Becoming the next prodigy with PNI's Prodigy

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whats up guys and welcome! Glad to have everyone in!

Huge thanks to PNI for letting me log this amazing product. I had tried the OG Prodigy just a month ago so its effects are fresh in my mind for sure. I thought it was amazing so i really ant wait to try this new and improved formula. The thing that I find most intriguing with the new formula is the 1g!of agmatine! Also since I LOVE amazing focus, the addition of the Dendrobium (sp?)extract really excites me.

current stats
height - 5'9
weight - 168
do not know maxes since i have not maxedout in a while rough estimates -

bench - 240
squat - 340
DL - 460

Bodyfat - around 9-10% id say,i will try to get some pics up within a few days.

I am currently on 100mg/wk test cyp for TRT due to not producing any LH and therefore almost 0 testosterone

Training wise I train very high volume, usually starting out heavy and doing some backoff or drop sets after......

I train - chest/tris (sometimes add light shoulders)
Back/bis (if I run out of time ill do bis with shoulder)
Shoulders
Legs

My most lagging parts are biceps and lats - i am strong on rows but my pullups are horrible

As of right now I follow IF and really just eat once a day , one huge meal. I am working on getting out of that habit and getting on a more consistent eating pattern so my nights arent spent jsut eating all night lol I just love being able to eat so much at once lol.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
todays workout - legs

pre exhaust leg ext
4 sets 15-20 with double drop on last set

front squat - constant tension very slow negative (crazy how much weight i have to cut), also very short rests, not more than 60s

115x13
115x12
125x10
145x8
125x10
115x12
105x14

Back squat - same as front squat

135x15
165x12
165x10
175x8
165x10
155x12
145x14

leg press
6 plates x 8-10 - 4 sets drop one plate at a time to 1 plate on last set
3 plates 2 sets of as many as possible

Hack Squat
110x12-15 4 sets slow negatives short rests

bulgarian split squat holding 30 lb DB in front of body at chest level
4 sets 10-15

glute bridge - had shoulders a lot high than normal so there was constant tension the whole time, much harder

165x10
165x12
185x10
185x10 with 10 second hold on last rep

good morning - havent done these in along time so tried them out

115x10x4

glute ham raise 5 x 10 - i hold onto a pole while i do these so i control the negative and assist myself on the way up, tear my hammies up!

lying leg curl and seated leg curl 3 sets 10-15 each with drop on last set

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i mixed 1 scoop of prodigy in about 20 oz of water....mixes super easy,but mixes much lighter than the original prodigy...... i think it needs to be mixed in a lot less water,i sipped throughout my workout.

I have fruit punch flavor and it was barely noticable with that much water.

I did notice amazing focus which is what I love about certain preworkouts

the COP helped my endurance, I was not as winded and seemed to recover rather quickly during my short rest periods......looking forward to testing this out sum more, hope to get some sick pumps on chest day :) tomorrow will be an off day so ill have to wait till friday :-(

perez47

perez47

Awards
Waiting for the mailman like I did for Santa when I was little for my tub, should be some great logs!

Cary K

Cary K

Awards
I'm in bro. Enjoy!!!

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
My phone is going to explode following 9 prodigy logs !

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
I am excited to see everyones feedback on Prodigy!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
2nd Prodigy fueled workout today....chest/tris/abs

I mixed prodigy with about 16 oz of water today (less than last time), also did about 1.5 scoops. - taste was still not that strong, doesnt taste bad at all just very watery.....i did try a little powder on my finger and it was a different type of fruit punch, again, not bad, but not candy like either ill try it again and give a better description.

i drank a large amount in the beginning of the workout and sipped throughout, never actually finished which is good since I am a stim junkie and the fact that i didnt need it all is a good sign. Again focus was incredible, so far loving the focus i get on this!

pumps were def. noticeable today, chest was swollen for sure, wasnt like a painful pump but jsut an all over swoleness haha. although when doing weighted dips it really felt like my sternum was going to rip apart after a few sets......good stuff!!!

decided to pre exhaust the chest a little since after last week my shoulders were more sore than my chest

db incline fly
45x8-10 4 sets

db incline press
60 4 sets 8-10
2 sets as many as possible with 40lbs

weighted dips
25lb 4 sets 8-10
2 sets bodyweight as many as possible
2 negative sets with 80lbs 2 sets of 5 negatives

flat db press , twisting from neutral to regular grip
4 sets 10-12

hammer strength incline
3 sets 10-15 double drop on last set

flat db fly 3 sets 12-15 supersetted with pushups

decline skull crusher
60lb 4 sets 10-12

db overhead
60lb 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set

cg smith bench with bands pulling up so more tension on the tris at the top! good stuff
4 sets 10-12

rev grip cable pushdown supersetted with neutral grip 1 arm cable pushdown 3 sets 10-15

roman chair leg raises 4 sets of 50

rope crucnh 4 sets of 25 supersetted with 50 v sits.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So today i wanted to see what kinda kick i could really get from prodigy so i put almost 2 scoops into about 20 oz of water....again a very watered down taste, mixabililty is perfect, a couple shakes and its gone. so i chugged about half and set it down.....then s**t got real. UNBELIEVABLE focus and energy..... i couldn't help but move around in between sets, i was walking all over the gym just like staring into space, it was so sick. Also, usually on back day i have a very hard ie feeling the right side of my body work, not today! the pump in my back was awesoe, contractions were great and pump too....in my back!!! haha can u tell i excited haha

quick note - i weighed in today with pants and long sleeve shirt on and was only 168 :-( i thought my arms were looking smaller, not happy, even though my dang stomach is the same size, i have like a pouch on my lower abs and it doesnt even feel like fat....any chance this is like fat deposits for cortisol or something?

the workout - back, no deads today, legs are still sore from leg day.....focused on getting some lats for sure, i am lacking big time and since i have a wide waist i gotta do whatever i can to get wider.

wide grip pullups - my biggest weak spot by far, i can row a decent amount but not pullups at all
5x5, first time i can remember getting 5 sets of 5 perfect reps on all sets

underhand CG pull ups
5x5

front lat pulldown
5 sets 8-12 working up to 100 lbs on last 2 sets, got soe forced reps from a buddy as well

cg underhand pulldown
4 sets 8-12

pendlay row - first time i havent done these early in the workout and man was i weaker....usually do 135-155

115x10x5

1 arm db row - semi strict form not textbook but not bad
4 sets of 12 with 75 then 1 set of 15 with 45, perfect form reps

cable low row - 4 sets 10-12 drop on last set

chest supported row
4 sets 10-15 drop on last set

decline bench reverse crunch - 5 sets

ab wheel

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
soe friends at the gym asked what was up with me, it looked like i wanted to kill the weights and i aid i did haha and too much energy (in a good way ) and talked up prodigy, might let the try a scoop if i feel generous, probably not though i love this stuff so far!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
prodigy is quickly becoming my go to, favorite preworkout. I have tried almost every preworkout and this is top 3 if not #1 in my book, so far at least in terms of performance in the gym. the energy is amazing i stim tolerant and dont even need ore than a scoop, focus is incredible, i jsut pace back and forth beween sets, staring off into space, i cant help but move around, i love it!!

shoulders/chest pump

clean
155x2x10

standing strict press
95x8x5 double drop to bar on last set
65x as many
65x as many

heavy side laterals - had to cheat it up but controlled it on the way down
30x8x4
15x10-15 x 2 drop on last set

db shoulder press - 4 sets
45lb 10-15 drop set on last set

cable lateral raise 4 sets of 15 no rest between arms

smith machine high pull - 4 sets 10-12

smith behind the head press - 3 sets 10-12

face pull 5 sets 10-12 supersetted with seated bent over rev flys with 17.5 x 15

one arm cable rev. fly 3 sets of 15

incline db fly and press, flat db fly and press, and dips all 3 sets of as many with only 30 second rest....sick pump!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
another sick workout with prodigy, a little light headed to start for some reason so i didnt push the squats but focus energy and pups were all there as always!!!

The workout! - LEGS!!!!

squat - went a little lighter than i coudl but focused on perfect form, this made it pretty tough

225x6
225x6
225x6
235x6
235x6

leg ext 4 sets 15-20 double drop on last set

hack squat
5 sets 8-12 double drop on last 2 sets - 160lb

45 degree leg press
4 sets 10-12 - 5 plates - drop to 1 plate 1 plate at a tie on last set

front squat - constant tension

105x15
115x12
125x10
145x8
125x10
115x12
105x15

1 leg smith machine squat

4 sets 12-15

glute bridge - ass was on fire!!! never had such a burn and pump in my ass!, i put my shoulders ona higher box so the weight cannot touch dwn at the bottom so there is a full range of motion
185x12x5

RDL
215x8
225x8
225x8
235x6
235x6

Glute ham raise
5 sets of 10

hammies were pretty fried at this point

seated leg curl - 3 set 8-12

lying leg curl - 3 sets 10-12

and of course gotta refuel after a session like that so I went to red lobster for dinner and coldstone for dessert!

got a rock lobster tail lots of veggies, garden salad, some biscuits ( of course) and a rainbow trout with ore veggies.....for coldstone, sweet cream ice cream, butter finger, reese pieces, fudge and peanut butter O YEA!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the workout! - quick question, do you guys feel that bodyweight abs help to deepen lines....i have blocky ab with no lines really, thinking of how to help this. thanks

chest/tris/abs

incline barbell press (been a while), kinda bothered my shoulder

135x8
135x8
135x8
135x8+2 forced
135x7+3 forced drop 115 drop 95

weighted dips

35x8
35x8
35x8
35x8
35x8 drop body weight x as many as possible
bodyweight x as many as possible
80x 5 negatives - 2 sets

flat DB press
60x10
60x8
50x12
50x12

db decline press
55 lbs 4 sets 10-12

incline db fly supersetted with hammer strength incline - 3 sets 10-15

bent over cable fly - 3 sets of 15

skull crusher - 4 sets 10-12 plus press, 3 forced reps on last set and drop set plus more forced reps

rev grip skull crusher with pullover
4 sets 10-15

vbar pushdown
4 sets 10-12 double drop on last set

one arm cable overhead - 3 sets 10-12

leg raises - 5 sets
mason twists with 8lb ball - 4 sets of 100
couple other different crunches

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
another good workout fueled by produgy, pump was not as crazy as normal and focus was a little hit an miss, i think it is due to my lack of sleep lately and i think i was a little dehydrated today.....still a pretty solid workout, will be hitting back toorrow, gotta work on my lats so lots of pullups and pulldowns!

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice log so far and I am following along because I want to see how the new version of Prodigy is working for you because
I liked the old version and I got a few people hooked on it but now the formula has changed. Lol I usually am to crazy about
companies that change something that isn't broken but I'll continue checking the logs and see what people think about it.

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well well well look who is running a log of prodigy.... Good to see ya using it. One of the best pre workouts I have used. Especially V2.0

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly I like this better than the original, better focus, better pumps, great energy. Flavor is not as strong per se but doesn't taste bad just thinner

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
back and some abs today...........really trying to work on growing some wings!!!

pull up 5x5

underhand pull up 5x5

front pulldown
5 sets 8-10 rop on last set

reverse grip close grip pulldown
5 sets 8-12 drop on last set

pendlay row ( so weak on these after all those pullups and pulldowns)

105x10
110x10
115x10
120x10
125x10

snatch grip rack pulls
275 - 5x5

db 1 arm row
60x12
65x12
70x12
75x12

low cable row -
4 sets 10-12 drop on last set

hammer strength pulldown
3 sets 10-15 drop on last set

ab wheel roll out supersetted with 50 crunches on ball ( thrusting hips as well which helps to work lower and upper abs) got a great burn from this

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
keep working on those barbell rows man they will def help with the lower lat insertion and help you gain thickness in your back!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just cardio last two days, no prodigy....chest tris abs todat, will update tonight....will probanly through in some pulldowns for them lats too

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chest/tris/abs

incline db press

65x10
70x8
70x8
70x8
70x7+1
70x6+2

dips
25x8
25x8
25x9
25x8 drop bodyweight x as many
90x5 negatives, 2 sets

hammer strength flat press

140x11
140x10
140x10 drop 90 x as many
140x9 drop 90 x as many

db decline
55x10
55x10
55x10
55x10 +3

cable fly - 3 sets 10-15 supersetted with pushups

skull crusher - short rest periods

60x12
60x11
60x8
60x8 plus 3 negatives plus presses plus diamond pushups on knees to failure

db overhead ext. - went super low on these for a total stretch

55x12
55x10
55x10
55x8 drop 40 x 8

neutral grip cable pushdown

4 sets 8-12 drop on last set

rope pressdown

decline bench rev crunches - 5 sets as many as possible

leg raises 4 sets of 15

windshield wipers on flat bench 4 sets of 50 (25 to each side)

Pumps were not as strong as normal, could be due to very small amounts of carbs the last two days.....energy and focus were pretty goo though, not the best theyve been but better than without it thats for sure haha

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
killer leg day!

squat
240x6
240x6
240x6
245x6
245x8

squats felt really good, gettin stronger while still hitting depth

Deadlift - legs felt good so wth y not haha

315x3x8

pre exhaust leg ext

120x10-12x3
80x15-20x3 drop on last 2 sets

leg press- feet close together shorter RM for quad sweet
5 plates 12-15 reps 5 set drop on last set all the way to 1 plate
1 set with 3 plates - 50 reps supersetted with 30 bodyweight squats

hack squat - 4 sets 10-15

front squat
15,12,10,8,10,12,15 reps , short rest, used 105 lbs, quads were shot!

glute bridge - full rom and squeezes, my glutes were on fire!!
5 sets 10-12

high step up - 12 steps no weight each leg, 4 sets

glute ham raise - 5 sets of 10

db rdl
5 sets 10-12 - slow negatives, 60 lbs. - i was beat after this, so these were not 100% cant lie

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
focus was great, energy was off thecharts, and the pump in my ASS was crazy haha

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Workout - Back

Deadlift - 405x1x6 (way weaker than last week, also was very light headed, i figured out later that i was dehydrated) i went pee an it was super yellow so i started drinking alot of water and within 20-30 minutes (after deads) my energy levels skyrocketed, strength went up, and focus an pumps were great! Just stinks the deadlifts sufferred so much

315x6x6

assisted pullups
5 sets 8-10 drop on last set

pulldowns
5 sets 8-12 drop on last set

underhand pulldowns
5 sets 10-12 drop on last set

bent over row

1 arm db row
4 sets 10-12 worked up to 95 lb db

low cable row
4 sets 10-12 double drop on last set

straight arm pulldown ss neutral grip low cable row
3 sets 10-15

hammer strength pulldown leaning against the pad and grabbing the outsie of the machine, def. felt it in my lower lats more

chest supported row

alot of back work for sure today, felt pretty good though once i got rehydrated and focused.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
gettin kinda lonely in here guys............... anyways, hit the bottom of the container today -( not sure how many servings are left, but wouldn't think much more than a week or two left.

LEGS! - focus was off the charts today!!

305x1x4
315x1

245x6x4
250x6
135x as many - constant tension to failure

45 degree leg press
5 plates + 25 -4 sets 10-12 drop to 1 plate on last set
3 plates + 25 - 50 reps supersetted with 30 body weight squats

Leg ext.
3 heavy sets 10-12
3 lighter sets 12-15 with strong contractions and double drops on last 2 sets

hack squat
4 sets 10-15 drop on last set - i really havent been feeling thee much in my quads, i might try to find a different exercise...any ideas?

front squat - constant tension - slow negatives
95x15
105x12
115x10
125x8
115x10
105x12
95x17

lunges
30 steps - 4 sets using green kettle bells, no idea how much they weigh

glute bridge
185 - 5 sets 10-12, hold for 10 seconds on last rep of last set....glutes were burning horribly!

glute ham raise
5x10

lying leg curl - 3 sets 10-12

seated leg curl - 3 sets 10-12

anyone have issues with one leg overpowering the other? MY left leg is much bigger than the other, what has worked best for you to even them out....1 leg leg presses? I usually do 1 leg squats on te smith machine or bulgarian split squats, today i did lunges, have been thinking about 1 leg leg press though. I also try to focus on really pulling with my right more than my left on glute ham raises and leg curls.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
My right leg has a lot more stabilization power than my left due to it being my plant leg for just about everything. I have noticed that doing 1 leg isolation exercises have helped a bit after doing my main movements. And BTW im still fallowing along brother! Youre doing great work!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks man....glutes are torched today, love it lol...... w ill update todays workout later......what else would you guys like to see in here before this is over let me know

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok, so there is alot less prodigy left than i thought ;-(..........probably only a couple workouts

very fast paced, focused, intense workout today

incline db press
70x8
70x8
70x8
70x8
75x6+4 forced
45x12-15
45x12-15

Flat DB press
65x8
60x12
60x12
60x12
40x15
40x15

Weighted Dips ( was pretty beat so only could use 10lb for good reps)
4 sets of 10
2 bodyweight sets as many reps as possible
2 negative sets with 80 lbs 2 sets of 5 negatives

DB incline fly
35x10-12 3 sets

supersetted with

hammer strength incline
110 10-12 reps 3 sets

hex press

40lbs - 3 sets 12 reps

cable fly
3 sets drop on last set 10-15 reps

decline skull crusher
60lb 4 sets 10-12 presses on last set plus negatives

vbar pressdown
4 sets of 8-10 double drop on last set

rope overhead ext.

1 arm cable overhead ext
4 sets 10-12 forced reps on last 2 sets.

wide grip ez bar curl
5 sets 8-10 - 60lbs

ezbar cable curl

4 sets of 10 reps drop on last set

also threw in some ab exercises in between sets including leg raises, roman chair raises, decline sit ups and russian twists

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
prodigy is all gone, and have done 2 workouts without it.....HUGE difference, i have to pic up some more, i will post the final review probably wed. night, busy day tomorrow....thanks again guys this is a winner for sure, i got my buddy taking it now too and he loves it as well, making prs like crazy.