Best Commercial... EVER!!!

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The nike commercial with Sean Merriman and Steven Jackson is one of the best that I've seen in a long time. The song is from Last of the Mohicans, which is one of my favorite movies, so that might be swaying me to a degree :head:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Leave Nothing"

:D

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
hehehe

What does it mean "leave nothing"?

Much Love,

Neoborn

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
hehehe

What does it mean "leave nothing"?

Much Love,

Neoborn
A football cliche` that's commonly used when a team doesn't capitalize on opportunities is "leaving plays on the field." I'd guess it's in reference to that one :think:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it's ment to be taken as "use everything, give everything, put it all on the line, and leave nothing." In relations to the hard hitting and game playing the two are doing in the commercial. It's defenitily a driver if you look at it in that perspective.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think it's ment to be taken as "use everything, give everything, put it all on the line, and leave nothing." In relations to the hard hitting and game playing the two are doing in the commercial. It's defenitily a driver if you look at it in that perspective.
Ironically, BOTH teams are underachieving at this point at well

EctoPower

EctoPower

Awards
  • Established
Ironically, BOTH teams are underachieving at this point at well
Also ironic that Nike is using Merriman as their centerpiece, but they pulled all Vick endorsments immediately. Merriman broke NFL rules (steroids) and they turn a blind eye. Not that it's the same as Vick and I don't think less of Merriman for using steroids. But the reactions by Nike are so different for what amounts to players in both cases breaking the rules and creating a PR mess.

That said, the commercial is pretty sweet.