Before first cycle of test, cut or bulk?

UpperEchelon

Awards
I plan on running my first cycle at the beginning of next summer. I'll be running 500 mg/wk of test e for 12 weeks, clomid and nolva for PCT.

Should I cut or bulk before this cycle? Or both? I have ~9 months until I cycle.

My stats: (I am aware I'm not at genetic potential)
Height: 5'9''
Weight" 174
Bodyfat: ~15%

And I look like this:

ht tp://s17.postimage.org/g8bvblbvz/image201208170001.jpg

Remove space in http to view pic, I cant post links.

TFlifting

Awards
Haven't seen your pic yet... I suggest do a quick cut using keto diet, maybe 2 months? Then bulk for five months, another quick 2 months cut, then go into a bulk for your cycle

TFlifting

Awards
just saw your pic... definitely do a cut, and as for fitness wise you are not close to running a cycle yet in my opinion... but if you are going to regardless get down to say 12% or lower if you can then start bulking

UpperEchelon

Awards
just saw your pic... definitely do a cut, and as for fitness wise you are not close to running a cycle yet in my opinion... but if you are going to regardless get down to say 12% or lower if you can then start bulking
"Fitness wise" I assume you mean my level of natural development. I agree I am not extensively developed but I have seen people with even less development than me gain easily 20 lbs of muscle. I don't really want to go past my genetic potential anyway since then I wouldn't be able to maintain the gains without cycling again - I'd rather not.

So cut to ~12% then bulk, even if I hit 12% before next summer?

TFlifting

Awards
"Fitness wise" I assume you mean my level of natural development. I agree I am not extensively developed but I have seen people with even less development than me gain easily 20 lbs of muscle. I don't really want to go past my genetic potential anyway since then I wouldn't be able to maintain the gains without cycling again - I'd rather not.

So cut to ~12% then bulk, even if I hit 12% before next summer?
well all I am saying is just that you have a long ways before your genetic potential for sure, but yes lean down to about 12% by your cycle, that way while making gains it really is quite noticeable, if you stayed this bf % you would need to cut after cycle regardless ESPECIALLY if you bulked, cut down some body fat and really get your diet dialed in, then maybe in 9 months you can consider AAS. After 12% do what you wish, but in my opinion you will enjoy the cycle ALOT more if your closer to 12 %

UpperEchelon

Awards
Point taken. Thank you.

More advice is welcome.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I second the "cut, down to 10-12%"....doing the same right now, I want to be 8-10% if possible...OK probably 10% lol...its the best way to do it, so you won't put on much if any fat during a leaner bulk....if you're already kinda chubby, then any sort of bulk is just gonna add to the BF% and hide any muscle you gain even more so. I feel its stupid to dirty bulk, or get too high of a BF%....doesn't make sense, its not quality weight...so don't bother putting it on...

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I second the "cut, down to 10-12%"....doing the same right now, I want to be 8-10% if possible...OK probably 10% lol...its the best way to do it, so you won't put on much if any fat during a leaner bulk....if you're already kinda chubby, then any sort of bulk is just gonna add to the BF% and hide any muscle you gain even more so. I feel its stupid to dirty bulk, or get too high of a BF%....doesn't make sense, its not quality weight...so don't bother putting it on...
I agree with this 100%. And it's from expierence. I'm 7 weeks into my cycle right now and wish I would have waited until my BF was much lower. I thought If I could eat 35-3700 clean Cals a day I could lean bulk and not gain any bf. I was wrong lol. So now I have to cut the last 6 weeks of my cycle to try and get my bf down closer to where it should have been in the start so I can keep my gains through pct. Definetly wait man trust me.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I agree with this 100%. And it's from expierence. I'm 7 weeks into my cycle right now and wish I would have waited until my BF was much lower. I thought If I could eat 35-3700 clean Cals a day I could lean bulk and not gain any bf. I was wrong lol. So now I have to cut the last 6 weeks of my cycle to try and get my bf down closer to where it should have been in the start so I can keep my gains through pct. Definetly wait man trust me.
yeah I'm gonna end up 3 fuqin months cutting down here and doing 12-15 rep or 18-25 rep sets.....you want so bad to start lifting real weights and taking real gear/PH/DS, and eating real amounts of food....but you have to get that BF under control first and resist the temptation. I'll be eating probably around 3K or even less some days due to the BW I'll be starting at....but compared to 1700-2K max that is like a dream.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
yeah I'm gonna end up 3 fuqin months cutting down here and doing 12-15 rep or 18-25 rep sets.....you want so bad to start lifting real weights and taking real gear/PH/DS, and eating real amounts of food....but you have to get that BF under control first and resist the temptation. I'll be eating probably around 3K or even less some days due to the BW I'll be starting at....but compared to 1700-2K max that is like a dream.
Haha I hear ya man. I'm gonna have to cut for 6 or 7 weeks...go through pct eating above maintenance and get through pct hopefully keeping most of what I gained and then cut AGAIN for like 4 months again before my next cycle to get where I should have been for this one lol. Would have been so much easier to do it right in the first place.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Haha I hear ya man. I'm gonna have to cut for 6 or 7 weeks...go through pct eating above maintenance and get through pct hopefully keeping most of what I gained and then cut AGAIN for like 4 months again before my next cycle to get where I should have been for this one lol. Would have been so much easier to do it right in the first place.
not sure how old you are, but personally it took me a long time to figure this out :D

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
not sure how old you are, but personally it took me a long time to figure this out :D
27 and it took me getting a couple weeks into a 12 week cycle and starting to jiggle more for me to figure it out lol