Beta alanine taste?

Rhyalus

Rhyalus

Awards
  • Established
Hi Guys,

Maybe I should have asked this BEFORE I ordered the bulk powder from NP...

How does the beta alanine taste?

What does it mix well with?

Thanks,
Rhyalus

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Honestly (I'm probably not the best person to ask as I've tried nearly every bulk supplement on the market and have only found a few foul ones) it's not bad at all. Mixes fine.

Not sure what you mean mixes with - it's fine on it's own. Just make sure you take enough of it - saw a study yesterday in MD that we need 3 to 4 grams per day to get good carnosine levels inside cells.

No need to add histidine (the other component in carnosine - along with BA).

You just reminded me that I need to get some more of this stuff.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Relatively tasteless. Doesn't blend absolutely, but enough to add to anything.

Vinny

Awards
Honestly (I'm probably not the best person to ask as I've tried nearly every bulk supplement on the market and have only found a few foul ones) it's not bad at all. Mixes fine.

Not sure what you mean mixes with - it's fine on it's own. Just make sure you take enough of it - saw a study yesterday in MD that we need 3 to 4 grams per day to get good carnosine levels inside cells.

No need to add histidine (the other component in carnosine - along with BA).

You just reminded me that I need to get some more of this stuff.

I love the stuff but only take it pre workout and post. I do this because I find it gives me a bit of extra "energy" and dont want to get used to it.

By reading these posts I see most if not all take it daily . Have you ever tried it pre/post workout ask to see if any difference ?

Thanks

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hi Guys,

Maybe I should have asked this BEFORE I ordered the bulk powder from NP...

How does the beta alanine taste?

What does it mix well with?

Thanks,
Rhyalus
I just got a some bulk BA in about 10 mins ago, I will give it a taste here for you.

edit: yep, taste nothin, Mixes like if you added salt to a small amount of water.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
no taste really...mixes ok...BA is amazing

Rhyalus

Rhyalus

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Gents.

You are all correct - no taste, and it mixes even better than Taurine. I mix the BA with a bit of diet iced tea and it is a beautiful thing.

BUT...

The parasthesia hit me fast and hard. I took a dose of Carnage earlier in the day, pre-workout (3 caps which is only about 2.25 gms) and there was no sensation - I think this is by design.

My post workout dose was a teaspoon full (3.6 gms) - this was my first time using the bulk powder.

Within about five minutes I had a lot of the tingling in my head and neck, and it spread quickly to my arms. I have to say that it was pretty unpleasant, and it is interesting because when you move around (I guess triggering nerve cells) the sensation is amplified.

I read that this goes away over time. Did you guys have the same experiences?

Thanks,
R

Last edited:

Vinny

Awards
Thanks Gents.

You are all correct - no taste, and it mixes even better than Taurine. I mix the BA with a bit of diet iced tea and it is a beautiful thing.

BUT...

The parasthesia hit me fast and hard. I took a dose of Carnage earlier in the day, pre-workout (3 caps which is only about 2.75 gms) and there was no sensation - I think this is by design.

My post workout dose was a teaspoon full (3.6 gms) - this was my first time using the bulk powder.

Within about five minutes I had a lot of the tingling in my head and neck, and it spread quickly to my arms. I have to say that it was pretty unpleasant, and it is interesting because when you move around (I guess triggering nerve cells) the sensation is amplified.

I read that this goes away over time. Did you guys have the same experiences?

Thanks,
R
I get a red nose like rudolph the reindeer but I apply a tiny bit of my wifes make up on it and bingo works like magic.
I get tingly ,sweat a bit more but that lasts about an hour and I walk in the gym 90 minutes after I take it so thats fine and its worth taking .
I got the same from Poseidon first few weeks to but also lasted an hour and worth taking as both I know help.
I only take BA pre workout and post and always happens but Poseidon I got used to the niacin and no more niacin flush which is good.
If you take BA like most take it you get used to it rather fast and no "side effects" but at 3 days a week I have yet to get used to it.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
it doesnt taste bad i actually like it, i dont like to mix it with anything i just get a spoon and open wide let it dissolve and maybe add alittle water if i dont have time to let it melt.