Best BCAA supplement?

jgunzz

jgunzz

Awards
What's the best bang for your buck in the BCAA category in pill form?

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
IMO your best bet is Xtend which is powder. No idea about pill forms.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Was also going to say xtend. It's my personal fav. Not sure about pills. More than likely your best bet for pills is going to either be our BCAA powerchews, or just something basic like liver tabs.

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have never bought any BCAAs other then bulk.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
Powders are more economical than pills. Personally I'm a fan of VPX Powershock because of the added EAA's or Myogenix Amino2. Xtend is also a really great product

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am a huge fan of Mass Aminos by Beverly International. I take them throughout the day, and really notice a difference in performance as well as the lowering of DOMS

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What's the best bang for your buck in the BCAA category in pill form?
considering that you really want to take in 5+g at once, pills don't work out very well. In powders, recoverpro is 125 servings for $40 at nutraplanet, and tastes fantastic.

Bryanz47

Awards
I say Allmax aminocore ....
Why? Servings of. BCAA are great.
Love the company
Taste is amazing

Price wise? Picked up 111 serving jug for 54 dollars on Amazon

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The best is based on preference and opinion. If you want to try samples of both flavors of RecoverpRO, PM EasyE or myself with your shipping information. You'll need a decent shaker due to the leucine content, though.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
umm why pill form man? if the avg pill carries 1g of powder, you need to take 10-20 pills per serving... not my favorite. go with xtend or bulk BCAA powder on a budget

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Load up on the xtend sale that Nutraplanet has on the old version of Xtend. You can mix match small tubs so a "large" would only cost you 42 bucks. All things considered, this is the best deal and it's in the university proven 2:1:1 ratio, not the broscienced 4:1:1.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have a feeling there is going to be some big things on the horizon in the post/intr workout category. ;)

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
What? Taking the same ingredients everyone has seen for years, putting them in a product, claiming them to be novel, but won't run a study to prove it? I mean, that's industry standard. A big thing for this industry would be a company actually running 1 study on a sku they make.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Its only 125 servings if your under 160 pounds.
to bad that doseing chart has no research to back it up. Id just go with 1-2 serving and be done with it bc of the leucine content. Like how xtend recommends 2 servings.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Modern bcaa.

Either flavor. White blue raspberry or grape bubblegum

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Modern bcaa.

Either flavor. White blue raspberry or grape bubblegum
8:1:1? If someone believed that was the best ratio to go with, just go with straight leucine. Stick to what research says works, 2:1:1

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
I use power chews for pill BCAA and bulk for powder. Pills are convenient for me on the go and when I train fasted and am starving. Other times I mix it up in a bottle and drink with the bulk

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Universal Beef Aminos

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
8:1:1? If someone believed that was the best ratio to go with, just go with straight leucine. Stick to what research says works, 2:1:1
Straight leucine is inferior to modern.

I enjoy the 8:1:1 and have been using it since it's release.
People overlook the sustamine addition vs. Regular l-glutamine

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Any research I've looked at as shown 2:1:1 being the ratio you needed due to how leucine is metabolized. I imagine you'd see just as effective, if not more, from a 2:1:1.

All of the 4:1:1 and 8:1:1 were created not because of science, but because it was cheaper at the time to manufacture them as leucine was the cheapest of the 3 amino's. Now it's the most expensive. I'd expect a 8 bucks price increase on this product unless they mislabel or change formula.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Any research I've looked at as shown 2:1:1 being the ratio you needed due to how leucine is metabolized. I imagine you'd see just as effective, if not more, from a 2:1:1.

All of the 4:1:1 and 8:1:1 were created not because of science, but because it was cheaper at the time to manufacture them as leucine was the cheapest of the 3 amino's. Now it's the most expensive. I'd expect a 8 bucks price increase on this product unless they mislabel or change formula.
Look into the modern bcaa write up (to find scholarly sources)

From what I understand leucine is the main one responsible for activating mTOR
But the other 2 are needed.

I am on my phone otherwise I would expand and post what I find

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
To metabolize 2 molecules of leucine you also have to metabolize 1 each of valine & isoleucine. Hence the 2:1:1 ratio. If you get leucine too high, you will actually deplete levels of the other 2 amino acids which may short circuit protein synthesis due to lack of substrate.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Aren't you associated with Scivation/Primaforce?

I personally use whatever is the cheapest. Sometimes it is bulk, sometimes a premade product(xtend, recoverpro, etc)

There is a site running a killer Recoverpro deal right now.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm the CEO of both.
Don't you think that would be pertinent information to share, when making product recommendations?

I mean I love your products, and Scivation is one of the few companies I respect in this cluster **** of an industry, but I think people have a right to know where these opinions are coming from.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
No you're right. I'm so used to everyone knowing, I forget there are new posters. It isn't something I hide at all. What mod should I contact about changing my name? I'm stuck to my old name lol, had it for a decade. If you notice, I haven't posted in years until recently. Knocking the dust off.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No you're right. I'm so used to everyone knowing, I forget there are new posters. It isn't something I hide at all. What mod should I contact about changing my name? I'm stuck to my old name lol, had it for a decade. If you notice, I haven't posted in years until recently. Knocking the dust off.
It is understandable..

I would just PM an ADMIN.

Mabey add a signature for the meantime " Scivation/Primaforce CEO".