Best Pump

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I've heard that glycerine pumps are actually extracellular, and while they may be aesthetically pleasing they are not good for what most would want a pump for....

Both visual aspect and increasing intracellular hydration and in turn intracellular nutrient uptake.

For the case you mentioned above, a show, its perfect.
I'm doing more research on this now that you bring it into question, but whole body hydration is far from disadvantageous when trying to increase endurance, time to fatigue, and muscle fullness/working capacity; even if it isn't 100% intracellular specific.
Very interesting excerpt found from my research, which is also encouraging and very sensible in its description of the method of action at work:

"A muscle pump occurs when fluid fills up the muscle cells. When you work out, your muscles create metabolic waste products that draw water into the cells. Since glycerol also attracts water, having more glycerol inside your muscle cells will enhance the pump you can achieve. It also pulls more water into your blood vessels, causing them to dilate and increasing their vascularity.

Researchers from the University of Glasgow (Scotland) found in a Z007 study that subjects who took both creatine and glycerol for seven days had nearly 40% more body fluid than a group that took just creatine, and almost 50% more fluid than a group taking just glycerol. This has important implications for hypertrophy: Muscle cell swelling stretches the muscle membrane and instigates processes that lead to long-term growth.

For better muscle pumps, take 10-30 grams of glycerol with 20-32 ounces of water about one hour before workouts. Also be sure to take creatine with your pre- and postworkout shakes for a synergistic effect."

BY JIM STOPPANI, PHD

Edit: After re-reading my own entry above, it just donned on me that this is from FLEX about four issues ago, I was so impressed by the write up offered by Dr. S, I once again implemented Glycerine into my regimen. In all honesty, is has been SO successful for me in my lifting and competing, I almost feel guilty sharing the 'secret' weapon; but we're all trying to achieve the same end result here, so enjoy! :)

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Another helpful addendum to help all of you correctly measure our your Glycerine since it is advocated in grams above by Dr. S, yet comes in a liquid form: http://www.metric-conversions.org/weight/grams-to-ounces.htm

Simply use the calculator provided. Cliff Note: 30g of Glycerine = 1oz

Or... to make it EVEN EASIER (pandering for reps) 2 TABLE SPOONS :)

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Now the I think about there w was a rtd priduct I always preached cuz it was simple and gave outstanding pumps. Worldwide nutrition nos drink. It had 10g glycerol 3g arginine mix 200mg caffeine. It was ridiculices nice pumps very full feeling.

I'm thinking of stackin this with jacked? The glycerol

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Now the I think about there w was a rtd priduct I always preached cuz it was simple and gave outstanding pumps. Worldwide nutrition nos drink. It had 10g glycerol 3g arginine mix 200mg caffeine. It was ridiculices nice pumps very full feeling.

I'm thinking of stackin this with jacked? The glycerol
I remember that product WELL! I used to manage a Max Muscle, and would always grab one :)

They don't make it anymore?

NOW's VG is so cheap, especially since 1oz (30g) is the ceiling suggested for dosing according to research, triple the RTD's amount.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hmmm very interesting..... I can see a few holes in the study there but let me do some researching real quick to see if I can lend some credibility to my assumptions....

Bottom line is if it's working for you I'm sure its gotta have its benefits.... Just let me see if what I'm thinking is correct as far as I know it....

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm very interesting..... I can see a few holes in the study there but let me do some researching real quick to see if I can lend some credibility to my assumptions....

Bottom line is if it's working for you I'm sure its gotta have its benefits.... Just let me see if what I'm thinking is correct as far as I know it....
Alright, I'll be on watch for a reply. What are you assumptions or holes you see at this point in time?

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Yes outstanding, they have a new formula out sucks. Yrs product was very amazubg such full heavy pumps I loved it

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well that study assumes that glycerol is being transported directly into the muscle cell to begin with.... THEN it is drawing the water into the muscle cell...

The portion listed about vasodialation I believe is correct, as is it's description as to what a MUSCLE pump technically does increasing cellular size and stretching the muscle membrane causing long term growth. (a "pump" doesn't have to be just this though)

The whole reason I was told the first time around that glycerine is counter productive plays directly into the explanation above about glycerine attracting water but in the sense that it is actually drawing precious intracellular fluids from inside the muscle membrane and just increasing extracellular fluid retention....

So as you see everything they have stated regarding glycerine's effectiveness is wholey dependant on the fact that glycerine is magically transported intracellularly to begin with, when in actuality it is sent to the muscles first via the bloodstream where some of it then reaches the extracellular portion of the muscles and continues to attract water from everywhere, muscle cells included through osmosis.

However maybe when combined with creatine and especially glut4 and insulin it is then able to be shuttled directly into the muscle cell where it can exert it's effects positively but that is only a what if until I find the info I'm looking for....

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Yes outstanding, they have a new formula out sucks. Yrs product was very amazubg such full heavy pumps I loved it
Why would they dilute and alter a successful product?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
A) Well that study assumes that glycerol is being transported directly into the muscle cell to begin with.... THEN it is drawing the water into the muscle cell...

B) However maybe when combined with creatine and especially glut4 and insulin it is then able to be shuttled directly into the muscle cell where it can exert it's effects positively but that is only a what if until I find the info I'm looking for....
A) Well the very intrinsic nature of repetitive motions via resistance exercise enhances localized blood flow to working muscles (by a multitude of several fold), coupled with the excerpt from the article, "When you work out, your muscles create metabolic waste products that draw water into the cells." So the transportation mechanism is weight training itself, carrying Glycerine on its back like the aliens riding lightening in War of the Worlds; and continuing to exert its effects from there.

B) Over and above 'exhibit' A offered above in my response, these factors will also contribute greatly to the overall muscle cell specific activity of Glycerine.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lol love the war of the worlds reference.

That makes sense to me, but let me do a lil looking to see if I can support the idea I was fed all that time ago... It made sense to me, I may have to bring them in to weigh in on the matter

playmaker784

Awards
love superpump and had a good experience on flashover, it's newer i think

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
A) Well the very intrinsic nature of repetitive motions via resistance exercise enhances localized blood flow to working muscles (by a multitude of several fold), coupled with the excerpt from the article, "When you work out, your muscles create metabolic waste products that draw water into the cells." So the transportation mechanism is weight training itself, carrying Glycerine on its back like the aliens riding lightening in War of the Worlds; and continuing to exert its effects from there.

B) Over and above 'exhibit' A offered above in my response, these factors will also contribute greatly to the overall muscle cell specific activity of Glycerine.

That makes sense to me, but let me do a lil looking to see if I can support the idea I was fed all that time ago... It made sense to me, I may have to bring them in to weigh in on the matter
Cool, holler back.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

As you had mentioned, glycerine is extracellular.

Glycerine pulls moisture from within the muscle cells. This increases your blood volume, which since blood is an incompressible fluid increases blood pressure, ultimately leading to more intense pumps via venturi effect. It works wonders for contest, but not as useful as an everyday supplement. It just makes you "look" jacked after you lift weights.

Remember, there's only one thing that hydrates you: water. Anything else is merely going to facilitate the transport to specific locations, at the cost of others.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey bob'o do you know of any studies that support this? ive been lookin n cant find anything... my google aint that strong for finding studies...

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
As you had mentioned, glycerine is extracellular.

Glycerine pulls moisture from within the muscle cells. This increases your blood volume, which since blood is an incompressible fluid increases blood pressure, ultimately leading to more intense pumps via venturi effect. It works wonders for contest, but not as useful as an everyday supplement. It just makes you "look" jacked after you lift weights.

Remember, there's only one thing that hydrates you: water. Anything else is merely going to facilitate the transport to specific locations, at the cost of others.
Well we do need some electrolytes, but glycerine is technically diuretic, so your last comment dose apply to it.

Has anyone tried Now Foods Vegetable Glycerine? Or any vegetable glycerine? Dose it get the job done?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am currenlty using Hemovol. It is OK but nothing special. I have also tried CM. Again it is OK. I actually get the best pumps from good old NO Xplode. But it over stimulates me and makes me have to urinate every 45 mins for several hours after ingestion. Thus far the best combo I have found, is 2 scoops of Ultima, 2 scoops of Flashover and GPLC spreadout throughout the day.
add some hemodraulix to the mix- you will be amazed.

pm me your addy and i will send you some samples.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the pumps on arachidonic acid kill those from NO products in my experience and in that of most people Ive spoken with.

carbcrazy

carbcrazy

Banned
Awards
ive heard the same from alot of sources, i want to give ArA a try...

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well we do need some electrolytes, but glycerine is technically diuretic, so your last comment dose apply to it.

Has anyone tried Now Foods Vegetable Glycerine? Or any vegetable glycerine? Dose it get the job done?
I used to just buy USP grade from the local pharmacy. Dilute in 1 part glycerine with 2 parts water. It tastes pretty nasty. The effects of glycerine are 100% cosmetic, though.

Really, the pump is never going to be the limiting factor in your muscle-building endeavors; thus, improving it isn't going to help you build muscle faster.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the pumps on arachidonic acid kill those from NO products in my experience and in that of most people Ive spoken with.
i agree-hemodraulix uses the same licensed ara as in xfactor, plus it has arginine/beta alanine/sesamin.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
i might try AA soon with prime and ghenerate and anabolic pump since i need to get of jack3d for a while i have been on it long

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone used X-Factor Advanced with good results? Was looking to do 50 days run.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
im curious of AA as well anyone

KashMoni

KashMoni

Awards
GlycerGrow gives painful pumps, but in a good way...until it just gets in the way of doing more reps.

Hemoval is awesome, no complaints there.

I switched to adding bulk CM to PWOs for pumps.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
...painful pumps, but in a good way...until it just gets in the way of doing more reps.
I have noticed this lately, while on NTBM's BRIDGE product. The pumps become so exaggerated, in a way, it almost interferes with the workout - but I'll take that ANY DAY over feeling flat, depleted, and weak!

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
In my opinion, the pump is nothing more than a physical sense of self satisfaction
There's another activity I regularly engage in, moreso than usual while on HCGenerate, that is also self satisfying... but I digress.

The pump, is by no means a uni-faceted superficial moot pursuit in the quest to champion hypertrophy. -Outstanding ;)

I must respectfully disagree with no semblance of ambiguity in my stance - there is a well established myriad of physiological effects put into motion to activate the necessary machinery to expedite anabolism as both a result of and dependent upon the realization of the pump.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not what I was alluding to.

Enhancing steps which are not rate limiting to the process offer very little enhancement to the rate of the overall process.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
there is a well establish myriad of physiological effects put into motion to activate the necessary machinery to expedite anabolism as both a result of and dependent upon the realization of the pump.
Dependent on a decent pump yes, but do these responces benefit from an extra swole supplement pump?

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Dependent on a decent pump yes, but do these responces benefit from an extra swole supplement pump?
I see what you're saying here... not asking if the pump in and of itself is necessary to actuate hypertrophy, but rather if the over-and-above use of supplementation to enhance and exaggerate that pump is beneficial beyond a simple superficial gratification in the mirror?

I believe any compound administered that can create a favorable shift in the dynamic of training and/or muscle fullness will ultimately result in more expeditious nutrient delivery and toxin attenuation and disposal; compounding over the duration of months and years to promote a heightened increase in the rate of anabolism, recovery, and the cycle therein.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You've just decribed the biological benefit of the pump as a means to justify taking a pump product. Do you see how this doesn't actually answer the question?

This will happen regardless of what's taken. Certain compounds, as the discussions in this thread have established, do nothing more than increase blood volume, thereby diluting concentrations of desired blood components, to induce the "pump".

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
You've just decribed the biological benefit of the pump as a means to justify taking a pump product. Do you see how this doesn't actually answer the question?

This will happen regardless of what's taken. Certain compounds, as the discussions in this thread have established, do nothing more than increase blood volume, thereby diluting concentrations of desired blood components, to induce the "pump".
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh stop yelling at me!!! Mom and dad, just stop fighti...... whoa, what just happened? Where am I?