Beef protein - bad for psoriasis?

Benzin

Awards
So I have this desease-Psoriasis, and I stopped taking my whey protein (because it was bad for my psoriasis) , but I dont know about the beef proteins. I'm planning to buy Carnivore(which is a great beef protein) but I dont know if it's going to make my psoriasis worse. So I was wondering if some of you guys know the answer of my question :)

murk01

murk01

Awards
i have same prob. never notice increase from whey. but beef is supposed to be more irratating.

good question. do u tan? i have been tanning and it helped out a lot.
i think the meds they give make it worse....

Benzin

Awards
Well the summer I was tanning but not that much. When I tan it gets better. What whey do you take (because I was taking some Whey Shake (Syntrax)

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
I have psoriasis too. Been taking every sort of protein on the planet since I was 18. Nothing has ever irritated it. Gold bond lotion and tanning gas pretty much gotten rid of all of it.
Why do you say the protein irritates it?

murk01

murk01

Awards
I have psoriasis too. Been taking every sort of protein on the planet since I was 18. Nothing has ever irritated it. Gold bond lotion and tanning gas pretty much gotten rid of all of it.
Why do you say the protein irritates it?
gold bond?
tanning boths have prob cleared 90% of it. i have been using avino u think gold bond is the way to go?
also if ur under 210ish, no reason u cant get all ur protein from food. its good to have a tub of whey to fill the gaps time to time. but u should get all u need from chicken, steak, eggs, canned tuna, cheeses.

high protien increases inflamation... just a way of life for us guys :-\

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
don't have a clue about psoriasis and beef protein combo..

what i can say tho is, why carnivore?
you call it a 'great beef protein'..i call it substandard beef gelatin.

find another protein/problem solved.

Airborne42

Airborne42

Legend
Awards
don't have a clue about psoriasis and beef protein combo..

what i can say tho is, why carnivore?
you call it a 'great beef protein'..i call it substandard beef gelatin.

find another protein/problem solved.
I read that I was protein from collagen or however you spell it. Very cheap source.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same problem here, ive tried shark cartilage, high doses vit d (what tanning does) high doses fish oil. The ONLY thing that fixed mine, with no flare ups was when i dieted and cut my carbs completely out. My hair line and ears cleared up along with all the spots on my body! The medicine (topical) if you read the labels all convert to vit d after soaking through the skin. Tanning also clear mine up.. i had to start doing it again. Since i started "bulking" ie; adding a lot more carbs ive had huge breakouts, and my scalp is crazy bad! My moms from the phillipines, and never had a single spot on her body until she came to the states, now shes the worst patient theyve seen at out hospital with psoraisis (covers 98%) of her body. Shes using stalara now (from the commercials) and its almost all gone.... just my two cents. Oh and my two brothers have it as well...

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
gold bond?
tanning boths have prob cleared 90% of it. i have been using avino u think gold bond is the way to go?
also if ur under 210ish, no reason u cant get all ur protein from food. its good to have a tub of whey to fill the gaps time to time. but u should get all u need from chicken, steak, eggs, canned tuna, cheeses.

high protien increases inflamation... just a way of life for us guys :-\
Yeah gold bond lotion was the only brand to work for me after consistent use.

murk01

murk01

Awards
the meds r no good. my psoriosis spreed when i started using the meds.

tyga u have same issue huh.

Benzin

Awards
So you're saying that beef protein would probably make my psoriasis worse. Cause before 2 months I never had a single spot with P and I was taking all kinds of supplements(whey protein, Aminoacids, Creatine Monohydrate). And now when my psoriasis got worse I had stop all of them just to see if it's getting better. I went to the doctor and he said that probably all kind of protein will irritate it. So i'm wondering now which protein i'm able to take without making the P worse and which I'm not?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
the meds r no good. my psoriosis spreed when i started using the meds.

tyga u have same issue huh.
Yup, hate it. Juniper soap, tanning and some topical medicine every once in a while has kept mine decent. My scalp and inside of my ears are the worse, my dermatoligist told me to use only ear candles and never use a lofa only the bar of soap. So far, eliminating carbs like i did for pre contest was the best thing ive done. Paleo may be my only option if i want to keep clear skin lol (no refeeds either)