BREAKING NEWS - FDA TRIES TO CRIMINALIZE SUPPLEMENTS

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I swore to defend the Constitution from ALL enemies, foreign and domestic.

I think we are starting to find out who the true terrorists are...and they are wearing suits in DC.
The real problem with democracy is that the "old blood" controls the worlds wealth and just substitutes the current figure head out and puts in a new one to keep people from revolting. When public approval falls people just vote in another puppet and then when they feel satisfied and have hope again they start over.

The reason this is allowed to go on is because people think that the politicians are the ones in charge. It is not until we unravel the true power and expose it that we are actually capable of fighting it.

By continuing to believe that bush, obama or alike is the source of the problem makes it a war that can never be won.

This whole green movement, bailout, financial crisis, war on terror and loss of constitutional rights is part of a big movement to enslave the populace.

I dont care if anyone thinks i am nuts, the picture is getting easier and easier to see and the blind will always be unable to see it.

The best thing you can do is to familiarise yourself with the counsel on foreign relations, the bilderberg group and the trilateral commision.

The private owners of the FED, media corporations and bankrollers of opression are one and the same. I imagine even now someone is being groomed to be the next hero that will offer to free the people and "fix" what obama messed up. Just as an uprising is starting people are sedated by the new figure head acting with the same instructions.

dave12

Awards
  • Established
While I appreciate the impact of the illuminati, the bildeburgers group, the tri lateral commission, ninjas, freemasons, and the business community at large on the coming storm I'd like to suggest you mangs go read "Liberty and Tyranny". All this garbage is 70 years of modern liberalism reaching a cultural peak in the US. The books an easy read, thoughtful and doesn't require one to sound like Cynthia McKinney when reiterating some of it's points.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
This whole green movement, bailout, financial crisis, war on terror and loss of constitutional rights is part of a big movement to enslave the populace.
Actually, I have been saying this for a long time now. I believe it is all orchestrated to an extent. It serves the politicians' best interest if the nation is in a state of turmoil. How else will gov grow? I believe it was Rahm Emmanuel who said "Never let a crisis go to waste" what did he mean by that I wonder

DenDestroys

Awards
Sent.

I don't think my blood pressure ever rose this high in the morning before.

jim623

I am shocked, I actually got a response.

Dear James:

Thank you for contacting me about the Food Safety Enhancement Act (H.R. 2749). It is good to hear from you.

I appreciate your concern with food safety issues and I agree that many of these problems should have been avoided. Contaminated products, such as baby formula containing melamine and peanuts with salmonella, have further eroded the public's confidence in the safety of our food supply. I would encourage you to regularly check the Food & Drug Administration's (FDA) website (http://www.fda.gov/) to get accurate information regarding any food product recalls or warnings.

These cases further highlight the need for increased inspections of the products made here at home, as well as overseas. In order to address this issue, Representative John Dingell (MI-15) introduced the Food Safety Enhancement Act. Unfortunately, I am concerned with some of the expanded authorities given to the FDA under this bill that I believe should reside under the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). I am hopeful these issues can be addressed through committee hearings and mark-up sessions. While we must do more to protect our citizens from unsafe foods, we need to be aware of some of the potentially harmful consequences of the current legislation. Rest assured, I will keep your views in mind as this bill continues through the legislative process.

Again, thank you for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Charles W. Boustany, Jr., M.D.
Member of Congress

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am shocked, I actually got a response.

Dear James:

Thank you for contacting me about the Food Safety Enhancement Act (H.R. 2749). It is good to hear from you.

I appreciate your concern with food safety issues and I agree that many of these problems should have been avoided. Contaminated products, such as baby formula containing melamine and peanuts with salmonella, have further eroded the public's confidence in the safety of our food supply. I would encourage you to regularly check the Food & Drug Administration's (FDA) website (http://www.fda.gov/) to get accurate information regarding any food product recalls or warnings.

These cases further highlight the need for increased inspections of the products made here at home, as well as overseas. In order to address this issue, Representative John Dingell (MI-15) introduced the Food Safety Enhancement Act. Unfortunately, I am concerned with some of the expanded authorities given to the FDA under this bill that I believe should reside under the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). I am hopeful these issues can be addressed through committee hearings and mark-up sessions. While we must do more to protect our citizens from unsafe foods, we need to be aware of some of the potentially harmful consequences of the current legislation. Rest assured, I will keep your views in mind as this bill continues through the legislative process.

Again, thank you for contacting me.

Sincerely,

Charles W. Boustany, Jr., M.D.
Member of Congress
Great...reads the email and concludes that you want further powers to FDA (paraphrased) to "protect the children".

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
I won't bother signing petitions asking the government to not do something. They do what they want.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd like to take this opportunity to recommend checking out Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand to anyone that wants a glimpse into the mindset that brings the coming world into being.

It will infuriate, shock, inspire - but also entertain.

Those who desire this ultimate consequence have kept no secrets about it - from FDR on down. They just don't believe their FAIL is inevitable since somehow it will be different this time.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
By continuing to believe that bush, obama or alike is the source of the problem makes it a war that can never be won.
I don't necessarily disagree with your whole point, however I will point out that only the politicians specifically swore the same oath to the Constitution and principles of freedom, etc, whereas businesses didn't.

They are traitors to that oath, and to the people.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I don't like where the US is headed. Keep your guns and pray that the soldiers in the military won't completely fall in line with those calling the shots. Extreme? Yeah.

TZachM420

TZachM420

Awards
I swore to defend the Constitution from ALL enemies, foreign and domestic.

I think we are starting to find out who the true terrorists are...and they are wearing suits in DC.
I couldn't agree more. I took the same oath almost 4 years ago, and now I too am wondering who it is that I should really be fighting...

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
... to get attention writing to your congressman/ woman, particularly if you're a solider and are using the supplements to enhance operational fitness. That then looks like a they are threatening the defence of the releam - I dunno what the US equivalent is - defense the nation that sort of thing.

You could be in a situation where guns are legal but supplements banned. That makes alot of sense.

I wonder why?

You need a supplements version of the NRA.

TZachM420

TZachM420

Awards
I have read excerpts from the Food Safety Enhancement Act (H.R. 2749) of 2009, and I do not like what I see. The language in certain parts of the bill is very vague and it seems to grant a huge amount of authority to the FDA when it comes to interpreting and applying the rules within. Nobody wants to get salmonella from tainted food or to buy Chinese products tainted with hazardous chemicals, but this bill is asking the American people to give up way too much freedom to the FDA in exchange for a marginal or negligible increase in Food safety. I believe the drug companies and the ConAgra's out there want the American people to have to buy their products, and their products only. This bill will severely hurt the small farmers and supplement businesses nation wide, and that is not an acceptable consequence of vaguely anticipated increases in safety. Please vote NO on this bill Senator Specter/Casey. Thank you.

This is the letter I sent to both of my Pennsylvania senators. Now to see if I get any kind of response...

TZachM420

TZachM420

Awards
The supplements I take have absolutely helped me to become a better soldier when it comes to physical performance. We do need a supplement version of the NRA. All in favor, say "AYE"!

impulseoctane

impulseoctane

Awards
Here's the reply my rep. sent me:

Dear Mr. ----,

Thank you for contacting my office in regards to food safety issues at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Your correspondence is highly valuable and I appreciate your sentiments.

Food safety regulation is not only an important part of protecting our health; it is also inexorably linked to homeland security. It is tragic to imagine that improper funding and inadequate technology at inspection points can lead to sickness and possibly even death from the food we eat.

As you know, the Food Safety Enhancement Act, H.R. 2749, grants the Food and Drug Administration the authorities and resources it needs to better oversee the safety of the nation's food supply. The legislation also increases industry's responsibility for overseeing the safety of their own products and provides FDA with new and enhanced tools to hold them accountable when they fail. This legislation has been referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce. While I do not sit on this committee, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind should this bill come to a vote before the full House of Representatives.

Again, thank you for your opinion and letter. I am most appreciative. Should you have additional comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. My door is always open.

Sincerely,

Paul D. Tonko
MEMBER OF CONGRESS

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here's the reply my rep. sent me:
Again...looks like h is twisting his words around and misinterpreting the leter as mistaken support of more authority for FDA.

Is there an IQ test to get into congress?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Man why was I born at this time, WW II at least made more sense than this crap!

I am gona look into Atlas Shrugged, it sounds interesting.

The presidents, though all of em inbred retards by my opinion(history points to few really great ones).

The federal government needs cut down to a small representation that ASSISTS the states, not rules them with threats and bribery of federal aid.

impulseoctane

impulseoctane

Awards
Again...looks like h is twisting his words around and misinterpreting the leter as mistaken support of more authority for FDA.

I don't know what happened here. The area in which I live used to be heavily conservative, and we had farms all over the place. Small business were thriving, my parents and grandparents all had local businesses they started. My uncles and everyone did too.

Now, fast forward 30-50 years, and it's very much a democratic area. Only one of my relatives still owns a small business, and the entire "mom & pop" market around here is done. The road I grew up on had 3 farms of pretty decent size. I go down the same road today, at 20 years old, and guess what? Not one of the three farms are still producing.

It's really sad. I'm going to school for political science and market regulations (double major) and it's scary to see what's happening. I wish more people in the "real world" thought like those of us here on AM. I'm pretty sure the total IQ of AM regulars is higher than that of the federal government.

I'm calling Tonko (The guy who replied to me) tomorrow, and I'm going to do my best to "lay it all out" for him.

Any tips you think I could slide in would be awesome to post! Keep in mind, he doesn't give a **** about the supplement industry, rather "food safety".

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Please consider joining the fight to take the country back.

Find a "Tea Party" near you and get involved.

http://www.teapartyday.com/Locations.aspx

The list isn't exhaustive, for example I found a group in my city that wasn't listed. I suggest looking up your city or county in Google along with tea party.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
--Thomas Jefferson

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
--Thomas Jefferson

"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security."
--Benjamin Franklin

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself."
--Benjamin Franklin

"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."
--Thomas Paine

"That government is best which governs least."
--Thomas Paine

"If we do not hang together, we shall surely hang separately."
--Thomas Paine

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Obviously the auto-letter needs to be dumbed down considerably, or we are going to push them in the wrong direction.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Please consider joining the fight to take the country back.

Find a "Tea Party" near you and get involved.

http://www.teapartyday.com/Locations.aspx

The list isn't exhaustive, for example I found a group in my city that wasn't listed. I suggest looking up your city or county in Google along with tea party.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
--Thomas Jefferson

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
--Thomas Jefferson

"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security."
--Benjamin Franklin

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself."
--Benjamin Franklin

"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."
--Thomas Paine

"That government is best which governs least."
--Thomas Paine

"If we do not hang together, we shall surely hang separately."
--Thomas Paine
So tempting....this government has kinda become a dictatorship hiding behind the curtain of democracy.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Letter:

"Bill 2479: Don't you dare f*cking do it you a$$ hole!"

;)
Haha, that would probably figure more prominently in their minds. Really, though, how moronic are these representatives? We have seen two replies thus far, and both of them have completely misinterpreted the e-mails. Apparently when the (R) representative featured in Religulous said, "Luckily you don't need an IQ test to be in the Senate", he was right.

My counter-reply would have been similar to yours: "No, you ****ing *******, I meant the complete opposite of what you said. There are two things I need you to do right now: a) jab your face with a fork, and; b) slam your hand in your desk. After the mental enema those activities give you, take a moment and reread my initial e-mail; I think you will have an easier time interpreting it."

Ubiyca

Ubiyca

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'd like to take this opportunity to recommend checking out Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand to anyone that wants a glimpse into the mindset that brings the coming world into being.

It will infuriate, shock, inspire - but also entertain.

Those who desire this ultimate consequence have kept no secrets about it - from FDR on down. They just don't believe their FAIL is inevitable since somehow it will be different this time.
It is an Illuminati book. The book was ordered written and produced by Philip Rothschild, the leader of the Illuminati in his day and age. It was ordered written by a woman named Ayn Rand. She was, at that time, one of Philip Rothschild's mistresses. She was already a well-known author and her books sell nationwide. She wrote this book, it was suppose to be a novel. It's 1100 pages.

It was written as a novel supposedly, but it is a codebook. And what's in the book, is a step by step plan to take over the whole world by taking over the United States.

Now, the power of the Illuminati and I'll give an explanation, the Illuminati did this following: First, most people have found the Illuminati in things that have crossed their path. People have found it in the occult and mistakenly they have said, "Ah ha, the Illuminati is the occult." Then, they have found it In the Masons and they have said, "Ah ha, the Illuminati is the Masons. Then, they have found it in politics and they said, "Oh, it's politics". So they found it in the International banking system or they found it in Zionism so they list it as just being that.

Actually, it is all these things, and much more. They found it in the Mormon religion. That's because the leaders of the Mormon religion are in high echelons in the Illuminati. They have found it in the John Birch Society, that's because the man who leads the John Birch Society is both a high degree Mason and a Mormon. It is all these things and its power is finance. If you would take its finance away, which is impossible. I am getting ahead of myself. The book is called Atlas Shrugged. They did not want people to buy this book other than those told to buy it within the occult and within the Illuminati. They're extremely mad because just this year alone (1977?) they have sold a million of them, mostly to Christians. And they don't like that. In fact, they tried to stop printing it, but people don't want to stop printing it they're raking so much money.

The bad thing about it though, is since it is written as a novel, it has some passages I think might belong in Hustler or other places. Maybe out of 1100 pages, you might count five that are this way, you can tear them out and throw them away. They're stuck in there on purpose to keep Christians from reading the book. So, if you get to a passage that is a little something you shouldn't read, just turn to the next page, it'll be over by then and you can go on with the story. Now if you don't like to read, skip the first 200 pages. The first 200 pages are exactly the way most people in the world are, they're very boring. No, actually they're the conspiracy from people in all the walks of life talking about this incident happening and that incident happening and you know it's very boring to the fact that let's you know that it's the conspiracy that's planning the incidents.

It's like reading the newspaper today, you don't really know what's happening behind it. But after the first 200 pages, 8 chapters, 9 chapters something like that, it starts showing you that everything that is happening, is conspired to happen. The common name for the Illuminati is The Conspiracy, or the Great Conspiracy. Now until we lost the school system to people within the Communist party and within the Illuminati and so on, you were taught in your history classes and some people can remember this, that history was taught that it happened because somebody conspired for it to happen. Then, we didn't want in this nation anybody to get ideas that maybe our Government was a conspiracy so they decided to start teaching that it happened because it happened. World War II happened because some people got mad, World War I happened because some people got mad. The Depression happened because we bought too much too soon without enough money. They did not want anybody to get the idea that it all happened because somebody conspired for it to happen. I hope to accomplish one thing tonight more than anything, that I will change your attitude, that I will put new forms or patterns or whatever in your life that you will walk out of here and when something happens you'll go. "Now, I wonder what they're really up to." Really.

When you study Atlas Shrugged, you will find out that you are reading the front pages of the paper today. The oil shortage that doesn't exist. They state that they destroy their own oil wells, that they hide their own oil so nobody can have it. They state how they destroy the coal mines and shut the coal mines down, they shut the electricity down, they state how they cripple the country and no food is grown. It states how they pit and derail trains so that no trains go. It states how they sink and pirate thousands of ships every year.

We just recently heard down in Florida, how they're asking people not to sail out in pleasure craft in the Bermuda Triangle area, not because they believe in the Bermuda Triangle, but because over 1,000 ships were pirated last year and everybody on board was killed and dumped in the ocean. Now, they don't like to put that on the front page as you see that might cause some people to wonder about some things.

And this is all in this book that was written 12 years ago and in the book, they gain control of the world by bankrupting their own businesses. The Illuminati owns most, I would say, 99 9/10 of the stores that you walk into and shop, and the gas stations you go to and they are going to destroy them on purpose. They are in the process of buying up the last few years, all the stores they don't own.

They bought up Grants and they bankrupted it. They just bought up Two Guys and you can watch for them to go out of business and they keep in business the ones that they've always owned and they're going to bankrupt them before too long and cripple them and bankrupt them before too long and cripple them and destroy them.

The idea of taking over is to bankrupt the whole world where nothing is of any value and the currency does not exist anywhere and then come back and solve all the problems. The book Atlas Shrugged ends with the hero, John Galt, which is really Philip Rothschild, lifting his hand up in the air and drawing the symbol of his organization, never says Illuminati in the book, in the air and he says, "We shall follow this symbol back." The symbol that he draws is the dollar sign. Now the $ sign is only used in America, by the way. Nowhere else to represent money. It's almost 8,000 years old or probably older, goes back in time to the pyramids and it means to scourge or to punish and through punishment to purify and make right. That's what it means. Funny that that's what we symbolized our money.

Now, the Rothschilds lead the Illuminati and in every country they have a family with the head of that family being the head of the Illuminati. In the United States, we have the Rockefellers. David Rockefeller is both the head of the Council of Foreign Relations and the Trilateral Administration or Council which is the name of the Illuminati within the United States.

The main source of finance for the Illuminati and for the whole world, particularly in the United States is the Standard Oil Co. Now, I'm going to educate you about something tonight that the Illuminati hoped nobody would ever find out about. Of course, you can check out who owns Standard 0il, --that's David Rockefeller.

Now, when we were in the Illuminati we had to learn the hieroglyphics of the Illuminati. We had to go and shop at the stores that the Illuminati marked themselves, marked their stores by. Of course, they own almost everything but their main businesses, they mark. Standard Oil is the conglomerate that owns almost everything. I'm going to tell you the things they own. You won't believe what they own. It's that astonishing. If I ask most people today besides Standard Oil what do you say is the number one conglomerate in the United States? Besides Standard Oil, Sears, General Motors, they own Ford, they own American Motors, they own Chrysler. Now, you've got these Federal Department Stores down here. Federal Department Stores is Sears, Penneys.

A man very close, very powerful in the Illuminati, doesn't live too far from here, that owns all the Federal Department Stores. He lives in Columbus, his name is Lazarus. Now, Lazarus owns Federal Department Stores, Federal Department Stores owns Gold Circle, they own Kresges, which own Kmart. They own just about every department store In the United States. Globe, Ontario so on. They own Woolworth, which owns Willcos. But Standard owns Mobile and Mobile owns Montgomery Wards. You getting the message? Now, you can find out what Standard owns because they mark their signs with blue and red. Everything they own. They also, with their oil companies, mark their oil companies with occult symbols.

The main symbol is the sign of their god, the five-pointed star. Now, the strongest version that I have ever seen of it was a five pointed star radiating rainbow colors because they know that Lucifer is the god of the rainbow, as they put it. And if you'll read Ezekiel 28 you'll find out he does kind of radiate like a rainbow, he's covered with different colored gills and so on. And this thing they'll have Sunaco with the arrow through it because that's the sign of casting spells, the arrow. They use 76 because May 1st, 1776 is the birthday of the Illuminati. They use the sign of what witches practice in, the magic circle. When they write Mobil, they write everything in blue but they leave the circle in red. Most people don't even notice that. But there's a difference. The winged horse in Marathon, Pegasus, is the messenger of the gods. It goes on and on. Holiday Inn is the star with the rainbow. You just go on and on. The age old path of what a witch must pass to become a powerful witch is the symbol of Denny's. That's owned by them.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
please seek medication.

TiTanUp

TiTanUp

Awards
  • Established
Can someone type a brief that other users can copy and paste, for us that are not as good at words and may not do the justice of the letter to the rep. If I had better understanding and knowledge how to word I would love to send a letter. I am sure there are others that might send it as well, as they may feel the same way as me.

Thank you

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed.
This administration/congress is the most power hungry corrupt facsist regime in American history. I dont know why anyone is surprised by anything that has occurred in the past 6 months... he/they did promise "CHANGE"... to me, it is just more of the same and it will only get worse. We are headed to a bad bad place. Look at the media, it is practically state run. With all the big important issues going on in this world and our nation and the impending degradation of our freedoms and liberties, all the media can focus on is Michael Jackson??????? Can anyone say shell game? How about our deficit??? and our national debt??? and our creditors (China, Saudi, etc) not wanting to buy/fund our wreckless debts. Oh, but The Great One wants to issue another stimulus package?? Where is the outrage? Well it seems the mainstream media and the Gov seemingly have a quid pro quo because they are not exposing any of the issues that every American needs to be outraged about. Does anyone know about the Cap-and-Trade bill going to congress right now that just passed the house??? I urge everyone to research this bill and educate yourselves. It will blow your ****ing mind! Your politicians dont care about you or the good of your republic. Can you say TAXES???... but he promised tax reductions for 95% of America... that's impossible! He cant be a liar, he's got such a great smile and he is such a well spoken telepromptor reader... I wonder how all his supporters will revere him in 18 months after things have gotten much much worse?? They will probably still be buying his sales pitch and eating out of his palm and he will probably still be blaming Bush. HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS, YOU AINT SEEN NOTHING YET
What is the quintessence of your message?

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Ubiyca

Ubiyca

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the same occultist that wrote his stories through comic books and known as the University of South Carolina rapist? hmmmm.....

Jack Chick created a comic book, "The Broken Cross," based on Todd's allegations that Satanists were taking over America.

They claimed he raped 80 to 100 women! It's all BULLSH..

Todd's stories about the Illuminati were published as the comic book The Illuminati and Witchcraft in 1980 by Jacob Sailor. His claims partially became the basis for a different book, Witchcraft and the Illuminati published in the early 1980s by The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord, a Christian Identity group, and reprinted in 1999 by the Christian Patriot Association (ISBN 0-944379-18-4). This book repeated many of Todd's claims verbatim, including the alleged power structure of the Illuminati and the bit about Atlas Shrugged being the Illuminati's secret blueprint, but added Identity beliefs derogatory toward Jews and African-Americans on top of those.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
It is an Illuminati book...
That is the dumbest thing I ever heard.

:wtf1::bsflag::smokin::fool2: :stooges:

Serious.

If a person knows ANYTHING about objectivism they know that it shares very little, if anything, in common with Illuminati. If anything she would be anti-Illuminati.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. :nono:

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Anyone who doesn't believe in the Illuminati unwittingly are working to further them.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
please seek medication.
The beauty of the book is that you can match so many of the characters with actual people in the current administration. It gives me shivers!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The beauty of the book is that you can match so many of the characters with actual people in the current administration. It gives me shivers!
Archetypes never change.

It's also funny looking at The Fountainhead, and the surfing the entire realm of channels to find that art has, indeed, been destroyed. The ugly and stupid is proclaimed genius - or at least given the rewards and recognition previously reserved for genius.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Got a reply:

Dear Mr.:

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts concerning H.R. 2749 and intensive domestic farming practices. It is good to hear from you.

H.R. 2749, the "Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009," was amended and approved by the House Energy and Commerce Committee on June 17, 2009. H.R. 2749 would give the FDA new authority to create robust food safety standards, to establish rules for enhancing traceability, to increase inspections at high-risk facilities, to mandate food product recalls, and to enforce new penalties for violations of federal food safety requirements.

I have co-sponsored a comprehensive bipartisan bill in the Senate that would amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to enhance current FDA authority to better protect our nation's food supply. S. 510, the "FDA Food Safety Modernization Act," calls for an increase in the frequency of FDA inspections at all food facilities, grants the FDA expanded access to records and testing results, and allows the FDA the authority to order mandatory recalls should a private entity fail to do so voluntarily upon the FDA's request. S. 510 also requires the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) to establish a pilot project to test and evaluate new methods for rapidly and effectively tracing fruits and vegetables in the event of a food-borne illness outbreak. While S. 510 encourages coordination with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and requires coordination with state agricultural agencies when enforcing standards, our approach in the Senate bill is not nearly as prescriptive as the Dingell Bill.

I believe it is vital to ensure that the Humane Methods of Slaughter Act effectively and efficiently mandates the proper care and handling of farm production animals. Enforced by the Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS) of the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), this act governs the humane slaughter and handling of livestock at packing plants. Also, under the so-called Twenty-Eight Hour Law, commercial carriers may not confine animals in a vehicle or vessel for more than 28 consecutive hours without unloading the animals for feeding, water, and rest.

Although some have asserted that today's intensive farming systems perpetuate standard practices that are harmful to the well being of livestock, no one understands the importance of humane handling and welfare of livestock than America's farmers and ranchers. Many producers have expressed concern that efforts by poorly informed critics could lead to costly and counterproductive regulations harmful to their industry and the animals alike. Agricultural, food processing, and a number of animal science groups have argued that support for science, education, and voluntary guidelines are more effective ways of assuring animal welfare.

As Ranking Member on the Senate Committee of Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry, I have a vested interest in ensuring the well-being of animals, as well as the safety of the food supply. Like you, I too, want to see animals treated humanely. Should any legislation pertaining to this matter come before the Senate, I will be sure to keep your views in mind.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact me. If I can ever be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to let me know.

err. is it just me or is there no mention of supplements?..... side stepping of an issue anyone?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Got a reply:

Dear Mr.:

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts concerning H.R. 2749 and intensive domestic farming practices. It is good to hear from you.

H.R. 2749, the "Food Safety Enhancement Act of 2009," was amended and approved by the House Energy and Commerce Committee on June 17, 2009. H.R. 2749 would give the FDA new authority to create robust food safety standards, to establish rules for enhancing traceability, to increase inspections at high-risk facilities, to mandate food product recalls, and to enforce new penalties for violations of federal food safety requirements.

I have co-sponsored a comprehensive bipartisan bill in the Senate that would amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to enhance current FDA authority to better protect our nation's food supply. S. 510, the "FDA Food Safety Modernization Act," calls for an increase in the frequency of FDA inspections at all food facilities, grants the FDA expanded access to records and testing results, and allows the FDA the authority to order mandatory recalls should a private entity fail to do so voluntarily upon the FDA's request. S. 510 also requires the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) to establish a pilot project to test and evaluate new methods for rapidly and effectively tracing fruits and vegetables in the event of a food-borne illness outbreak. While S. 510 encourages coordination with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and requires coordination with state agricultural agencies when enforcing standards, our approach in the Senate bill is not nearly as prescriptive as the Dingell Bill.

I believe it is vital to ensure that the Humane Methods of Slaughter Act effectively and efficiently mandates the proper care and handling of farm production animals. Enforced by the Food Safety Inspection Service (FSIS) of the US Department of Agriculture (USDA), this act governs the humane slaughter and handling of livestock at packing plants. Also, under the so-called Twenty-Eight Hour Law, commercial carriers may not confine animals in a vehicle or vessel for more than 28 consecutive hours without unloading the animals for feeding, water, and rest.

Although some have asserted that today's intensive farming systems perpetuate standard practices that are harmful to the well being of livestock, no one understands the importance of humane handling and welfare of livestock than America's farmers and ranchers. Many producers have expressed concern that efforts by poorly informed critics could lead to costly and counterproductive regulations harmful to their industry and the animals alike. Agricultural, food processing, and a number of animal science groups have argued that support for science, education, and voluntary guidelines are more effective ways of assuring animal welfare.

As Ranking Member on the Senate Committee of Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry, I have a vested interest in ensuring the well-being of animals, as well as the safety of the food supply. Like you, I too, want to see animals treated humanely. Should any legislation pertaining to this matter come before the Senate, I will be sure to keep your views in mind.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact me. If I can ever be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to let me know.

err. is it just me or is there no mention of supplements?..... side stepping of an issue anyone?
Jesus **** on a goddamn flaming llama - are these guys all complete idiots? This is number 3 that totally misses the point.

"Dear Congressman,

You are all inept, corrupt, powerhungry idiots. WE OPPOSE ANY EXPANSION OF FDA POWER, INCLUDING THESE BS "FEEL-GOOD" MEASURES WHICH WILL DO NOTHING BUT FURTHER CRIPPLE AN ALREADY DOOMED ECONOMY. KNOCK IT OFF NOW, OR WE WILL FORCIBLY REMOVE YOU FROM POWER."

LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established
Make that 4, but I'm sure Teddy didn't actually have anything to do with it.

Dear Mr Blah Blah Blah

Thank you for your letter on recent safety recalls of tainted food and consumer goods. I share your concerns and I appreciate this opportunity to respond.

It is the responsibility of the Food and Drug Administration to inspect and safeguard the nation's food supply, in order to prevent outbreaks of food-based illnesses and contain such outbreaks when they do occur.

To help the FDA accomplish these goals, the Senate has passed several measures to reinforce and improve the FDA, and I am proud to have been a sponsor of the FDA Revitalization Act, which strengthens the FDA's ability to inspect food and expand its notification process so that the public can learn sooner about outbreaks and recalls sooner.

Our people expect and deserve that their food supply and consumer products are safe. I strongly support the agencies responsible for inspecting food and goods, and when necessary, and I'm doing all I can to see that they have the authority and support they need to protect the American public.

Thank you for contacting me on this important subject.

Sincerely,
Edward M. Kennedy

Stupid azzhole.

lbond2

lbond2

Awards
The FDA Dont know **** about no Mother Fu**in suplements....Damn Government.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The FDA Dont know **** about no Mother Fu**in suplements....Damn Government.
Quite eloquent...you should print that and mail it.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Four replies in a row, and all of them asinine garbage. This is becoming a bit ridiculous.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote