Broken blood vessels on shoulders

deadlift18

Awards
for a while now i have been getting broken blood vessels on my shoulders whenever i do heavy calf raises, deadlifts, and shrugs. They go away after a few days. Just wondering if this is normal or if anyone else has this problem.

MrRobRage

Awards
try hack squats..... i work legs twice a week so my shoulders are perpetually lined in red

MMAnabolics

MMAnabolics

Awards
it's where the pads sit when you use leg machines, nothing to worry about.

DB21

DB21

Awards
Yeah, it's where the bar and stuff sits.

Not really a big deal, I get them too.

nmls

Awards
I get them pretty bad during hack squats... Don't really think it is out of the norm...

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I used to get them when I was doing heavy squats.

risktaker

Awards
for a while now i have been getting broken blood vessels on my shoulders whenever i do heavy calf raises, deadlifts, and shrugs. They go away after a few days. Just wondering if this is normal or if anyone else has this problem.
Your probably pushing yourself too hard, look at kai greene overkill, when he squated, he push himself so hard that the blood vessels in the eyes ruptered.

deadlift18

Awards
yes i have lifted before and i always get them especially during calf raises and i forgot about hack squats. I just never thought it was out of the norm, my wife was just freaking out cause i always get them so hence the post .