Bio-Gro...

ikeNball

ikeNball

Awards
  • Established
Worth it? Experienced users with this product only please.
My .02---I like it for post workout, as it gives me more of a window to get in a whole meal within an hour after.
As opposed to slugging/spending on protein powder that tears up my stomach.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
No. Don't waste your money. It's a joke.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I used this for a while. I did really well, but i normally do really well. There were no direct attributes in my opinion. However i know people who came off it and went back on and they love it. After a few times of cycling on and off it they were able to tell the difference. To each his own on that one...

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My .02---I like it for post workout, as it gives me more of a window to get in a whole meal within an hour after.
My recovery was much better on it but I used 15 scoops daily too. (22.5g)
But like I use to say, for that money you can get ArA,PA and much more

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tried Whey Isolate? That would not tear your stomach unless you have milk protein allergy

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
It's very expensive protein - that's it. Adult digestive systems destroy all the stuff it is purported to contain. Intestinal/gut health can be had for a lot less than $90/Month...just put Tumeric spice on everything you eat :)

Post-workout 'Sliding Glass Door' - Just eat your whole food meal sometime before bed and you're good.

I would love to change the name to:

Bio-NO!

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's very expensive protein - that's it. Adult digestive systems destroy all the stuff it is purported to contain. Intestinal/gut health can be had for a lot less than $90/Month...just put Tumeric spice on everything you eat :)

Post-workout 'Sliding Glass Door' - Just eat your whole food meal sometime before bed and you're good.

I would love to change the name to:

Bio-NO!
With the dosE I ran, its deff more than just a expencive protein. Recovery was sick on it . Placebo? I dont think so.

Those who have enough money to spend, Bio Gro would be a good thing for DOMS/recovery

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One does not need to eat within a certain "window" after training. Protein sythesis is elevated for roughly 48 hours post workout, if I remember correctly.

Anyways, I have never used Bio-Gro, but from what I have read, recovery is better. Unless I can get it very cheap, it does not warrant a purchase. I would rather stretch and foam roll to help increase recovery.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One does not need to eat within a certain "window" after training. Protein sythesis is elevated for roughly 48 hours post workout, if I remember correctly. Anyways, I have never used Bio-Gro, but from what I have read, recovery is better. Unless I can get it very cheap, it does not warrant a purchase. I would rather stretch and foam roll to help increase recovery.
Post workout shake consumption depends on pre and intra supplementation/nutrition. If training fasted with no BCAA/EAA pre or intra, it would be a good idea to get a shake or whole food meal in quicker rather then later.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Post workout shake consumption depends on pre and intra supplementation/nutrition. If training fasted with no BCAA/EAA pre or intra, it would be a good idea to get a shake or whole food meal in quicker rather then later.
Good point. I should have included that. I was under the assumption all that was covered, but for some, it i not or cannot be.

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
It's not a terrible product imo, i actually the ingredient has promise and studies will show that.

But its terribly underdosed in bio-gro, 6g is what i would shoot for

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
BioGro is good stuff, just need a lot of it.

I foresee this category opening up very soon and some big things on the way!

Swolbraham

Banned
Awards
Never pay full price though OP, it's on sale literally every week. iSatori destroyed their price integrity on that one

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
2013: "Gains, gains, gains!"

2015: "Recovery, recovery, recovery!" :)

If it works for y'all, awesome - it sure as heck didn't recover my wallet when I fell for it, LOL.

It's Colstrum no matter how you dress it up, and the research shows local (ie. intestinal) benefit only. All the "special gains-ness" gets destroyed by the adult digestive system - unless there is new research I missed (possible). And it was definitely marketed with an emphasis on LBM increases, not recovery. They appear to have gotten lucky with a fallback about "recovery".

Anyway, I think Now Foods just came out with a Clostrum for $20 for 45 servs.

http://www.nowfoods.com/Recovery-Factors-with-IGF-1-90-Veg-Capsules.htm

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2013: "Gains, gains, gains!"

2015: "Recovery, recovery, recovery!" :)

If it works for y'all, awesome - it sure as heck didn't recover my wallet when I fell for it, LOL.

It's Colstrum no matter how you dress it up, and the research shows local (ie. intestinal) benefit only. All the "special gains-ness" gets destroyed by the adult digestive system - unless there is new research I missed (possible). And it was definitely marketed with an emphasis on LBM increases, not recovery. They appear to have gotten lucky with a fallback about "recovery".

Anyway, I think Now Foods just came out with a Clostrum for $20 for 45 servs.

http://www.nowfoods.com/Recovery-Factors-with-IGF-1-90-Veg-Capsules.htm
There are studies showing IGF1 increase but it was 40-100g dose daily.

Of all natty products I have tried , HMB FA and Bio Gro was the only products that "removed" DOMS. No matter how hard I worked out. Without Bio Gro or HMB FA, DOMS came back.

Like I said, is it worth it?
Well some who dont like DOMS ,it would not hurt to try, but if your diet,workout routine and rest is good and need a nstty boost then I would suggest ArA or PA than Bio Gro.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There are studies showing IGF1 increase but it was 40-100g dose daily.

Of all natty products I have tried , HMB FA and Bio Gro was the only products that "removed" DOMS. No matter how hard I worked out. Without Bio Gro or HMB FA, DOMS came back.

Like I said, is it worth it?
Well some who dont like DOMS ,it would not hurt to try, but if your diet,workout routine and rest is good and need a nstty boost then I would suggest ArA or PA than Bio Gro.
My recovery was absolutely better, i cant deny that. I was doing full body workouts for five days a week with pushups and pullups after every workout. I didnt know soreness until i stopped taking it. Idk about anything past that, but my soreness was definitely reduced. Most people report something along the lines of this recovery benefit, then also say that if you can affford the extra cost its worth it.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My recovery was absolutely better, i cant deny that. I was doing full body workouts for five days a week with pushups and pullups after every workout. I didnt know soreness until i stopped taking it. Idk about anything past that, but my soreness was definitely reduced. Most people report something along the lines of this recovery benefit, then also say that if you can affford the extra cost its worth it.
There are 1000 supps out there which are totaly waste. If something helps with recovery and DOMS then its not totaly waste at all.
If someone ask me a good product for nice recovery then high colostrum dose and HMB FA is my suggestion.
If someone ask about product for size and strength , colostrum is not the first thing i do mention. But colostrum and HMB FA is a good add to other products reducing DOMS and improve recovery

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I have no reason to doubt you my friend. But Bio-Gro *was* hyped for mass gains. Like you said, at what cost? 40-100g for IGF-1... how much BG at $30 a pop would that run, and at the end of a year, how many more kilos of muscle will I have just from using BG?. A Ferrari can also get groceries :)

Bio-Gro Label - 200lb Trainee - 6 scoops a day = 12g. Cost: $30/10 days.

Using your IGF-1 study, taking the lowest amount of 40g = 20 scoops of Bio-Gro/Day. Cost: $30/3 Days or $10/Day = $3,650/Year

It obviously did something for you in the DOMS area, but I can only afford to be sore :) (and with PA/ArA I *love* the sore)

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have no reason to doubt you my friend. But Bio-Gro *was* hyped for mass gains. Like you said, at what cost? 40-100g for IGF-1... how much BG at $30 a pop would that run, and at the end of a year, how many more kilos of muscle will I have just from using BG?. A Ferrari can also get groceries :)

Bio-Gro Label - 200lb Trainee - 6 scoops a day = 12g. Cost: $30/10 days.

Using your IGF-1 study, taking the lowest amount of 40g = 20 scoops of Bio-Gro/Day. Cost: $30/3 Days or $10/Day = $3,650/Year

It obviously did something for you in the DOMS area, but I can only afford to be sore :) (and with PA/ArA I *love* the sore)
Ofcourse. I totaly understand your point and I totaly agree. It is not worth the money.
High doses of quality colostrum is amazing for recovery, but for that money I can buy ArA,PA, and much more and make much better gains :)
But if the money is not the problem then adding high doses of colostrum would be a good thing

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was doing four to five scoops and i was getting two bottles for forty bucks with free shipping. Past that price i dont see a benefit, but for me it wasnt breaking the bank at that price. I would have loved to mega dose it, but i def couldnt afford that.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was doing four to five scoops and i was getting two bottles for forty bucks with free shipping. Past that price i dont see a benefit, but for me it wasnt breaking the bank at that price. I would have loved to mega dose it, but i def couldnt afford that.
I dosed 22.5g but I would like to try above 50g.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Ofcourse. I totaly understand your point and I totaly agree. It is not worth the money.
High doses of quality colostrum is amazing for recovery, but for that money I can buy ArA,PA, and much more and make much better gains :)
But if the money is not the problem then adding high doses of colostrum would be a good thing
Sounds good my friend! Peace, as always :)

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is a new video by my guy bios3 with new info from a study on bio gro just released.[video]https://youtu.be/L15PWw8vBQU[/video]

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is a new video by my guy bios3 with new info from a study on bio gro just released.[video]https://youtu.be/L15PWw8vBQU[/video]
I have seen bio gro study (1.5g or 3g) they used. But I mean that dose is just ridiculous

From a study where 20g colostrum was used daily.
"It was concluded that a long-term supplementation of bovine colostrum (Dynamic) increases serum IGF-I and saliva IgA concentration in athletes during training."

Colostrum should be used for a longer period. 1-2 months with small doses is 100% waste

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
While Jerry goes out of his way to state that he doesn't get paid, or flown anywhere, from iSatori - he never states that he pay's out of his own pocket for Bio-Gro. I'd use it too, if I got it for free :)

As far as the study, is there a link to the actual study? He was going to read the names and said he couldn't find them. I'm sure it's a paid study by iSatori - Now, that doesn't mean 100% bogus, but it is a factor. Also - I see "Gains, gains, gains!" is coming back :)

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
While Jerry goes out of his way to state that he doesn't get paid, or flown anywhere, from iSatori - he never states that he pay's out of his own pocket for Bio-Gro. I'd use it too, if I got it for free :)

As far as the study, is there a link to the actual study? He was going to read the names and said he couldn't find them. I'm sure it's a paid study by iSatori - Now, that doesn't mean 100% bogus, but it is a factor. Also - I see "Gains, gains, gains!" is coming back :)

I have seen those studies done on bio gro and they are supported and paid by isatori. You can see them on their homepage :)

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Yea im not sure about the study, just thought it was a coincidence he posted it when we had this thread going. I have watched his initial videos when he talked about it and he loved it. At that time he purchased all his own product and didnt know the owner at all. Now that he has raised awareness, they are obviously in a different boat lol. Who knows but the study results were unbelieveable, and i mean just. 5 lbm in two months smdh not because of that bio gro.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
musclemaker Company Promotions 1
musclemaker Company Promotions 2
Supplements 35
Supplements 12
Supplements 13