Bodyfat coming off too quick while cutting?

eGhost

Awards
This is my first ever cutting phase. I am now in my second week of cutting and just took my measurements tonight. I use the same digital caliper and take my measurements in the same spots. I also use a program tracker on my computer to input the results. I use the Parillo 9 site method as stated on the software.

My last measurement was 9 days ago and came in at 14.32%. My measurements tonight came in at 11.69%!!! My weight has not changed and my software also says because of that I have gained 3.48 pounds of muscle. Maybe this is normal but somehow I don't think so. If I can drop over 2.5% of bodyfat in only 9 days then I would think I'm a freak of nature.

I just came off of a bulking diet consisting of eating 20 times my bodyweight in calories on a 30p/40c/30f diet. I trained 3 times per week with no cardio. On my cutting diet I switched to eating 15 times my bodyweight in calories on a 40p/30c/30f diet. My training consists of 3 days lifting weights and 3 days doing cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. I run on my treadmill at a moderate pace for 15 minutes. To further my info, I am an ectomorph with a fast metabolism. I am 5' 11" tall and weigh 170lbs.

Is losing that amount of fat in 9 days normal? Am I a freak of nature? Is this a fluke? Is this normal?

Thanks,
eGhost.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No need to fix something that isn't brokededed

eGhost

Awards
I heard that! I couldn't be more excited at this point. I just want to know if losing that much in 9 days is normal?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Problem with calipers is that it's easy to get different readings if you're not paying attention to all the variables when doing each measurement. i.e., amount you are holding in or out the stomach.

Did you take tape measurements too as a back up source of data?

eGhost

Awards
Problem with calipers is that it's easy to get different readings if you're not paying attention to all the variables when doing each measurement. i.e., amount you are holding in or out the stomach.

Did you take tape measurements too as a back up source of data?
Yes I took tape measurements and will list the differences below. I also take my measurements 3 times in each location to verify the reading is accurate with the caliper. It's the best thing you can do to try and achieve a consistant reading in my opinion.

These results are 9 days apart.
Chest +1"
Waist -1"
Hips -.5"
Shoulders +.25"
Bicep -.25"
Neck Same
Calf +.25"
Upper Thigh +.5"

Thanks,
eGhost.:woohoo:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
On your new diet are you taking in less sodium?

CROWLER

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
how have your lifts been since your started this (decreasing or increasing)?

eGhost

Awards
On your new diet are you taking in less sodium?

CROWLER
I don't monitor my sodium intake. With that said I haven't made any adjustments to lower or raise it. I would imagine I am taking in a little less due to the lower calories though.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
I am not as strong on this diet as when I was bulking. I kinda expected that though.
The best way to track muscle loss (if you don't have access to calculating your lean body mass accurately and consistently) is to keep a log of the lifts you do. Log how much weight and how many reps you do. You should either stay just as strong or more importantly gain a little strength even while cutting. If not, you might be losing muscle at too fast a rate and even though fat is coming off fast, might want to up the calories a bit and maintain the muscle.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, not normal to drop 3% BF in 9 days cutting naturally. Calipers are a royal PITA though...until you get real good at pinching the exact same amount of skin each time (which takes practice), you'll see wide variances.

Plus, if you went from 14.8 to 11%, you'd be so excited about how much leaner you looked, you'd have mentioned it or posted some pics out of sheer excitement:D

...3.48 pounds of muscle.
That's actually a pretty sizable gain in LBM, and isnt going to happen in 9 days in caloric defecit - even if you're 'enhanced'.

Good luck on the cutting though bro! Looks like you got everything down, Im sure you'll be at 11% before you know it.

BV

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, not normal to drop 3% BF in 9 days cutting naturally. Calipers are a royal PITA though...until you get real good at pinching the exact same amount of skin each time (which takes practice), you'll see wide variances.

Plus, if you went from 14.8 to 11%, you'd be so excited about how much leaner you looked, you'd have mentioned it or posted some pics out of sheer excitement:D

That's actually a pretty sizable gain in LBM, and isnt going to happen in 9 days in caloric defecit - even if you're 'enhanced'.

Good luck on the cutting though bro! Looks like you got everything down, Im sure you'll be at 11% before you know it.

BV
GEEEEZ BV you big killjoy!! haha just kidding, I was mentioning the same thing.

eGhost

Awards
Thanks for the reply's. I can see that I am leaner, my pants even fit much better. I will continue to monitor my levels and keep you updated.

Thanks Again,
eGhost.