Big Boy weight loss

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Ok guys. I have a friend who is up in the 300 lb + range. I'm not sure exactly what his actual weight is. He has lost 109 lbs(YES 109 LBS) already. He is walking for exercise and says he is losing 14 lbs a month right now. What supplement could I get him on that wouldn't affect his blood pressure medication? We are looking to get him to around 210-220.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok guys. I have a friend who is up in the 300 lb + range. I'm not sure exactly what his actual weight is. He has lost 109 lbs(YES 109 LBS) already. He is walking for exercise and says he is losing 14 lbs a month right now. What supplement could I get him on that wouldn't affect his blood pressure medication? We are looking to get him to around 210-220.
If he losing 14 lbs a month, then he doesn't need anything but maybe some whey right now. Tell him to keep doin what hes doin until he plateaus, then have him cut cals a bit more. Supps aren't needed when your that big cause the weight will melt off with the right diet and exercise..

ZoMbSta

Awards
If he losing 14 lbs a month, then he doesn't need anything but maybe some whey right now. Tell him to keep doin what hes doin until he plateaus, then have him cut cals a bit more. Supps aren't needed when your that big cause the weight will melt off with the right diet and exercise..

yup...have to agree with what scott72 says...14lbs a month is still massive and all he needs to do really is just continue what he is doing and maybe consider going to the gym for some weights training..with weights training whey protein might come in handy...and also try to clean up the diet further as maybe he still cheats occassionally?

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
You are both right. I'm going to leave the supps. alone until he really can use them. He just had a baby, so I think the gym is out for right now.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
You are both right. I'm going to leave the supps. alone until he really can use them. He just had a baby, so I think the gym is out for right now.

.....so many ways I could go with that one... tell him to keep it up man!

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
.....so many ways I could go with that one... tell him to keep it up man!
Wouldn't that be a picture, right? I'm going to get him on massive amounts of protein and tell him to keep on with it. Thanks.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also be careful at losing too fast. Extremely overweight people losing fat too fast and create serious health issues. 14 pounds a month is really too fast. As someone speaking with personal experience. If he's losing it that fast then his body hasn't had time to adjust it's internal balance and will do its best to put that weight back on.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
He says he is eating when he gets hungry and he doesn't eat that much when he does. He was talking about eating potatoes with nothing on them where I suggested sweet potatoes. He eats them too. He has cut out bread. Most sugar. I haven't seen him in weeks and he looks different so the weight is coming off.

What would you suggest from your experience that he should do to slow down the weight loss and keep it off?