Bowmar protein scam

robshef

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Anyone see this news item! Overpriced Bowmar protein lying about amount per serving

Oh sh!t...I bought quite a few samples of their stuff and a box of bars. Bars were not good. Powders have solid flavoring but not really something I wanted to pull the trigger on for a full tub b/c of price.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yep. I bought a few tubs back then and their pre. Will be interesting to see what happens. If it’s true it’s just another negative mark on the industry as stated above. Smh

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I assume it’s more functional food based and not protein powder based. Sarah produces her products and are used by many of the top brands who are 3rd party tested and have transparent labels.

This is why it makes me wonder what the article is attacking. I would assume the bars and nut butters. Functional foods in general in the industry are not tested but if they were it would be ugly

prime example built bars label states 50g a bar yet many of them weigh 39-75g making the macros very suspicious. Could nearly 99.0% guarantee you this has nothing to do with the powders. Supplement snoop and priceplow both have more insight on their IG stories.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I assume it’s more functional food based and not protein powder based. Sarah produces her products and are used by many of the top brands who are 3rd party tested and have transparent labels.

This is why it makes me wonder what the article is attacking. I would assume the bars and nut butters. Functional foods in general in the industry are not tested but if they were it would be ugly

prime example built bars label states 50g a bar yet many of them weigh 39-75g making the macros very suspicious. Could nearly 99.0% guarantee you this has nothing to do with the powders. Supplement snoop and priceplow both have more insight on their IG stories.
It says in the article protein powders had the lowest shortfall, 60% below label claims

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Never a dull moment

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It says in the article protein powders had the lowest shortfall, 60% below label claims
Correct,
but if you knew what companies manufactured out of the SAME place, yet all of them test out with 3rd party tests as accurate if not above what is listed on the label.

This applies to the bigger brands out there that have these tests you can see on their main webpage and even insert your lot number to verify it. If this was the case for just Bowmar, it doesn't add up. Again for the functional foods, it makes a little more sense, for the protein not so much. I can almost bet it is some of the protein a majority of the users on here use on a day-to-day basis yet it checks out perfectly fine.

The article would be A LOT more helpful if they actually "Showed" the test.
Just wait to see the end verdict and I bet we will see a majority of it is from the bars, frosting, and nut butters and not the protein.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Correct,
but if you knew what companies manufactured out of the SAME place, yet all of them test out with 3rd party tests as accurate if not above what is listed on the label.

This applies to the bigger brands out there that have these tests you can see on their main webpage and even insert your lot number to verify it. If this was the case for just Bowmar, it doesn't add up. Again for the functional foods, it makes a little more sense, for the protein not so much. I can almost bet it is some of the protein a majority of the users on here use on a day-to-day basis yet it checks out perfectly fine.

The article would be A LOT more helpful if they actually "Showed" the test.
Just wait to see the end verdict and I bet we will see a majority of it is from the bars, frosting, and nut butters and not the protein.
Regardless, it is going to be a black eye for the company.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Regardless, it is going to be a black eye for the company.
Sarah already has a massive hate crew, there is no surprise there.
An article is simply an article. There is 0 proof without any kind of documentation. Once I see a paper and claims to back what is in the article then I will get a bit worried.

Until then I bet the functional foods are the biggest culprit and the powders not so much. Given some of the top names manufacturers from the same facility, transparent labels, and have 3rd party tests to back their products. Some of those tests actually go right at or above what is on the label.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well if it doesn’t meet label claims I want to be part of the class action because I know I spent a couple hundred probably. I hope it all pans out because I like the company and they seem like good people. That being said, companies who do this stuff need accountability

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sarah already has a massive hate crew, there is no surprise there.
An article is simply an article. There is 0 proof without any kind of documentation. Once I see a paper and claims to back what is in the article then I will get a bit worried.

Until then I bet the functional foods are the biggest culprit and the powders not so much. Given some of the top names manufacturers from the same facility, transparent labels, and have 3rd party tests to back their products. Some of those tests actually go right at or above what is on the label.
Ive never heard of bowmar or funtional foods, i imagine either the proof will be produced or it will come to nought.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ive never heard of bowmar or funtional foods, i imagine either the proof will be produced or it will come to nought.
Functional foods —-

Protein bars
Protein snacks
Protein jerky
Protein chips
Protein nut butters

etc

Darkhorse192

Darkhorse192

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know Josh personally, and consider him a friend. This is not the kind of person he is, however, I know nothing of his business practices so I'm not defending the company in that regard. I am just saying sometimes when you hear something about someone and you think wow that is totally not who they are at all...this is one of those times.

With that said, speaking from a consumer standpoint. I have used their protein, it definitely does not taste like something that was loaded with any extra fat or carbs. I realize it is hard to gauge off-taste alone, but I have had a **** load of whey in my day, and it is obvious with brands with higher fat and carb content in their servings because you can taste it. Bowmar's whey is just not good enough to not be only protein lol.

Perhaps it is their other products like Bob said, it is a lot easier for macro profiles to be off on things like bars and butters.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Its like anything, you have lovers and haters of any brand. Personally have never tried anything from them, can't justify paying $35 for 1 lb protein blend based on "tastes great".

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Its like anything, you have lovers and haters of any brand. Personally have never tried anything from them, can't justify paying $35 for 1 lb protein blend based on "tastes great".
Totally agree and I don't wanna pay more than $20 for a 2lb tub of protein and I don't care
what kind of fancy flavor it is. This is why I always keep my eyes open for crazy deals when
supplements are either getting a new label or being discontinued an they are priced to move
and I stock up. I know people say you get what you pay for but look at this protein and it's a
premium price and now they are having issues with what's really in the product so how many
more OVERPRICED brands out there are doing the same ? :confused: