Body composition before cycle

Clysdale2001

Clysdale2001

Awards
Hey guys, I’m 6 weeks out from my first test C cycle and been bulking for a bit, what’s your opinions on body composition before cycle? Bulked or lean? I’m currently 15.8% body fat , should I start leaning up and knock the calorie surplus back a bit to maintenance levels or keep bulking through my cycle and cut hard after cycle? Thanks

Humbl3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It Helps to know your full stats not just your BF

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A legit 15 percent is not a bad place to be but I wouldn’t go any higher then that. I’d just recomp.

Clysdale2001

Clysdale2001

Awards
Thanks, I’ll revamp this diet a bit and start adding a bit more cardio, on a second note I’ve got my pct lined up with nolvadex and armadex, the armadex is for any signs of gyno on cycle, but I’m reading that some guys use it daily as part of there pct, any thoughts on this ?

Clysdale2001

Clysdale2001

Awards
It Helps to know your full stats not just your BF
40, 182 lbs, 5,9, been training for about 4 years, current diet is 3200 calories and 200 protein , goal is more mass, just wondering wether I’ll get more out of this cycle by staying in a calorie surplus or if I should be in a cutting routine with diet

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'd drop to a sight calorie deficit going into the cycle. I have been cutting for eight weeks (1,500 calories/day 200g protein) and just started my cycle today. It feels good to eat like a king again! I was able to shave my body fat from 16.4% to 12.8% and I don't really do cardio. I have been taking Cardarine and have lost only 5lbs in that time.

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hey guys, I’m 6 weeks out from my first test C cycle and been bulking for a bit, what’s your opinions on body composition before cycle? Bulked or lean? I’m currently 15.8% body fat , should I start leaning up and knock the calorie surplus back a bit to maintenance levels or keep bulking through my cycle and cut hard after cycle? Thanks
If that picture is current you are at a good spot as far as how lean you are. If you aren’t going to be competing I don’t see a reason for dudes to all out bulk. Cutting on AAS is a great idea. You can go further into a deficit and not lose muscle that you would otherwise lose being natty. Otherwise I would suggest a recomp. You would probably end up LOOKING bigger by recomping than you would by bulking. If you gain a few pounds of muscle while losing a few percent fat you’ll look jacked

Clysdale2001

Clysdale2001

Awards
If that picture is current you are at a good spot as far as how lean you are. If you aren’t going to be competing I don’t see a reason for dudes to all out bulk. Cutting on AAS is a great idea. You can go further into a deficit and not lose muscle that you would otherwise lose being natty. Otherwise I would suggest a recomp. You would probably end up LOOKING bigger by recomping than you would by bulking. If you gain a few pounds of muscle while losing a few percent fat you’ll look jacked
Sounds good, thanks for the advice, I’m not interested in competing, so I’m done my first pin and running about 3200-3500 calories and 200 gm protein , about the only macros I’m really watching

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sounds good, thanks for the advice, I’m not interested in competing, so I’m done my first pin and running about 3200-3500 calories and 200 gm protein , about the only macros I’m really watching
Sounds good bro. If you start to gain fat or get too skinny just adjust fire. What’s your cycle going to consist of?

Clysdale2001

Clysdale2001

Awards

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A bit late but...dont cut/go into a kcal deficit after a cycle.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
K, so roughly what would be a good calorie protocol you’d advise on cycle and after?
I agree with Mike Israetels general recommendation (dunno if youre familiar with him), you prime your body for growth (and reduce bodyfat too) by cutting before a "cycle", go into a kcal surplus during the cycle, then reduce to maintanence kcals post-cycle.

There are exceptions to this, and its by no means a hard and fast rule, but its a damn good approach. It depends on your goals too.

Theres lots more intricacy to it, but the idea behind maintanence post-cycle is that during a bulk you are most likely pushing your body beyond any setpoints (bodyweight, but lean mass specifically); your body has preferred states. So if during a cycle you get to a bodyweight that is greater than any setpoint (which will vary person to person), you need to give your body reasons to stay above that point, or create a new one. How do you do that? Well, exactly the same way you got to that new bodyweight: adequate calories, training stimulus, rest, etc.

If after a cycle/bulk you drop kcals to deficit, you are removing one of the main reasons to force your body to "accept" the new setpoint. You can see clearly how a deficit is probably the worst thing you could do at this time?

Yes, there are exceptions (throw a sh1t tonne of drugs at your body post cycle...but that would hardly be a post cycle).

Clysdale2001

Clysdale2001

Awards
I agree with Mike Israetels general recommendation (dunno if youre familiar with him), you prime your body for growth (and reduce bodyfat too) by cutting before a "cycle", go into a kcal surplus during the cycle, then reduce to maintanence kcals post-cycle.

There are exceptions to this, and its by no means a hard and fast rule, but its a damn good approach. It depends on your goals too.

Theres lots more intricacy to it, but the idea behind maintanence post-cycle is that during a bulk you are most likely pushing your body beyond any setpoints (bodyweight, but lean mass specifically); your body has preferred states. So if during a cycle you get to a bodyweight that is greater than any setpoint (which will vary person to person), you need to give your body reasons to stay above that point, or create a new one. How do you do that? Well, exactly the same way you got to that new bodyweight: adequate calories, training stimulus, rest, etc.

If after a cycle/bulk you drop kcals to deficit, you are removing one of the main reasons to force your body to "accept" the new setpoint. You can see clearly how a deficit is probably the worst thing you could do at this time?

Yes, there are exceptions (throw a sh1t tonne of drugs at your body post cycle...but that would hardly be a post cycle).
Sounds good, I’m well over my body’s current calorie usage and my protein intake is at my goal weight expectation, I’m going to add two days a week of cardio in my routine to keep body fat under control and for lung vascular health , goal is to put more mass on, but trying to keep it some what lean, trying to find a happy medium between full on bulk and straight cardio lean , thanks bro 🤙🏻

Reactions: Nac
Clysdale2001

Clysdale2001

Awards
Sounds good bro. If you start to gain fat or get too skinny just adjust fire. What’s your cycle going to consist of?
400 mg of test C a week into 2 pins Monday and Thursday , I’m done pin 1 and today is gonna be pin 2, Nolvadex for pct and arimidex on hand in case of signs of gyno, gonna incorporate my 2 off days a week into light cardio and stretching and adjust on the go to keep body fat controlled