Unanswered been on TRT for 5 months want to get off.. PCT recommendation?

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
have been on TRT for 3 months . starting to think it isn't for me, simply because I dont feel any better. My libido was High before TRT, but was heavily lethargic and depressed

My labs prior to TRT:
free test was low at 9.3(9.3-25) but total was good at 500 (200-900)
e2 was at 12(15-45), my SHBG was sky high at 75

im now on 120 mg test cup split into 2 doses of 60 mg a week. no HCG, no AI

My labs now:
my free T is 25 total is 900, e2 is 40.

I want to get off and see if clomid and hug could maybe help jump start me and get my natural levels to higher than they were before TRT. any suggestions?

defy medical wants me to run hcg at 1500 iu a weeks for 2 weeks then climid 12.5 mg daily for 6 weeks

Last edited:

Chrisbenches

Awards
have been on TRT for 5 months . starting to think it isn't for me.
prior to TRT my free test was low at 9.3(9.3-25) but total was good at 500 (200-900)
e2 was at 12(15-45)

my SHBG was sky high at 75

I want to get off and see if climid and hug could maybe help jump start me and get my natural levels to higher than they were before TRT. any suggestions?

defy medical wants me to run hcg at 1500 iu a weeks for 2 weeks then climid 12.5 mg daily for 6 weeks
Subbed for knowledge bombs

ItalOne

ItalOne

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
have been on TRT for 5 months . starting to think it isn't for me, simply because I dont feel any better. My libido was High before TRT, but was heavily lethargic and depressed

My labs prior to TRT:
free test was low at 9.3(9.3-25) but total was good at 500 (200-900)
e2 was at 12(15-45), my SHBG was sky high at 75

My labs now:

I want to get off and see if clomid and hug could maybe help jump start me and get my natural levels to higher than they were before TRT. any suggestions?

It’s going to be difficult not impossible getting your numbers back above natty after being shut down for six months. The biggest factors are your age and cycle history. It your in your 20’s and trying to have kids go for it. If your in your late 30s or 40s you will probably be wasting your time. Your test is on the high end of normal. I’m not sure what your expecting to feel. I’ve been on trt for 8 years and I don’t feel any mental changes from pre trt. Only physical changes I’m stronger and look better. Your E2 is slightly elevated. I would get on a low dose of aromasin get your E2 down into the mid 20’s.

Last edited:
BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why did you go on trt with such good numbers?
Sadly you may never go back to what you where but try the clomid route 50/50/25/25/12.5 since you have been on trt for 6 months

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Why did you go on trt with such good numbers?
Sadly you may never go back to what you where but try the clomid route 50/50/25/25/12.5 since you have been on trt for 6 months
it hasn't been 6 months its been 3 1/2. didnt mean to put 6. ill edit the OP

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just going from title i would say hcg + tamoxifen for 6weeks and i would run hcg for 12weeks on a steady taper down to 250mcg 1-2x/wk and see how things go.
Also, would highly recommend contacting a good doc. Maybe even O'Connor or the other guy (grayish hair on you tube videos, one is "everything you need to know about testosterone) if possible or a local endo that will work with you but i live in a metro area and finding one that will is hard. Seen 4 and I knew more than all of them. 3 asked if I was pre-med etc. Best of luck.

chemjr

chemjr

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would also recommend grape seed extract and DIM to control estrogen and if that doesn't work then get some aromasin exemestane and run that when you do your shots of HCG. But I have found if you dose grape seed extract properly take 150 two 200 mg of dim and 50 mg of zinc you shouldn't have any estrogen issues.