Breakfast bake

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After all these years I have decided to give a breakfast bake a shot. Long term love hate relationship with eggs so want to do something different than scrambled or over easy.
Tried basic one with pancake mix, blueberries and oat milk. 2:1 carb to protein ratio. 44g of protein from my math.
The taste was disgusting I threw it away. Just taste like eggs with blueberries in it.

Does anyone have other suggestions. I would imagine if I added more pancake mix it would help but then we are talking 1000+ calories a meal and ton of carbs.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
After all these years I have decided to give a breakfast bake a shot. Long term love hate relationship with eggs so want to do something different than scrambled or over easy.
Tried basic one with pancake mix, blueberries and oat milk. 2:1 carb to protein ratio. 44g of protein from my math.
The taste was disgusting I threw it away. Just taste like eggs with blueberries in it.

Does anyone have other suggestions. I would imagine if I added more pancake mix it would help but then we are talking 1000+ calories a meal and ton of carbs.
Not a breakfast bake, but blend up 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup oats and 2 eggs, and cook like pancakes. Delicious.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We make them weekly and it is pretty basic but always great.

12-16 eggs
bag of hash browns
meat of choice- sausage and ham are always good
bell peppers
chopped onions
green chiles
chopped spinach
shredded cheddar cheese

Mix it all up and put into a big casserole dish, bake until middle is done. Serve it alone or with salsa or hot sauce.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I was going to say I wouldn't opt for a fruit one, and if I did I would use more egg whites than whole eggs. Savory is the way to go.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

12-16 eggs
bag of hash browns
bell peppers
chopped onions
green chiles
chopped spinach
shredded cheddar cheese

Mix it all up and put into a big casserole dish, bake until middle is done. Serve it alone or with salsa or hot sauce.
Sounds delicious.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
One of my favorites is ranchero eggs - you can add and build into the base recipe with extra proteins, and veggies, but it is basically eggs, tortillas and pico de gallo. I like to add some extra jalapenos, and taco flavored 93/7 ground turkey in there too. Cheese is great if you have room for the fats.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^^ yep. Another morning staple is something similar. I mix a big batch of eggs, ground chicken, salsa/pico, and cut up potatoes. Just scoop it and top it however you want. We always have a batch of my green chili frozen around so that is a great topper.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Don't judge me but back in my competing days when we were all on paleo kicks this girl had a LOT of great recipes to get creative.

but to be honest most of the time I truly don't care and I could be just as happy drinking egg whites from the carton.

12-16 eggs
bag of hash browns
bell peppers
chopped onions
green chiles
chopped spinach
shredded cheddar cheese

Yup I love that type of dish. when I'm lazy I'll take two cartons of egg whites, pour them into a cake pan then just grab whatever the hell I want from the fridge to mix in:

spinach, onions, zuchini, salt, pepper, garlic... just any filler at all.
bake in the oven for a half hour or so.
remove and cut into brownie sizes then take to work in a giant tuperware and I have protein bites all day every day at work around meals.

lamarclark09

Awards
Okay so I stumbled upon this thread a few days back and then I tried this recipe. I have to say it was so delicious and amazing. I still can’t get over the fact of how tasty it was.

12-16 eggs
bag of hash browns
bell peppers
chopped onions
green chiles
chopped spinach
shredded cheddar cheese

Okay so I stumbled upon this thread a few days back and then I tried this recipe. I have to say it was so delicious and amazing. I still can’t get over the fact of how tasty it was.