BPC157 and TB-500 1.5" Needle Depth Question

cwestmac

Awards
Hi everyone,

I've been diagnosed with a form of slipping rib syndrome from receiving heavy knee pressure to my upper right abdomen in a BJJ class (lower right ribs, around ribs 8-9). I've had the injury for over a year as I did not let it heal properly and kept going to class when I thought the injury was healed, when it really was not. The injury seems to be in the costochondral junction (the cartilage that connects the ribs to the sternum) and I only feel pain when I put pressure on the area.

I've started taking BPC157 and TB500 after all other treatment options have failed (Prolo, stretching, strengthening, addressing the back rib hinge to stop the anterior ribs from pulling on the cartilage, rolling my back with a foam roller which are all part of the treatment options for Slipping Rib).

I initially took BPC157 (250mcg subq 2x per day) and TB500 (2mg every 3 days) and noticed zero improvement after a month. I took a break for a while and did Prolo for a while, which seemed to make the symptoms worse.

About one week ago I went back on BPC157 (will be incorporating TB500 back in first, but it seems BPC157 is the miracle here), but this time I am doing IM injections for both as close to the injury site as I can go (see this thread which is the reason I switched to this protocol, and it also talks about the 1.5" needles I am asking about using here: https://anabolicminds.com/community/threads/bpc-157-tb-500-shoulder-injury-healing-log.292178/) . Since it is IM, and injecting the same spot multiple times seems to cause increased pain over time, I am doing 1x per day of BPC157 at 500mcg per day and when I reintroduce TB500 I'll do every 3 days coming BPC157 and TB500 into the same syringe and inject) I am currently using a 1inch needle. For reference I have 11% body fat and I notice the needle penetrating into muscle at around the 0.5" mark (this is just a guess), so the 1inch is going fairly deep into the muscle (I think). I am noticing a fairly significant improvement after only a week, and I plan to continue this protocol for a few more weeks at least.

My question is surrounding the needle depth I can get away with using. As mentioned, I am currently using a 1" needle. I have already proven that getting as close to the injury site helps speed up recovery. And my understanding is my costochondral junctions are deeper than my muscle, so I would like to try to hit that, or at least get a little closer if possible.

I currently have 1.5" needle heads available (25g), and have contemplated using that, but have not been able to find any information about the increased risks of hitting something life threatening (puncturing the bottom part of my right lung's lining, or hitting an artery, etc.). I am pretty sure when I went to my Prolotherapy appointments, they used 1.5" needles (just gauging from what I remember), but what I am looking for is input from anyone who has used a 1.5" needle in their upper right abdomen (lower right ribs). I am happy to post a picture of the exact area later when I get home, if that helps.

I know a common question I will get is "why do you want to do this if the current plan is working?" which my answer is that I am concerned the current protocol will help heal the damage that is closer to the surface, but if I don't go deep enough, I am worried there will be some lingering damage there from the injury which I will re-injure the next time I receive pressure to that area in class. Each time I get injured at this point (because it's chronic), it sets me back at least a couple of months, so I am trying to hit the exact spot of the injury if possible, without risk of hitting any major organs or arteries. I am convinced that these products, at least in the case of my injury, must be injected as close as possible to the injury to benefit me.

Generally, for a person with 11% body fat, how deep are major arteries/organs in the section I am describing? Is there risk of hitting them with a 1.5" needle or does that really only become a major risk with a 2" or more needle? Just looking for input; doctors won't help me with this as BPC157 and TB500 is not mainstream.

I will keep going with my existing 1" needle for now but just curious on what you all think.

Thanks!

Chris

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would recommend you visit a ND because relying on someone's opinion here without actually seeing you, where you want to inject exactly, and even touching you, it could cause some serious harm to you. An ND should be able to help you inject in the proper place.

cwestmac

Awards
I contemplated that but wasn't sure about asking a ND (I assume meaning Naturopath) to show me how to inject BPC157 into my costochondral junctions since BPC157 is not a mainstream product. I actually received my Prolo therapy through an ND, so I do have one in my backpocket. Just wasn't sure if that would be "allowed" or not... asking a ND to help me with this. I suppose I will keep with the 1" injections right now, as I know those are safe for me to do, and if I would like to go deeper, I will ask my ND to help me. Thanks.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I contemplated that but wasn't sure about asking a ND (I assume meaning Naturopath) to show me how to inject BPC157 into my costochondral junctions since BPC157 is not a mainstream product. I actually received my Prolo therapy through an ND, so I do have one in my backpocket. Just wasn't sure if that would be "allowed" or not... asking a ND to help me with this. I suppose I will keep with the 1" injections right now, as I know those are safe for me to do, and if I would like to go deeper, I will ask my ND to help me. Thanks.
There are NDs prescribing BPC157 to their patients. It would not hurt to ask. Especially if you have a good relationship with him/her.