Body Fat Estimate and Diet Help

python93

python93

Awards
Watsup guys! So basically I've been cutting for the last month and a half and want to get to about 10% or below body fat.
My start weight was 195 lbs, I am now 179 lbs. My stats are 20 yrs old, 5' 7'' 2200 calories 192p/165c(20+g fiber)/85f, follow a 5 day training split and follow iifym. I've been losing weight pretty good but now I believe I've hit a plateu for the past week. I'm not sure if I should continue to drop my carbs or if I should drop the fats instead? I'm getting kind of doubtful if I should keep cutting because I feel I'm looking skinny fat lol although I know I should continue to cut no matter what. I know I should focus more on my image than the actual scale. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated as to what I should continue to do/or not to do to keep losing weight. Oh, also I would really appreciate if you guys can give me an estimate of my bodyfat and around how much longer (time & weight) till I can get to around 10% bodyfat. Thanks!
http://imgur.com/GuLiNQ1
http://imgur.com/VLdRl7n
http://imgur.com/WRwmNs4
http://imgur.com/rvRejl8

tylershields

tylershields

Awards
Your intake at 2200 seams ideal. You can try to swap some carbs for good fats and see how your body reacts. Remember timing consistency and types of calories are just as important, as well as your everyday lifestyle. Also take a step back and evaluate your training. How's the overall intensity? Are your lifts boosting metabolism?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I would opt for an increase in protein and decrease in carbs with a timed carb approach

python93

python93

Awards
Your intake at 2200 seams ideal. You can try to swap some carbs for good fats and see how your body reacts. Remember timing consistency and types of calories are just as important, as well as your everyday lifestyle. Also take a step back and evaluate your training. How's the overall intensity? Are your lifts boosting metabolism?
I usually work 2 body parts per day. For example if I'm doing chest and biceps for the day, I do 1 chest set and then go automatically for a bicep set afterwards. I do this for 4 sets each and 4 different excersizes for each body part. So I would say the intensity is there but I don't know if it's boosting my metabolism or not and have not a clue how to figure that out. What I can say is that when I was bulking I would get really hungry right after a workout but right now that I'm cutting I don't seem to get hungry after working out (usually finish around 10 or 11 pm) but I still eat nonetheless (Usually have my largest meal around this time)

tylershields

tylershields

Awards
I usually work 2 body parts per day. For example if I'm doing chest and biceps for the day, I do 1 chest set and then go automatically for a bicep set afterwards. I do this for 4 sets each and 4 different excersizes for each body part. So I would say the intensity is there but I don't know if it's boosting my metabolism or not and have not a clue how to figure that out. What I can say is that when I was bulking I would get really hungry right after a workout but right now that I'm cutting I don't seem to get hungry after working out (usually finish around 10 or 11 pm) but I still eat nonetheless (Usually have my largest meal around this time)
When I say intensity and metabolic think of your heart rate. After each set you should be gasping for breath. Remember your trying to cut not work on accessory muscles/ lifts. Multijoint exercises should take up majority of your training session. Squats. Dead lifts, clean and press, high pulls. For these use a weight you can bang out 8 -10 reps but to where you want to quit on the last rep. Just don't sacrifice your form for a higher weight,

And now that I think about it hvac is right. Drop your carbs and up the protein. I like a ratio of 40p/30c/30f for cutting. But something different might work better for you, test it out. And if your lifting before bed I would save your biggest meal for the following morning. Get at least 50g high glycemic carbs immediately after workout and 30g of protein.

python93

python93

Awards
When I say intensity and metabolic think of your heart rate. After each set you should be gasping for breath. Remember your trying to cut not work on accessory muscles/ lifts. Multijoint exercises should take up majority of your training session. Squats. Dead lifts, clean and press, high pulls. For these use a weight you can bang out 8 -10 reps but to where you want to quit on the last rep. Just don't sacrifice your form for a higher weight,

And now that I think about it hvac is right. Drop your carbs and up the protein. I like a ratio of 40p/30c/30f for cutting. But something different might work better for you, test it out. And if your lifting before bed I would save your biggest meal for the following morning. Get at least 50g high glycemic carbs immediately after workout and 30g of protein.
So I've usually had the mentality of following iifym and would generally think that it doesnt matter when and what type of food you eat as long as you hit your macros. But what you say makes sense and Im definitely gonna try it I would just like some insight of why I shouldn't think the way I do. Ive never thought of having my biggest meal for breakfast as I'm usually struggling to even be early for school but I'm gonna try it that makes perfect sense. Also no one has answered my question about my body fat estimate lol

python93

python93

Awards
OK last time I bump.. Should I include refeed days in my diet? If so how often and how many carbs more?

David147

Awards
I actually had the same question for a long time because I was building muscle, but because I had fat over my muscle I still looked a little chunky. What you eat is very important, and if you are taking in the right types of food and protein then you can gain muscle and decrease body fat percentage without having to eat a lot of meals throughout the day. The key is to know what to eat, because, as one of the other answers mentions, there is a such thing as good fats and bad ones. Try to eat lean meat, veggies, avocados, certain types of nuts, and also foods that increase metabolism such as spicy peppers & green tea. Carbs matter as well. Bad carbs turn into sugar, and combining carbs with protein is not recommended because your body digests these two types of food at different rates, which leads to bloating and weight gain. Hope this helps!

jaces

jaces

Awards
I actually had the same question for a long time because I was building muscle, but because I had fat over my muscle I still looked a little chunky. What you eat is very important, and if you are taking in the right types of food and protein then you can gain muscle and decrease body fat percentage without having to eat a lot of meals throughout the day. The key is to know what to eat, because, as one of the other answers mentions, there is a such thing as good fats and bad ones. Try to eat lean meat, veggies, avocados, certain types of nuts, and also foods that increase metabolism such as spicy peppers & green tea. Carbs matter as well. Bad carbs turn into sugar, and combining carbs with protein is not recommended because your body digests these two types of food at different rates, which leads to bloating and weight gain. Hope this helps!
just no... you have no understanding of nutrition or metabolism

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Bad fats=trans fats

And bad carbs? Whatchu talkin bout.

"Combining carbs and protein is not recommended because your body digest at different rates"

Explain.

jaces

jaces

Awards
Bad fats=trans fats

And bad carbs? Whatchu talkin bout.

"Combining carbs and protein is not recommended because your body digest at different rates"

Explain.
yeah no i think hes confused about this.. and its actualy recomended to mix them to lower gi of carbs

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
All carbs turn into glucose (sugar) not just these "bad ones"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss 5
Weight Loss 8
GrizzleB Weight Loss 43
Bigmatt57 Weight Loss 0
NattyBeast Weight Loss 9