Bulk vs. Recomp vs Cut for Keeping Results Post Cycle/PCT?

tjfletcher195

Awards
Let's say you have three scenarios (assume a 175lbs 10% BF Male running a mild PH such as epistane/hdrol):

1.) Bulking cycle with a ~600 calorie surplus, primarily muscle gain with a little fat gain
2.) Recomp cycle with a 200-300 calorie surplus, lean muscle gain (less than scenario 1) with a little fat loss
3.) Cutting cycle with a 300-400 calorie deficit, primarily fat loss (moreso than scenario 2) with slight muscle gain

I know in the bulking cycle, not all strength/lean mass gains will be kept after the Cycle and PCT (although a good majority of the gains should be kept). As far as ease of keeping results Post Cycle, how does the Recomp cycle compare to the bulking cycle? There will be less mass/strength gains with a smaller calorie surplus; does this mean keeping those gains will be easier (as you will be dealing with ~5-6 lbs of mass gain as opposed to ~8-10 lbs, for example) coming off cycle? And then for the cutting cycle where there is even less mass gained (results primarily being in the form of fat loss), there are even less gains to worry about keeping.

I guess what my question is: with bulking cycles, it's possible to lose some of the mass gained whilst on cycle. What is the equivalent to this with cutting/recomp cycles, is there a higher likelihood of experiencing rebound fat gain when coming off cycle?

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
Without any scientific backing, this is my thought on the matter...

For me, It's harder to gain weight than it is to lose weight on a structured diet and natty supplements. So with that being said, I'd go full on bulk to take advantage of the compound and cultivate as much mass as possible. If you gain fat, eff it, you can cut that little bit fairly easy with a thermo and a good diet. I wouldn't waste a run on trying to lose weight and worrying too much about gaining fat. If your diet is on point, you shouldn't have a crazy amount of fat gain anyways.