best weight loss supp ever!!!!! this **** is bananas !

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
so i want to know what you guys think of the weight loss product alli or also known as xenical over the counter?

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
lol eww.....

Two words:

Anal Discharge
so i have heard lol ! besides that do you think there are any sides that bodybuilders should worry about ?

i have a friend who is using it and is getting shredded. he hasnt noticed any strength loss!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, how about blocking absorption of fat soluble vitamins as well as some healthy fats.

drksun

drksun

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah, your susposed to take your multi-v spart from the alli, like alli in the morning, vit's at night, becuase the alli will block the absorbtion of fats

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, how about blocking absorption of fat soluble vitamins as well as some healthy fats.
yeah, your susposed to take your multi-v spart from the alli, like alli in the morning, vit's at night, becuase the alli will block the absorbtion of fats

The good fats and the vitamins are the biggest concearn, but from my understanding, this is a meal specific thing, so the pill you take with your meal is used up on that meal and excreted but if you go out to mcdonalds and eat a bigmac, the excess fats may cause bowel irregularities, its 3 caps a day, so if your eating 5 or 6 meals a day, dont dose it with your healthy fats, fish, etc and take your efa's and vitamins at night. I have two close friends taking it, a male and a female and both seem to like it. The male has had zero problems, the female has told me of some irregularities, but it seems to be only when she cheats on her diet which might actually be a motivator. Other than these issues, I dont see why theres such a negative vibe about this product. Alot of people wasted money on things like chitosan that didnt even work as advertised, apparently from what Im hearing elsewhere, alli is working as adverstised for some people.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is the overall concept. The only way I can see this product being valuable is if you are a fatty and you consume massive amounts of fat. How much fat does this particular product block your body from using?

A lot of people overeat carbs, which means this product would not help. If you are eating that much fat that you need to block it to have any effect on your bodycomp, then you have WAY more work to do that eating a pill.

conan1071

Awards
  • Established
a nurse friend of mine said that the studies estimate 10 pounds of fat loss in a year

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
It is the overall concept. The only way I can see this product being valuable is if you are a fatty and you consume massive amounts of fat. How much fat does this particular product block your body from using?

A lot of people overeat carbs, which means this product would not help. If you are eating that much fat that you need to block it to have any effect on your bodycomp, then you have WAY more work to do that eating a pill.

You make some excellent points, as usual, and I dont have the exact answers, I think the meals they eat with alli are supposed to be less than 14g fat, anything more and I think that were the digestion distress comes in.

But for a moment, look at something like muscle milk, it tastes great, but its got like 18g of fat (good or bad, not relevant for just this moment) alot of people complained about that, so lets say someone on a cut cycle or even a non-fatty person could in theory, enjoy the indulgence of the taste of mm, while getting rid of nearly all the fat, or am I totally of base with this??

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
A coworker took it and had to wear a maxi pad on her ass. Thats a pretty big "side effect" if you ask me!

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
The good fats and the vitamins are the biggest concearn, but from my understanding, this is a meal specific thing, so the pill you take with your meal is used up on that meal and excreted but if you go out to mcdonalds and eat a bigmac, the excess fats may cause bowel irregularities, its 3 caps a day, so if your eating 5 or 6 meals a day, dont dose it with your healthy fats, fish, etc and take your efa's and vitamins at night. I have two close friends taking it, a male and a female and both seem to like it. The male has had zero problems, the female has told me of some irregularities, but it seems to be only when she cheats on her diet which might actually be a motivator. Other than these issues, I dont see why theres such a negative vibe about this product. Alot of people wasted money on things like chitosan that didnt even work as advertised, apparently from what Im hearing elsewhere, alli is working as adverstised for some people.
i completely agree!

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
You make some excellent points, as usual, and I dont have the exact answers, I think the meals they eat with alli are supposed to be less than 14g fat, anything more and I think that were the digestion distress comes in.

But for a moment, look at something like muscle milk, it tastes great, but its got like 18g of fat (good or bad, not relevant for just this moment) alot of people complained about that, so lets say someone on a cut cycle or even a non-fatty person could in theory, enjoy the indulgence of the taste of mm, while getting rid of nearly all the fat, or am I totally of base with this??
very true. i dont believe your off base. many people i know are more meat eaters and thats where most of there fat lies, in the meat. so far my friend is loving it!

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
A coworker took it and had to wear a maxi pad on her ass. Thats a pretty big "side effect" if you ask me!
she most not have very good control of her bowels!!! lol has she been sharting?

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
dsade summed it up perfectly (sorry bro, got to spread rep around).

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
alli is another ploy to make fat people have an excuse for not eating healthy. A lot of people KNOW the answer to weight loss yet choose not to do it.

1. Eat heathly, proportional foods low in carbs/fats
2. Exercise

Hell, even being anorexic works (not to mention cheaper). There are ALOT of people at my office who do all these weird ass diets, tip and tricks. I just tell them about eating cleaner and they said they tried it and it dosent work.

Typically I will ask them what they ate and how much. Either they lie and say something really bungled up, or they tell the truth and it becomes very apparent why they are overweight.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
You know Tripdog has an AM trademark on "is bananas" don't you?

12STEP

Awards
  • Established
there is some speculation on mixing alli (xenical) with chitosan and vitamin c to negate the side effects because the chitosan supposedly absorbs the undigestible fat that would otherwise be leaked anyone tried this

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
there is some speculation on mixing alli (xenical) with chitosan and vitamin c to negate the side effects because the chitosan supposedly absorbs the undigestible fat that would otherwise be leaked anyone tried this
i have not even hear of this. but i will tell my friend to try it !

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
so i want to know what you guys think of the weight loss product alli or also known as xenical over the counter?
:mad: :smite: ..."Bananas"????........NO!!...........thank-you:smite:

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Haha KingMeso, was the the new biggest turd episode of southpark that aired on wednesday. It was silly, but I wish we could get past the poop factor of alli. Everyone seems to be a skeptic, but all things, even serms, went through the skeptic phases when they were first thought of as something that might be of use. I still cant see how alli might not have some usefullness, especially when trying to get into single digit bodyfat.

For instance, lets forget about fatloss, look what is supposedly does to LDL levels:

http://www.raysahelian.com/orlistat.html

........."Orlistat and LDL Cholesterol
Data presented at the 2006 Annual Scientific Meeting of NAASO, The Obesity Society, found that low-dose orlistat (60 mg) in conjunction with a reduced-calorie diet, provided greater reductions in LDL cholesterol and weight loss when compared to treatment with placebo and a reduced-calorie diet. The data demonstrate that the effect of low-dose orlistat on change in LDL cholesterol persisted even after correcting for weight loss, showing the reduction in LDL cholesterol was independent of weight loss. In addition, a significantly greater number of patients with elevated LDL cholesterol levels at baseline had improved LDL cholesterol levels that shifted to a normal range after treatment with low-dose orlistat for 1 year. The results were based on two multi-center, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials of 576 patients which were conducted over a 2-year period to compare the differences in weight loss and LDL cholesterol levels of 60 mg orlistat -treated versus placebo-treated subjects, with both groups consuming a reduced-calorie diet. Study results found that approximately 38 percent of orlistat -treated subjects had a favorable shift in their LDL cholesterol level in comparison to 11 percent in the placebo group. "These study results are significant in showing the added health benefit of taking low-dose orlistat," said Vidhu Bansal, PharmD, Director of Medical Affairs, GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare. "Because high cholesterol levels are often associated with overweight and obesity, we were excited to see the positive effect low-dose orlistat had. LDL cholesterol levels returned to a normal level after 1 year of taking the medication in a significantly greater number of patients on 60 mg of orlistat with elevated LDL levels at baseline and there was a persistent reduction in LDL cholesterol levels, even after correcting for weight loss." Currently under review by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), orlistat 60 mg, which GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare proposes to market under the brand name alli (pronounced AL-eye), would be the only FDA-approved weight loss medication available over-the-counter. Alli would be indicated for use by overweight adults along with a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet. Help and advice on adopting a healthy eating plan will be provided in the alli program.
Xenical (orlistat 120 mg capsules) will remain available by prescription for obesity management and for those who should be treated under the care of a physician. Xenical is manufactured by Roche and co-promoted in the U.S. by GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare."

Im reading up on alli, as I find it to be very interesting, and I dont own stock in the company or work for them, Im just exploring ideas.

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
Haha KingMeso, was the the new biggest turd episode of southpark that aired on wednesday. It was silly, but I wish we could get past the poop factor of alli. Everyone seems to be a skeptic, but all things, even serms, went through the skeptic phases when they were first thought of as something that might be of use. I still cant see how alli might not have some usefullness, especially when trying to get into single digit bodyfat.

For instance, lets forget about fatloss, look what is supposedly does to LDL levels:

http://www.raysahelian.com/orlistat.html

........."Orlistat and LDL Cholesterol
Data presented at the 2006 Annual Scientific Meeting of NAASO, The Obesity Society, found that low-dose orlistat (60 mg) in conjunction with a reduced-calorie diet, provided greater reductions in LDL cholesterol and weight loss when compared to treatment with placebo and a reduced-calorie diet. The data demonstrate that the effect of low-dose orlistat on change in LDL cholesterol persisted even after correcting for weight loss, showing the reduction in LDL cholesterol was independent of weight loss. In addition, a significantly greater number of patients with elevated LDL cholesterol levels at baseline had improved LDL cholesterol levels that shifted to a normal range after treatment with low-dose orlistat for 1 year. The results were based on two multi-center, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials of 576 patients which were conducted over a 2-year period to compare the differences in weight loss and LDL cholesterol levels of 60 mg orlistat -treated versus placebo-treated subjects, with both groups consuming a reduced-calorie diet. Study results found that approximately 38 percent of orlistat -treated subjects had a favorable shift in their LDL cholesterol level in comparison to 11 percent in the placebo group. "These study results are significant in showing the added health benefit of taking low-dose orlistat," said Vidhu Bansal, PharmD, Director of Medical Affairs, GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare. "Because high cholesterol levels are often associated with overweight and obesity, we were excited to see the positive effect low-dose orlistat had. LDL cholesterol levels returned to a normal level after 1 year of taking the medication in a significantly greater number of patients on 60 mg of orlistat with elevated LDL levels at baseline and there was a persistent reduction in LDL cholesterol levels, even after correcting for weight loss." Currently under review by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), orlistat 60 mg, which GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare proposes to market under the brand name alli (pronounced AL-eye), would be the only FDA-approved weight loss medication available over-the-counter. Alli would be indicated for use by overweight adults along with a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet. Help and advice on adopting a healthy eating plan will be provided in the alli program.
Xenical (orlistat 120 mg capsules) will remain available by prescription for obesity management and for those who should be treated under the care of a physician. Xenical is manufactured by Roche and co-promoted in the U.S. by GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare."

Im reading up on alli, as I find it to be very interesting, and I dont own stock in the company or work for them, Im just exploring ideas.
it helps lower bad chol, i wonder if it has any neg or poss affect on good chol?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Don't you mean "shart"?

Freudian slip? LOL- j/k;)

OBeast

Awards
"Low-dose Xenical patients who completed the four-month treatment period lost 5 percent of their baseline weight and while those who received the placebo plus diet lost 3.3 percent."
From
http://www.allireport.com/Studies.htm

So over the course of four months an average 200 lber could lose 6.6lbs by just following the Alli diet or you could spend $250 on this product **** your pants on a regular basis and lose 10lbs. Tough freakin choice

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
"Low-dose Xenical patients who completed the four-month treatment period lost 5 percent of their baseline weight and while those who received the placebo plus diet lost 3.3 percent."
From
http://www.allireport.com/Studies.htm

So over the course of four months an average 200 lber could lose 6.6lbs by just following the Alli diet or you could spend $250 on this product **** your pants on a regular basis and lose 10lbs. Tough freakin choice
lol yes!

actually they are the same thing just alli is a lower dose.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm. Female friend gave me four days of alli to try and I didnt crap my pants once or have explosive ****s. Where all the claims false??

For those who are interested, I actually felt like digestion was improved and easier while taking alli. I dont normally take in huge amounts of fat, but I was sure to have a megaloaded extra thick protein shake meal, which had a decent amount of fat, to see if I would poop my pants, and it seemed to me like I had less trouble digesting the shake. And for the ultimate experiment, I purposely went to KFC and had a huge meal with an abundant amount of excess fat, and I was waiting and fully prepared to crap my pants and nothing happened?