Bloodwork done, test extremely low (21 years old)

vorcellian

Awards
I've been feeling pretty crappy for the past month (low/no sex drive, inexplicable fat increase over abs, low motivation to do anything, etc), and decided to get bloodwork done. I wanted the results quickly, so I went through LabCorp/WebMD and not through a doctor. Got blood drawn three days ago, and got the results today.

Here are the issues:

Testosterone, Serum: 241 ng/dL (normal range: 249-836)
Luteinizing Hormone, Serum: 1.6 mIU/ml (normal range: 1.7-8.6)

Estradiol got tested too, as did FSH, and both were within range, though FSH was on the low end (Estradiol was 22.1 ph/ml with a range of 7.6-42.5, FSH was 3.2 mIU/ml with a range of 1.5-12.4)

And it definitely makes sense with the symptoms I've been experiencing. However, the reason I wanted to get bloodwork done originally is because I wanted to have baseline numbers in case I wanted to do a cycle in the future, but with these results there's no way I'm touching anabolics at any point soon.

The thing that's confusing is that I have never cycled anything before. No PH, no AAS, nothing at all. I've been training since I was 15, too, and was actually in the best shape of my life about a month and a half ago... but then everything went to sh*t for no discernible reason at the start of September. I lost motivation to train (even though I still pushed hard), and started gaining fat/bloat while looking noticeably worse in the mirror. No idea what caused it or why, which is what made everything so frustrating.

So.. any advice or suggestions? I'm want to get an appointment with an endocrinologist ASAP, but that might take anywhere from 4-6 weeks with how things are around here. Anything I can do while I wait? Anything I should try to avoid doing? Any advice at all from the more experienced members? I'm feeling very lost here..

bboyflash

Awards
I was the same way from 18-21, no desire, depressed, weights seemed like a chore rather than a hobby...I went back up when I meet a new girl...but as far a otc supps, I recommend DAA, ****s no joke! Also vitamin d, these worked for me, hiatus keep your head up and just remember not to give up when treatments dont work, keep looking for other options that will work for you, also some treatments take time for them to work..hope this helps

vorcellian

Awards
Diet has been perfect for the past 6 months. I did a great cut/recomp from dec-june where I went from 205-185 while getting stronger in all my lifts. I was looking big, strong, muscles were hard, and I felt on top of the world. Sex drive was great, I was feeling great, everything was perfect.

Then at the start of September I had to move to go to college. The first week my diet was **** (consisting of little more than protein bars), but then once I settled in I got back into following the same 40/40/20 diet I had been following back home. Calories were around 2200-2400 depending on workout days or not. That might seem a bit low (I'm 6'1" at 185lb, 7% BF a month ago but now way higher), but I've always had a slow metabolism, and staying around 2400 had treated me well since the start of the year.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
that protein bar diet may take a little time to recover from, and bboyflash made a two good points. How exciting is your life. Sometimes after highschool life doesnt turn into the exciting "Im in college and I bang chick!" adventure you were expecting, and you just sortof hit a slump for a while. Maby talk to a doctor, and if they cant come up with anything, maby ride it out for a few years. Try tracking down the occasional Saurday night frat party and meeting some chicks. I wish I would have! I whent to one after college was over and it was awsome! And DAA really dose work, although I persoally dot eccomend it, becasue at 18 you still have a little more puberty to go through IMO. Hows sleep?

bigwhiteguy29

Awards
  • Established
Try eating some healthy fat in the morning, do heavy squats and deadlifts and also try using DAA . See a doctor for help though.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
that protein bar diet may take a little time to recover from, and bboyflash made a two good points. How exciting is your life. Sometimes after highschool life doesnt turn into the exciting "Im in college and I bang chick!" adventure you were expecting, and you just sortof hit a slump for a while. Maby talk to a doctor, and if they cant come up with anything, maby ride it out for a few years. Try tracking down the occasional Saurday night frat party and meeting some chicks. I wish I would have! I whent to one after college was over and it was awsome! And DAA really dose work, although I persoally dot eccomend it, becasue at 18 you still have a little more puberty to go through IMO. Hows sleep?
On to of this, how are sleep and alcohol consumption? See a doctor, but I would wait till your at least 25 before takeing any scripts. I think that 21 year old slump is normal. I know I had one.

rebelhead

rebelhead

Banned
Awards
are u overtrained?. that could lower ur test levels. endurance athletes have lower test levels.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
stop listening to all these responses about diet etc. you need to take your bw to an endo and get your pituitary checked. if those numbers are accurate its your lh that is more than likely the culprit meaning you could very well be secondary hypogonadal. more than lkely dr will do mri on pit then eventually try a restart protocol.

i recommend moving or reposting in the anti aging sub forum. let matrix get a look at this

vorcellian

Awards
stop listening to all these responses about diet etc. you need to take your bw to an endo and get your pituitary checked. if those numbers are accurate its your lh that is more than likely the culprit meaning you could very well be secondary hypogonadal. more than lkely dr will do mri on pit then eventually try a restart protocol.

i recommend moving or reposting in the anti aging sub forum. let matrix get a look at this
Will definitely take the bloodwork to an endo, as soon as I can. It's just getting that first appointment that will take some time, unfortunately. And I'll post this again in the anti aging sub forum, thanks for the advice.

EDIT:

Sleep is good, restful, and long (9-10 hours a night, sometimes more). Drank only the first weekend I got here, since then haven't had the motivation to go out, meet girls, go to parties, etc. It's my third year at the university so I know how it all works, and I'm just not interested. Low T would probably explain why. And I haven't touched any recreational drugs, ever.

Also, re: overtraining... I took a whole week off the week before I came to school. Like I said, I've been training really hard since December, and take a week off every 8-12 weeks.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Will definitely take the bloodwork to an endo, as soon as I can. It's just getting that first appointment that will take some time, unfortunately. And I'll post this again in the anti aging sub forum, thanks for the advice.

EDIT:

Sleep is good, restful, and long (9-10 hours a night, sometimes more). Drank only the first weekend I got here, since then haven't had the motivation to go out, meet girls, go to parties, etc. It's my third year at the university so I know how it all works, and I'm just not interested. Low T would probably explain why. And I haven't touched any recreational drugs, ever.

Also, re: overtraining... I took a whole week off the week before I came to school. Like I said, I've been training really hard since December, and take a week off every 8-12 weeks.
highly unlikely like i said that this is related to diet, over training etc. your t is low and you know htat. now just find out why