Breakfast ideas

em120690

Awards
My everyday breakfast has been two eggs, one piece of american chesse, one piece of ham all on a bagel. I also take one scoop of whey with milk. I am concerned though about my cholestroel from the eggs. I have had high cholestroel in the past and am trying to find a subsituite for the eggs. I know I can take egg whites but I just want to see what else there is.

AnnesBollocks

Awards
Pancakes

When your everyday oatmeal breakfast becomes boring, mix it up with these excellent pancakes! They are packed with the nutrition of a bowl of Clean oatmeal and more!

Ingredients

• 2½ cups / 600 ml dry rolled oats
• 6 egg whites
• 1 cup / 240 ml low-fat milk of your choice
• 1 Tbsp / 15 ml ground flaxseed
• 1 Tbsp / 15 ml safflower oil
• 1 tsp / 5 ml baking powder
• 1 tsp / 5ml vanilla
• 1 tsp / 5ml cinnamon
• Cooking spray

Preparation

• Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend the mixture for 20 seconds. The resulting mixture should be smooth. Spray a griddle or skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of pancake mixture on the hot surface. Cook until the panckes are dry and bubbly on the edges. Bubbles should appear on top, as well. Turn and brown the other side.
  • Try using unsweetened applesauce or mixed fruit to top your pancakes.
Nutrients per Serving (3 small pancakes):
Calories: 274
Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Carbs: 38 g
Protein: 16 g
Fiber: 6 g
Sodium: 117 mg

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
The pancake idea above is great idea and do a similar thing, but if your just worried about eggs and not do egg whites, then have you ever used egg beaters?

Drock1234

Awards
Egg cholesterol has been studied to have a lowering effect but egg beaters are a better tasting substitute than egg whites. I'd remove the cheese and replace it with avocado before I would replace whole eggs. And whole wheat/multi-grain bagel over plain ftw.

Or ditch the bagel and replace it with oatmeal + eggs ham and cheese seperatly. Oatmeal is supposed to reduce cholesterol as well.

TurnKey

TurnKey

Awards
Glass of water is the first thing that enters my body each day. Then breakfast of course. For me it's usually couple scoops of rice protein with oatmeal or cereal. Oh yeah and coffee, definitly coffee.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
My typical breakfast is 3 eggs, 3 slices of bacon (streaky or shoulder), 2 glasses of lactose free whole milk and a glass of OJ. Usually i'll make an omelette with veges and the bacon if time allows for it.

RockNRollaX

Awards
The eggs are literally the least harmful part of your breakfast :)

GeraldNY181

GeraldNY181

Awards
ham is probably worse for you then the egg yolks...likely processed and full of sodium.

madds87

madds87

Awards
  • Established
ham is probably worse for you then the egg yolks...likely processed and full of sodium.
No.... get a porkchop, And yolks are not bad for you, in moderation. If ur going for ham buy a big ham still on the bone cook it and freeze the leftovers... you have ham for bfast, and you can even fry it with some eevo. Pork chops are lean and clean now also...

Rose Tylor

Awards
I like this thread because it is about breakfast. All ideas are great. According to me breakfast is the most important meal of the day and we should eat healthy food in breakfast to get energy.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
3 dunkin chocolate frosted donuts, xl mocha coffee. 1090 cals, ton of carbs and sugar, little to no protein. delicious!