Bio Grow

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So is that good or bad for Bio-Gro? LOL I skimmed it and thought it was good for Bio-Gro? Either way, I've been on 4 scoops a day for ~3 days now.. nothing really yet to report.. had a hell of a workout today so will see how my recovery from it is..
I would say that if what iSatori claims is true, then it's good for Bio-Gro? iSatori claims that they've essentially stripped the constituents down to basically just the peptides and that supposedly leaves them in a state of low molecular weight so going by the book you linked, that helps towards getting around the issue of permeability (most of what I can tell in that book you linked, the peptides were discussed in the context of them being contained in a more complex protein chain IE milk proteins, in which to liberate the peptides, the longer chain would need to be broken down but this then leads to certain enzymes now being present which tends to destroy these peptides).

I did find this study yesterday: http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/283/2/611.short

That study suggests that a peptide such as IgF-1 is apparently highly bioavailable especially when casein is present. A bioavailibility of around 60%. I don't know how this will factor into humans but I couldn't find any studies of humans orally ingesting isolated IgF-1 and the studies that do discuss oral bioavailibility of IgF-1 are in the context of ingesting them whilst they are in more complex protein chains which of course is different then orally ingesting just the IgF-1 in isolation. Compared to injecting IgF-1, obviously it's more efficient and economical to inject it as opposed to orally administering it since injecting it will get it into circulation at very high doses pretty much from the get go.

There's also the fact that a lot of people poo poo on things like Deer Antler and rightfully so but I don't think they are poo pooing that in the right context. The problem with something like Deer Antler is that the stuff might contain the cytokine listed on the label but you don't actually know in what quantities, etc. A lot of people just assume that IgF-1 is just not orally bio-available and thus Deer Antler must be useless (but end of the day, the problem with Deer Antler is that you really don't know at what concentrations the listed cytokines are in, it's like buying protein powder that states it has protein but doesn't tell you how much is in it, could be a gram for all you know).

Lastly, let's not forget that products like Bio-Gro and PF3, there's a lot of other peptides in those products as well, they are not a strictly IgF-1 product, IgF-1 is just part of the constituents of the products. We know that things like proline rich peptides, IgG, and IgA have autoimmune benefits amongst other things and I think possibly anti-oxidating properties as well (could also include lactoferrin).

propho

Awards
  • Established
Almost one container in so far.. nothing to report yet I don't think.. kissadadookie, how were you taking Bio Gro was it just added to a protein shake? I don't drink milk so i'm wondering if taking it with a lactose base product would yield better results? Or as you mentioned something with cassein..

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Seems like a bogus product. Why not use bcaa peptides for recovery?

BigHoop65

Awards
Because BCAA's aren't all there is for recovery. There's still IGF-1 with various other globulins and peptides that contribute to recovery, growth and proper immune function.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Because BCAA's aren't all there is for recovery. There's still IGF-1 with various other globulins and peptides that contribute to recovery, growth and proper immune function.
My immunity is fine. It would be cheeper to go buy Colostrum from a farm I would think.

Touey

Touey

Awards
djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can't find a human study on bio grow btw on pub med!!!

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Almost one container in so far.. nothing to report yet I don't think.. kissadadookie, how were you taking Bio Gro was it just added to a protein shake? I don't drink milk so i'm wondering if taking it with a lactose base product would yield better results? Or as you mentioned something with cassein..
I workout first thing in the morning. 1 scoop intra with my aminos and carbs drink. 1 scoop post with my shake. 2 scoops in my last shake/meal of the day. I've had very acute reduction in DOMS even right now whilst I'm running ArA (1.5 grams this time as opposed to 1 gram last time). When I first started using Bio-Gro it was a ways into using ArA and my DOMS last about 3 days, after a few days on Bio-Gro @ 4 scoops a day, that reduced down to about 1 day and stayed that way. Recently I've been pushing a bit harder so I've been in the gym for 5-6 day straight training weeks and that seems to not really batter me too much as it may have in the past.

I've never stopped using BCAAs ;) They didn't seem to do much of anything for DOMS and recovery in general nor did LCLT for me for that matter. I've been using them (BCAAs) since I go to the gym essentially after getting out of bed and just want some nutrients in my body as opposed to a meal since even a banana doesn't really sit well in my gut when I'm training.

I can't find a human study on bio grow btw on pub med!!!
Supposedly the peer review study is being reviewed or something right now and supposedly these types of studies can not be revealed (in terms of content, findings, etc.) until it is published. Supposedly iSatori is aiming to have it published in February? Should check with them as I am just going by what they are saying. :p

cedman1

cedman1

Awards
Just reporting in that I'm still using the Bio-Gro at 3 scoops on workout days and 2 scoops on rest days. I have not grown another appendage nor am I contest ready for the next Mr. Olympia. What I will say is that I really enjoy the recovery as I'm old... I was able to use Bio-Gro with the CTD Labs product NCG and while my recovery did not change I did have some of the best pumps in my life while working out. As far as what is occurring scientifically I cannot explain.

propho

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to decide how I feel about this after I stop taking it.. I don't really notice any difference to be honest..

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll have to decide how I feel about this after I stop taking it.. I don't really notice any difference to be honest..
I would just take the money and buy some first day high quality colostrum.

NO_HYPE

Banned
Awards
Compared to injecting IgF-1, obviously it's more efficient and economical to inject it as opposed to orally administering it since injecting it will get it into circulation at very high doses pretty much from the get go.

Here's what the plasma concentration should look like, following an oral bolus of IGF-1:

~

NO_HYPE

Banned
Awards
The number of people talking about quicker recovery certainly shouldn't be ignored
In my opinion, the reports of improved recovery/DOMS while on bio-gro are merely anecdotal and placebo-driven. iSatori has done nothing [nor could they] to resolve the pharmacokinetic conundrum that this product would be subjected to, following oral admin.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In the context of ergogenicity.... it is.
I remember a long while back PA mentioned in a post on a forum somewhere that the biggest issue with deer antler velvet is that most likely the products contains just trace amounts of the claimed peptides if any at all.

NO_HYPE

Banned
Awards
I remember a long while back PA mentioned in a post on a forum somewhere that the biggest issue with deer antler velvet is that most likely the products contains just trace amounts of the claimed peptides if any at all.
Unless we're talking about infants who weight lift, it really doesn't matter how much they contain. Oral delivery of peptides & IGF-1 is a joke, due to the inherent epithelial absorption barriers within the GI tract. Even pharmacological approaches to altering the physicochemical properties of the peptide molecules have failed. Can't wait to hear how the scam artists over at iSatori have solved this dilemma.

~

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Unless we're talking about infants who weight lift, it really doesn't matter how much they contain. Oral delivery of peptides & IGF-1 is a joke, due to the inherent epithelial absorption barriers within the GI tract. Even pharmacological approaches to altering the physicochemical properties of the peptide molecules have failed. Can't wait to hear how the scam artists over at iSatori have solved this dilemma.

~
That's if iSatori has been pushing the product as an IGF-1 supplement but it isn't. It's really beyond me how people consistently peg the product as an IGF-1 targeting product. The proline, lactoferrin, and IgG content most likely are what may be having the recovery benefits is my guess.

NO_HYPE

Banned
Awards
That's if iSatori has been pushing the product as an IGF-1 supplement but it isn't. It's really beyond me how people consistently peg the product as an IGF-1 targeting product.
Did you miss the part where I specifically mentioned that the oral delivery of peptides is a joke? That is what's in bio-gro right?

NO_HYPE

Banned
Awards
The proline, lactoferrin, and IgG content most likely are what may be having the recovery benefits is my guess.
And placebo would be my guess. The pharmacokinetic data on orally-administered proline-rich tripeptides indicates terrible bioavailability and the lactoferrin would be annihilated via gastric pepsin. As far as IgG goes, there's nothing to protect it from proteolysis and/or cleavage by intestinal enzymes, so it can't bind to intestinal FcRn.

NO_HYPE

Banned
Awards
I'm beginning to think that people are incapable of reading labels.
Read the label, it's worded in a very specific manner, I even bolded the important part on that label which clearly indicates in plain English that it's not colostrum but instead, colostrum is being used as the source raw to extract the peptide contents from.
according to the label, it's clearly not actually colostrum.

rofl.... I wonder why iSatori used all the colostrum citations then? And why do they refer to colostrum as "the primary ingredient inside Bio-Gro"????

Are there any scientific studies to support Bio-Gro?
Yes. To date, there are over 32 clinical studies, conducted from 1990 to 2011, which demonstrate the positive effects of the primary ingredient inside Bio-Gro, including improvements in lean body mass, 1-3,5,17,18, 20-24,26-29,33,36-39 performance, 7,10,12,19,25,34 recovery, 4,6,9,15,35 strength, 8 and immune function, 13,14 and more are currently underway.

NO_HYPE

Banned
Awards
Again, the Bio-Gro SPECIFICALLY states that the contents are peptides extracted from colostrum. That is completely different than saying it's colostrum which contains peptides which is what you are trying to suggest here. It's not just a difference in semantics, the two actually indicates completely different types of content.
colostrum.... bio-gro.... same difference

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So, basically No_Hype gets booted from bb.com and now lingered on to AM to trash Bio-Gro? Feel free to take more screenshots of my posts and then put it up on the TL board calling me a potato, because we all know how brilliantly academic that whole Gaspari Implosion thread is. What's next? Claims of me being an iSatori or Gaspari shill? ;)

NO_HYPE

Banned
Awards
So, basically No_Hype gets booted from bb.com and now lingered on to AM to trash Bio-Gro?
rofl.... I like to trash lame-ass products from time to time. That isn't exclusive to just iSatori and bio-gro though

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
rofl.... I like to trash lame-ass products from time to time. That isn't exclusive to just iSatori and bio-gro though
So colostrinin is bunk then along with the data on it's positive effects on alzheimers? According to you, proline rich peptides would be useless since they get completely destroyed, colostrinin is basically prolimne rich peptides from colostrum.

How about Humanofort? Gets destroyed right? But Dr. Wilson has mentioned in the past that there is data in humans showing that it is bio-available.

There may be severe limits to how bioavailable through oral administration is but can you for certain be sure that consumption of these peptides have no effects whatsoever? Maybe they don't get into the bloodstream intact but how about what they break down into? IgG for one has some interesting data behind it in humans yet you have made a blanket statement that it's useless and gets completely destroyed in digestion.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's that supposed to mean?
All it means is that there was a time I thought of your posts to be of tremendous value but after seeing what goes on over there at the TL boards, I find you to possibly have maybe not so straight forward academic intentions that your posts elsewhere would otherwise suggest.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
:popcorn:

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Just so we're clear on what an immunoglobulin is (Ig). IgG is a systemic antibody created by B cells with the primary function of conferring lasting/longterm immunity to a potentially dangerous antigen (e.g. bacterial toxin). How is IgG created so that it perfectly fits this toxin's structure? Because first in early maturation, and then in the lymph nodes at germinal centers, there is basically a form of "natural selection" in which there is massive proliferation of these B cells, each with a slightly different IgG structure. The antigen is presented at these germinal centers and the B-cells of closest fit survive and move on to further selection until the perfect B-cell IgG is formed. This IgG is so specific for its antigen that it typically binds that molecule and only that molecule, giving it no other function in the body.

So what happens when you randomly supplement IgG? Absolutely nothing. Like I said, IgG is formed via an excruciatingly specific selection process, and to supplement randomly structured IgG molecules will serve no physiological purpose.

Also, since this is oral supplementation (in medicine, we give IV Ig for good reason), absorption will be poor. The main Ig in the GI lumen is IgA. So IgG will have no purpose in the GI lumen either after failing absorption.

NO_HYPE

Banned
Awards
but after seeing what goes on over there at the TL boards
Please. Spare us the drama.

I find you to possibly have maybe not so straight forward academic intentions that your posts elsewhere would otherwise suggest.
"Acedemic intentions"? rofl

Suddenly I'm reminded of why I stopped posting on forums.

So back to colostrum..... I mean bio-gro

~