Brandon Vera vs Tim Sylvia at UFC 77

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
Nice! Finally we get to see Vera against someone that could give hime some troubble. I def see TS comming back really pissed off, looking to make a statment.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking forward to this one. I don't think it is a given that Vera will win. He would have had a much easier time if he had been able to negotiate the contract back when he had a chance to fight Tim for the title. I think Tim will come back pissed. If not, it may be the last we see of him.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hate to say it, but I am taking Sylvia. I don't think that Vera will be able to overcome the reach and size/strength disadvantage.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is the fight that was supposed to happen at UFC 68.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
Tim will out-athlete him. :think:

No, I don't know. It could either way, but I'll take Vera to slowly dismantle Tim with leg kicks.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
I hate to say it, but I am taking Sylvia. I don't think that Vera will be able to overcome the reach and size/strength disadvantage.
I was thinking the same thing. Prob a UD or Spilt. I don't see this being a very excity fight, mark my words.:thumbsup: I hope Vera wins though. I really like his fighting style.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
Tim will out-athlete him.
:rofl: Thank you, i needed that this AM. :)

I think it will be a good fight, mainly cause as i said i see Tim comming out really hungry/pissed off. It will be an interesting match def, and it will be interesting to see how vera deals with the reach more than the size.

If i had to choose, i would go with Vera by UD or maybe a late rd 2 sub.

jas123

jas123

Awards
  • Established
:rofl: Thank you, i needed that this AM. :)

I think it will be a good fight, mainly cause as i said i see Tim comming out really hungry/pissed off. It will be an interesting match def, and it will be interesting to see how vera deals with the reach more than the size.

If i had to choose, i would go with Vera by UD or maybe a late rd 2 sub.
Anytime, bud. I saw that someone mistook you for your Sherk avator. Savage is so jealous.

JZ7757

Awards
  • Established
^Indeed. I was flattered, but you compare me and Sherk and the only things we have in common are we like hitting the weights, have kid(s) and are slightly vertically challenged. :)

Im getting so excited for the ufc 74, mainly for the GSP/Kos fight! :D

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
I'm pulling for Vera on this one.
Maybe we will get lucky and he will retire the Maniac for good.
Hopefully the time off will not hurt him. It should be a great fight.