is the one that is giving me the issue. When I stand for long periods especially during meal prep it will start burning as well but then eventually will go away, then come back again. My coach is currently rolling me out when we work together for about 20-25 minutes and treating my muscles with deep tissue massage as well.
Are the massages helping? You might need to foam roll your IT band. I would do it daily and ease into it. If the area is tender, it can be a very painful area to roll out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuRhjYqOjz0