Best 3 day mass split?

TexasGuy

Awards
1-2 hours max for powerfull to be most effective
Well then this will be interesting for me to follow.

I'm "old school" enough to make my last meal directly before bed. I am, however, interested in best practice.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well then this will be interesting for me to follow. I'm "old school" enough to make my last meal directly before bed. I am, however, interested in best practice.
I try and do that but I'm always awake for another hour or so, it actually works out pretty well.

The other dose will be taken before fasted cardio to try and optimize fat burning at this time.

Pre-workout is another good time but I'll be utilizing intra workout carbs....a def no-no to maximize GH products.

Joe_P

Awards
The best 3 day split is going to be the one you respond to the best. No one on the internet is going to be able to give you the optimal workout blindly.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The best 3 day split is going to be the one you respond to the best. No one on the internet is going to be able to give you the optimal workout blindly.
Agreed but some people do not know all of there options so we are here to give them a few options to choose from.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed but some people do not know all of there options so we are here to give them a few options to choose from.
I certainly understand where you are coming from and info can be valuable in most any venue, BUT, I wonder sometimes if the biggest reasons why people fall short or fail to find a good program, is because of too much information and too many choices. And thus, they do not focus long enough, or work hard enough, on the one present program they are doing. We always read about how so and so made this or that gain on this new improved routine, so we instantly want to jump onto one that will deliver "the great(er) results".

Machmood

Awards
I cringe when I see P/P/L routine suggested as only a M/W/F split hitting each muscle only once a week. ALL he will be doing is lowering his current overall volume for each muscle. He currently hits chest once a week and prob 4 exercises, now he'll only be doing 2. Sure he MAY gain alil strength due to decrease in volume, but it's only once a week so won't be much. If you lower volume YOU NEED TO INCREASE FREQUENCY. Low volume/frequent workouts allow you to gain strength EVERY SINGLE WORKOUT. The P/P/L is kinda volume but not really, may gain some strength, it won't be able to increase weight every workout, and if u do it's not much and not frequent. It is FAR FROM OPTIMAL. sure people use it but it's not exactly a good choice. Only training M/W/F makes it difficult to create an optimal routine, but if u want a cookie cutter DC is the way to go, or a workout wijth a similar philosophy.

Machmood

Awards
I agree with this 100%, but there are some basic principles and training routines that work well for most people. 90% of people asking about routines are beginners and intermediates, and most of these people should be on a very similar program if size is their main goal