BSL Caein Pro review

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
BSL Casein Pro review

BSL Casein Pro vanilla

Ingredients - 10/10 Nice formula. 51% micellar casein and 49% ceramic filtered whey isolate.
1 serving
calories 115 cal
carbs 2.5g
pro 23g

Smell - 9/10 (mixed with whole milk) Has a nice vanilla scent.

Mixability - 9/10 (mixed with whole milk) I used a blender and the powder mixed very well . No lumps.

Taste - 10/10 Very nice vanilla flavor. Not artifical. Left a pleasant after taste. Texture was a little grainy. Not in a bad way. It had a full mouth feel. It mixes a little thicker due to the micealler casein. Like a real milkshake.

A quality product. Excellent ingredients and taste. Kept me full for a while. I enjoyed it. Wonder how chocolate is?

Last edited:
TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Personally I think it tastes more like Marshmellow than Vanilla. Either way, I find it to be really good despite not being a huge fan of this flavor in general. Honestly, tha only other Vanilla I've tried and actually liked was SAN's Vanilla Caramel Infusion...

Chocolate still reigns supreme in my book. BSL's Chocolate is mild in flavor compared to most. This is not to say it's weak, just not overly sweet... I guess you'll have to buy a jug to find out, eh? ;)

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
can u compare it to alltheway casien? i tried their vanilla and it tasted like chalk

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
The taste and after taste reminded me of vanilla icing and sugar cookies.

Sorry I can not compare it to ATW.

Vanilla is not my favorite flavor. But I enjoyed it.

Maybe I will try chocolate.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
A Chocolate Review

Xtreme Formulation Ultra Peptide - Chocolate

So for some time I have read about XF being a good tasting, slow digesting protein, but my first experience with casein products was ON 100% caesin, which while tasting ok, mixed like crap, stuck up my blender, etc. I have always been a big fan of Black Star Labs, but all I can say is UP was beyond my expectations

Taste: Easily a 10/10. I have chocolate and mixed it in both water and milk. In water it tastest like a melted candy bar, in milk it tastest like a milkshake. You know when you take some heavy duty hershey chocolate syrup with rich vanilla ice cream? yeah, its like that and helathy too ;)

Mixability: Again 10/10. Like I said above, I expected something like pure casein that clumped, stuck to the spoon, etc. In both milk and water, I used around 8 oz of water and a spoon and with no more than half a dozen stirs, all the powder was dissolved and it staid dissolved, even when i let it sit around as i was drinking it slowly (no need to slam something that tastest this good)

Value/Profile: 10/10. Yes, this is a little pricier than whey, but this is not whey, it is Micellar Casein and Whey Isolate. It is a fantastic nighttime protein or to be used throughout the day as a staple for an mrp. While it may be a little more expensive, based on the quality of ingredients and taste, it is well worth it.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Another Vanilla Review

Xtreme Formulation Ultra Peptide - Vanilla

Taste: Easily a 10/10. Picked up the vanilla and man does it taste fantastic. It is a very rich french vanilla like taste without the sticky sweet aftertaste that a lot of overwhelming vanillas have. I have read it described as marshmellow and while I can see that comparison, I think a rich french vanilla is the best describtion.

Mixability: Again 10/10. I have mixed it with about 12 oz of both water and milk and either way it is fantastic. With milk it tastes exactly like a vanilla milkshake, but without needing the usual scoop of ice cream

Value/Profile: 10/10. A fantastic mix, as I said before. This is no whey, so the price is a little higher, but there is nothing like a high quality protein
... :)

RB12

RB12

Awards
The taste and after taste reminded me of vanilla icing and sugar cookies.

Sorry I can not compare it to ATW.

Vanilla is not my favorite flavor. But I enjoyed it.

Maybe I will try chocolate.
definitely worth trying, as you can see from my reviews that were quoted by toad :)