best excersize for wider bicepts

lannjonny

lannjonny

Awards
  • Established
Im noticing that i really need the outer bicept head to grow. Any advice on what excercises others use for that muscle to grow? Open to all new or overlooked ideas also the outer tricept? Just want wider fuller look to arms

Hondaman722

Awards
Im noticing that i really need the outer bicept head to grow. Any advice on what excercises others use for that muscle to grow? Open to all new or overlooked ideas also the outer tricept? Just want wider fuller look to arms

For the outer head of the bicep

Reverse curls
Hammer curls

For the tricep

Tricep pushdown (lock the arms out)
Skull crushers with good depth
For me a overhead dumbell extension is good to :)

But remember form over ego, mind muscle connection and no force reps, really hit the muscle with constant tension in the excercise and in your head

flamini

flamini

Awards
For the outer head of the bicep

Reverse curls
Hammer curls

For the tricep

Tricep pushdown (lock the arms out)
Skull crushers with good depth
For me a overhead dumbell extension is good to :)

But remember form over ego, mind muscle connection and no force reps, really hit the muscle with constant tension in the excercise and in your head
Just wondering , why do you suggest no forced reps?

lannjonny

lannjonny

Awards
  • Established
Ok thanks! I do lot of overhead dumbell extensions in my workout but i guess ive kinda neglected the reverse curls..! Well arm days tomorrow so i'll letya know what happens.

Hondaman722

Awards
Just wondering , why do you suggest no forced reps?
I find force reps don't give me the same benefit a full contraction and tension where as a paced rep would, force reps are more for a burn out toward the end for that extra bit of tear, it's like throwing Shiyt at a wall, not all of it is going to stick, but I've a better chance by throwing more

Hondaman722

Awards
Forced reps on such a small muscle group for me tends to burn em not grow em thats how it is in my neck of the woods
It's all about dat der mind muscle connection lol, I always drop set when my form becomes **** and I feel I have more fuel left in the tank

flamini

flamini

Awards
I find force reps don't give me the same benefit a full contraction and tension where as a paced rep would, force reps are more for a burn out toward the end for that extra bit of tear, it's like throwing Shiyt at a wall, not all of it is going to stick, but I've a better chance by throwing more
OKay , I was just wondering. I personally enjoy forced reps.. but yes, I agree I do not do them after every set but mainly at the end.

Hondaman722

Awards
OKay , I was just wondering. I personally enjoy forced reps.. but yes, I agree I do not do them after every set but mainly at the end.
Me to, but for me it's always for a bit more of a calorie burn and more tension even if it's not the best tension to grow its tension lol!

Hondaman722

Awards
Forced reps on such a small muscle group for me tends to burn em not grow em thats how it is in my neck of the woods
Btw skullcrushers are great, I always go behind my head and get a full lengthening of the muscle and a bigger contraction. Lying on bench with EZ bar 12 rep range lol

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Effectively isolating them is important for success.

Try Spider curls.

lannjonny

lannjonny

Awards
  • Established
Ya same here but i dont have an ez bar currently so my wrists take a small beating with the strait bar. But ya ill defnatly add in reverse curls!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Closer grip on curls. You'll feel a difference right away if you typically curl with your hands at medium and wide grip widths on the bar or with dumbbells.

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
generally speaking. Your grip on the bar also plays a role in how the two heads are being hit. The closer your grip the more outer head, a wider grip prioritizes the inner head.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
What the hell is a bicepT????

lannjonny

lannjonny

Awards
  • Established
Kool thanx so far! I'll post a pic of my arm pump today after i workout!

lannjonny

lannjonny

Awards
  • Established
ForumRunner_20131213_184033.png

ForumRunner_20131213_184056.png

Ok so thts my bicep and as you can see im havn trouble making the lower portion pop.. Sorry thr blurry but iz shaking like crazy tryin to flex n snap pic togethr

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Close grip preacher curls.
Rope hammer curls.
Cross body hammer curls

Looks like you have done a lot of wide grip curling. Go ahead and eliminate that for a bit and concentrate on using a closer grip for a while.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks more like genetics to me. I'd recommend hitting the bicep from multiple angles, really putting emphasis on TUT.

Go lighter, squeeze and dont be afraid to take a few sets to failure.

lannjonny

lannjonny

Awards
  • Established
Close grip preacher curls.
Rope hammer curls.
Cross body hammer curls

Looks like you have done a lot of wide grip curling. Go ahead and eliminate that for a bit and concentrate on using a closer grip for a while.
I did mostly close grips this workout but i jus had to throw in a few wide grips! =)

lannjonny

lannjonny

Awards
  • Established
Looks more like genetics to me. I'd recommend hitting the bicep from multiple angles, really putting emphasis on TUT.

I did go really light this workout and specially during the spiders, i was down to 50 lbs and im alredy sore 3 hrs later! Thanks everyone this has helped me kick it in a new gear(quality over quantity)

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

This. Almost looks like a torn bicep.

lannjonny

lannjonny

Awards
  • Established
Ya gotcha! Ive used wide grips for the majority most my workouts specially wen i was younger and stupid-er:) still learning apparently tho.

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
You know how you get big biceps? Synthol. It's what the big boys use. The dumbasses like Greg Valentino lol.

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
definitely do a crapload of hammers and reverse curls. my Bis always need work but the have helped the peak out even.

lannjonny

lannjonny

Awards
  • Established
You know how you get big biceps? Synthol. It's what the big boys use. The dumbasses like Greg Valentino lol.
No thanks! Id prefer to have a defined muscle than something that looks like it was washed up on the coast of mongolia with consistency of jell-o

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
Me to, but for me it's always for a bit more of a calorie burn and more tension even if it's not the best tension to grow its tension lol!
Forced reps are one of the best ways to increase hypertrophy in a muscle. Not that I recommend them over proper technique but it's one of the only ways to truly bring a muscle group to full exhaustion. Especially using forced reps with a focus on the eccentric portion of the lift.

lannjonny

lannjonny

Awards
  • Established
I need to get me an ez bar cuz this strait bar kills my wrist

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd agree with the genetic crowd for the most part. I always had longer slender bis and until I just gained overall BW, (going from say #195 to #235) my bis finally got fuller. No extra arm work really and in fact probably less emphasis on bis, just tons of "heavy" back work, chins, rows, low cable pulls etc etc.

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
I integrated spider curls this workout. Man what a burn!
[video=youtube_share;-4RNtxT0LwM]http://youtu.be/-4RNtxT0LwM[/video]