BoneDaddy Comes Back Like a Finaflex FREAK! (1-Alpha/Ignite2/PCT)

BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
aye - what i like to tell ppl:
you dint get that way overnight, ain't gonna change it overnight either
(captain obvious i am sometimes)

consistency and dedication my friend..you'll get there, be patient and a machine in your determination! :hammer:
You're absolutely right! Thanks!

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed! I'm back on fo sho! I hit the gym still last week, not as often as I should have though. I was just in a really weird, kind of dark place last week. You know, giving up something you've basically given your life to and then not doing it anymore, just walking away is......I dunno, I can't find the right adjective. There's an empty place....it's weird. I guess I spent last week trying to fill it some. It was cool to have all that time with the wife though, some of it felt like a vacation. Anyways....I dusted myself off and I got back on. Yesterday felt good, looking forward to today's workout. I will absolutely see this through, even if it takes years to get where I want to be.
Hope everything works out for you bro. Things have a weird way of working out oddly enough.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
aye - what i like to tell ppl:
you dint get that way overnight, ain't gonna change it overnight either
(captain obvious i am sometimes)

consistency and dedication my friend..you'll get there, be patient and a machine in your determination! :hammer:
This made me feel a lot better about myself lol. Easy to get impatient and want to switch diet/routine too fast before seeing the results thru. Every time I start gaining I start to add fat and I want to adjust my diet to recomp mode - but the truth is I need to just cover up, grow, tell my gf sry she has to see this, and have the dedication to diet it off after.

BoneDaddy

BoneDaddy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Somebody's getting jealous ;)
It's a character flaw.....:yup:

This made me feel a lot better about myself lol. Easy to get impatient and want to switch diet/routine too fast before seeing the results thru. Every time I start gaining I start to add fat and I want to adjust my diet to recomp mode - but the truth is I need to just cover up, grow, tell my gf sry she has to see this, and have the dedication to diet it off after.
Exactly how I feel!! I keep telling myself patience and 1 step at a time........

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Exactly how I feel!! I keep telling myself patience and 1 step at a time........
One pound at a time! Either to put on or take off! Health and long life!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have made a lot of runs at getting lean. Staying that way used to be my biggest problem. With each run I get better and leaner. This time I seem to be going all the way.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Slow and steady is the name of the game in this hobby/sport.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hyde,

I would work on cutting all the way up first then start building muscle without allowing extra fat. Pick a body fat that is as far out of shape as you will go and don't cross that line. Best case is between 8-12%, and really anything over say 10% is not needed and you aren't growing muscle any faster by eating enough to gain fat. You can only gain so much muscle at a time the extra goes to fat. You just have to figure out where that magic line is between being supremely anabolic and being excessive with your intake. Trust me you would be way happier being 10% and gaining 5 lbs a year while staying 10% than gaining 15 lbs and only 5 of it being muscle then trying to drop down to get lean again.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
i'm really not trying to be cocky or rude here, and i am not criticizing don't take me wrongly, but -
and this is why i will NEVER bulk up in that fashion
i strongly hold the opinion there are MUCH better ways to add muscle - and you get the added bonus of LOOKING like you live the lifestyle, and feeling good about yourself and your shape as well

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've never been lower than 15% I'm sure. I'd guess closer to 20 now but I really have no clue; you guys have seen a couple pics so maybe you could comment?

I'd like to make an effort to shave some fat off at some point, sooner rather than later. I just feel like I need to hit a couple more big numbers before I cut down, then I'd like to get more serious with it. I don't really wanna be one of those fat strong guys. Stan Efferding isn't.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
yeah i think you've got the # right, somewhere in that area..you've got one of those deceptive bodies that's hard to tell from pic, and i haven't seen your legs so..but you have veins showing! :D

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've never been lower than 15% I'm sure. I'd guess closer to 20 now but I really have no clue; you guys have seen a couple pics so maybe you could comment?

I'd like to make an effort to shave some fat off at some point, sooner rather than later. I just feel like I need to hit a couple more big numbers before I cut down, then I'd like to get more serious with it. I don't really wanna be one of those fat strong guys. Stan Efferding isn't.
If done slow and steady strength loss shouldnt be an issue until you get pretty far into your cut. Ive never been lower than 9.5 but im on my way to blowing that out of the water.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
If done slow and steady strength loss shouldnt be an issue until you get pretty far into your cut.
exactly, boom
dunno why ppl think they gotta be eating crazy excess cals (or crap cals) in order to be strong..
i live under 10% bf, and strength - while no strongman comps for me or anything - is just fine

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
My biggest thing about cutting was that I always thought running on a cal deficit would lead to massive strength and conditioning losses. After doing a cut on 1650-1800 cals a day with low carb and low fat for 4 weeks I found that my strength really didn't go away much if at all. And my conditioning was actually better as I introduced more and more cardio. Misconceptions thrown out the door. I'm starting to realize that a lot of what is passed around as "common training principals" are really only theories, and theories that aren't always true

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree any big drop in strength would probably mean you are eating way to little. I used to do that roller coaster thing, drive you nuggin futs...

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established