bulk leucine powder from nutra

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
who has used it? and how is the taste/texture/mixability?

i think im going to end my xtend streak and just take leucine.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Taste and mixability are horrible, but that is with all Leucine. Add to something with a strong flavor and shake the sh!t out of it off and on for about 10 mins so most of it will dissolve.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very high quality and easy to mix, if done correctly.

I find it most useful to mix either Leucine, or the BCAA mix, with equal parts Xtend to "xtend" the value and make it last twice as long, while still taking advantage of their EXCELLENT flavoring system.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
bulk leucine works fine mixed in crystal light.
but i also prefer to use the method dsade mentioned - 1/2 xtend 1/2 leucine.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Pick up a blender bottle along with the Leucine and you will have no problem mixing it. I have found that the taste is pretty easy to mask with Fruit Punch and Orange flavored drinks. If you plan on drinking during your training try mixing the leucine with kool aid and dextrose, taste fine and you will have a hard time getting sore from training.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Yea I personally go 2 sccops Xtend, 2 scoops bulk BCAA (which is similar to bulk leucine in the above categories), and 1 tbsp of leucine for an intra shake. Mixes fine in the shaker bottle.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
Pick up a blender bottle along with the Leucine and you will have no problem mixing it. I have found that the taste is pretty easy to mask with Fruit Punch and Orange flavored drinks. If you plan on drinking during your training try mixing the leucine with kool aid and dextrose, taste fine and you will have a hard time getting sore from training.
blender bottle = <3

i think ill try the leucine/crystal light method. or maybe even iced tea (unsweetened). kool aid, for some reason, sounds amazing tho. ill experiment.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
blender bottle = <3

i think ill try the leucine/crystal light method. or maybe even iced tea (unsweetened). kool aid, for some reason, sounds amazing tho. ill experiment.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
yea i use bulk leucine with my ICE to help make it last longer but when i run out, i usually mix in my shakes and in my water bottles with the crystal light "on the go's" ... love those things. mixability is great as well.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
what kind of dosing protocol does everyone use for leucine? im thinking 1 serving of extend and an added 5-7 grams of leucine.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
what kind of dosing protocol does everyone use for leucine? im thinking 1 serving of extend and an added 5-7 grams of leucine.
I usually go go 4-6 scoops (or both Xtend and Bulk) which is around 20 grams BCAA, some CM (from the Xtend), and a added 5 grams of Leucine. I'll drink that one the way to the gym, during, and down if I haven't finished it by the end of my workout (since I have a gallon sized water on hand as well).

Sometimes if I feel up to it or if I subconsciously truley believe in the word mega dose of Leucine I will take in another 5 grams with my post workout shake.

Between my (and the majority of us on here) already high dietary protein intake we are all taking in a large amount of leucine (along with EAAs and BCAAs).

I wish someone would do a really solid study on the subject of added free form aminos (in particular leucine) and its effect on protein synthesis (the one I saw showed a Pro+CHO+free leucine to be superior in Protein synthesis, but it contained 40grams more AA sooo... lol). In the mean time I will take the easy route that more is better lol.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 31
Supplements 29
Supplements 10
KRNMuscle Supplements 25
Supplements 2