best weightgainer

rray8028

Awards
I'm looking 4 a good weightgainer 2 help me put on mass n very low in sugar,n have a good taste 2 it.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
No such thing as a good weightgainer, mate.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
More food! Take food, blend with milk, there's your shake!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's called food, bro!

Good wholesome food...there's plenty of threads on this forum about how to gain weight...RenegadeRows has written several and I think it's suncloud who wrote one called "gaining mass in a nutshell". Any of them are great for what your looking for.

Additionally, the search function at the top of the menu is of great use for such threads as these - they get asked a lot, and while there is no way for you to know that, it'll make things easier on you if you try searching first.

rray8028

Awards

It's called food, bro!

Good wholesome food...there's plenty of threads on this forum about how to gain weight...RenegadeRows has written several and I think it's suncloud who wrote one called "gaining mass in a nutshell". Any of them are great for what your looking for.

Additionally, the search function at the top of the menu is of great use for such threads as these - they get asked a lot, and while there is no way for you to know that, it'll make things easier on you if you try searching first.
Thanks I'll check it out

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
Shakes should be an addition to whatever you eat that is clean and healthy and sufficient, and sometimes a replacement for less healthy meals when you can't swing anything else (like if you are at school and aren't allowed to eat solid food like hard boiled eggs, nuts, tuna, etc).

A pretty good formula I was considering, you can blend it yourself on TrueProtein.com. I've recommended it to several people:

50% Milk Protein Isolate
30% Swedish Oat Starch
10% psyllium seed husk fiber
10% medium chain triglycerides or BCAAs or flax seed oil powder

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
16oz whole milk
1 cup steel oats
3-4 tbsp peanut butter
Big squirt of honey
1 banana
1/2 cup cottage cheese

=

Big time calories!!!!!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
While I think that true protein has awesome products and quality, I agree with rugger - go whole foods, like his shake recipe recommends - more nutrients, vitamins, etc. and it's cheaper too.

musclehead65

musclehead65

Awards
Weight Gainer

I'm looking 4 a good weightgainer 2 help me put on mass n very low in sugar,n have a good taste 2 it.
Optimum Nutrition's Pro Complex Gainer. All the flavor's taste great, but I sell the most of the Banana.

striking

striking

Awards
  • Established
For the price you need to make your own if possible.

Look at the cost of just 5lb of shake mix (40+$)

It may taste good it may not if not your out the money!

Make your own in a blender using real food you bought at the store. You will know exactly what is in it and can make it taste however you want!

I like to make a whole blender full worth of shake and drink half of it then and half of it later. In the recipe section here there are good ones to use not to mention the Search function works great!

Overall your anwser to more mass is FOOD! Solid whole FOOD as much as possible! Use the shakes as fillers when your on the go or can't get a healthy meal in.

conwict

conwict

Awards
  • Established
I recommend just eating as much whole food as possible and supplementing straight protein morning and night and around the workout. That's basically what I'm doing right now.

I used to weigh ~150 lb and got up to 210 in just over a year. Massive strength and muscle gains but I also put on more fat than I would have if I'd done it slower. I looked a heck of a lot better at 210 than 150, but I should have just gone up to 185 or so over the same time period.

I made a lot of "super shakes" with honey, oats, cottage cheese, etc, but I would honestly tell skinny guys not to go with the fast track...spending a year getting big and spending 4-5 months getting lean, where you don't gain any strength or muscle, is just not as good an idea as spending the same amount of time slowly adding LBM...just my opinion.

If you are an "on the go" type person and don't really want to bother with a weight gainer shake, just take tons of hard boiled eggs, fruit, veggies (carrots, celery, raw broccoli), almonds/cashews/walnuts, and pre-drained tuna/salmon.

Personally I just bought an 8-week supply of protein, about 13 pounds total. 5lb whey protein isolate ion-exchange, 4lb milk protein isolate, 4lb workout blend (75% waxy maize starch, 15% pepto pro, 10% bcaas instantized) and couldn't be happier. I'm taking in between 50 and 100 supplemental grams of protein per day depending on whether I am training or not. One scoop WPI in the morning, two scoops workout blend around the workout, one scoop WPI post workout, and one scoop MPI before bed every day. About $120+shipping for all that protein. $60 per month, $2 per day, not bad.