beta alanine dosage...

shmack

Awards
how do you guys break up your dosage? just one big one preworkout, or something like 3 2g servings throughout the day? I've heard it's more effective when taken with carbs (mostly simple), so I was thinking about taking half a serving pre workout and then the other half with my PWO shake. Any suggestions/experience?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I've heard split pre and post dosages kicked around most often.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
BiG in NYC 82

BiG in NYC 82

Awards
1 serving Pre and 1 serving Post (~3g) worked best with me, but the best thing for you to do is to experiment with the dosage and timing to see which way your body reacts best to.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
whose to settle this situation?
Nobody, because there is no single correct answers but many good options. Pre and post works well for some, but others have divided it up into smaller 800mg doses, 6x/day to try and avoid the tingle feeling. Also taking it with carbs helps decrease the feeling for some.

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
6g a day is my goal. 2g in the am upon waking, 2-3g preworkout, and another 2g with postworkout meal. Bulk BA is ridiculously easy to dose (currently enjoying Primaforce bulks from NP). I try to keep BA in me regardless of workout schedules though, as it seems there's a loading period.

At times, I've gotten as high as 8-9g per day as Ragnarok and Purple Wraath contain a decent amount of BA, although the exact amt is proprietary information, I'm assuming the amounts are approx 1.5g (ragnarok) and 2-4g depending on number of scoops of PW I use (maybe 2g per scoop). Those are just guesses.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
I've been using BA for a around 2 weeks now.

2g (flat t-spoon) in the morning which is pre workout for me, 2g just before mid morning snack and another 2g before dinner.

This stuff is great. More vascular and fuller looking which is unusual since i'm doing strict keto at the same time. Also noticing it easier to get a few more reps.

I get a lot of goose bumps and a bit of a chill when the tingles start but i'm really starting to enjoy it. They go away soon after i start eating though.

I bought 100g and just about to order a kilo. Great stuff