Beginer needs help with her diet!

urbabs

Awards
It could be lots of things - maybe just that it is hotter out this time of year and you are sweating a little bit more? You seem to be doing fine. You just started learning about and watching your macros, as you do this more and more you will just start to know which foods to mix to fit what you need. It is a bit of a learning curve, and will be individual to you based on the foods you like and don't like, but it gets much easier and you will be hitting those macros before you know it. Just keep paying attention and adjusting. You will also realize that the longer you go without the carbs, the less you crave them. Dropping them too much too fast can create those cravings you experienced so you did the right thing, add a little back in so you don't crave and give yourself some leeway. This isn't a race and does not have to be perfect all in one day. Give yourself a little wiggle room and tighten things up as you get more used to the diet. You are eating better today than you were yesterday, and when you look back in 6 months hopefully you will be eating much better then than you are now, but always leave yourself some room for movement.

Thankyou this makes me feel I little less useless ahaha!!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Okay.. Getting really confused...

My dilemma is that, through using anabolic minds I have been advised to start at 1750 cals for two weeks, if I don't notice a difference then to lower my cals by 100 every two weeks till I notice a difference!
Also, to go for 40% protein, which works out at 175g (using my fitness pal)
40% fat, which works out at 78g (using my fitness pal)
20% carbs, which works out at 88g (using my fitness pal)
Plus, lift like any guy would, which currently until I have purchased the weights I cannot do! So I have started a HIIT workout instead (which has also been advised)

So, in contrast, looking at 'aworkoutroutine's website.. Using the calculations that I have put in it says that I should be having between 25% and 30% fat! Continuing with this idea I have worked out that I should in fact be having:
1952 cals?
30% fat which is 65g of fat
30% protein which is 152g of protein
40% carbs which is 189g of carbs...
Which to me doesn't make sense as to me it seems I need less carbs to loose fat???

In February when I put my details into my fitness pal... It said that I should be consuming 1200 calories? Which to me doesn't seem enough... Since then I have only noticed a small difference and to be honest I think I've gone back to where I started..

Should I continue with what I'm doing for now?
Continue with the advice you have received here. The macros can always be adjusted, but my believe is that protein is the key macro- 40% and 1-1.5 grams/pound of bodyweight are always my goals for protein. You will read a lot of things contradicting this, and maybe with some experience you will adjusted this on your own, but try it for a year and then decide if adjustments are worth it.

After that, fat and carbs can be adjustable to a great degree and see results, IF you are taking in the right number of calories overall. I like to get some MCTs from coconut oil, and some fish oils in my diet on purpose. Beyond that, I let the fats fall where they fall. Carbs I try to keep to the right kind of carbs, but these fall where they fall once I get sufficient protein, and proper fats. If it's 40% protein, 30% fat and 30% carbs, I am OK with that. If it is 20% carbs and 40% fat, cool. Anywhere around that can work. These ratios and numbers that you are getting on this site are not random, they are based on people's reading lots of info, and trying and figuring out what they used that worked in the real world. I would stick to what you are doing.

You should only be losing 1 pound a week roughly. Maybe 2 pounds max. Don't try to lose too much too fast.

juniorab

juniorab

Awards
Don't get me going on how I feel about corn, ha ha ha....
;)
There's nothing nutritious about it!
Potatoes n yams r a good source of energy...
Corn is garbage!
"Eats corn right up to the day of his show" crew checking in. :dunno: