Blood pressure, cholesterol, liver protection/detox supps

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
These supps should benefit anyone regardless of whether they take AS or phs. I was wondering what was the best supplement for each category and at what dosage and perhaps even what brand/product.

Cholesterol- Red Yeast Rice, Policosanol

Blood Pressure- Celery Seed, Hawthorne Berry, C12 (Enzymatically Hydrolyzed Casein)

Liver- Milk Thistle extract, K-R-ala, N-acetyl-cysteine

I've seen mention of these compounds in other posts but rarely mention of a specific product or whether some can be combined or any possible side effects. For example can red yeast rice(ryr) be combined with poli or is it a waste? I also heard that ryr has some liver toxicity so nac or milk thistle should be taken with it and that ryr should not be used year round.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
For blood pressure I use:
Hawthorn
Garlic
Ginko Biloba
Valerian Root

So I think it is safe to say that I don't think that combining them is a waste. They all work by different mechanisms so it isn't like one is cancelling the other out. Hawthorn for instance works like an ACE inhibitor while Ginko and Valerian open blood vessels. Garlic, well it is a mystery exactly how it lowers blood pressure but all the evidence proves that it works as well as improves blood lipids.

I would have to say the best supplement would be a combonation of synergistic supplements.