bcaas taste bad?

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
I have bcaa power that tastes grimy. Is there any drink I can mixt them in to taste better

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
extend brother

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
bcaa's dont taste that bad....you wimp!..haha..

naw just mix it with something like crystal light..

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yea they're naturaly bitter/not the greatest tasting. Like they said , Crystal Light, try a pre-flavoured version. I'll be adding Vitaberry to mine soon, I've heard great things about it.

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
Never thought about crystal light. Good idea... those are only 5 calories in water right?

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920

simmons

simmons

Awards
  • Established
Yea they're naturaly bitter/not the greatest tasting. Like they said , Crystal Light, try a pre-flavoured version. I'll be adding Vitaberry to mine soon, I've heard great things about it.
VitaBerry is the shiznit. Try a scoop in just a little bit of water, or just put some directly in the mouth...so good.

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
1/2 a packet of Fruit Punch Crystal Light is what I use in my BCAA drink. Still tastes a little funky, but at least it's not a bland funky... haha

I heard they are hard to mix in water
True story... Lots of shaking and adequate time will get them into solution though. Just takes time.

Liquid13

Liquid13

Awards
  • Established
If you think bcaa taste bad, watch out! It can get pretty funky in the jungle.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i buy extend and bulk bcaa's, mix a scoop of extend and a scoop of bulk in water. the extend masks the taste better than anything else ive tried. purple wraath also does well.

mattakaspeedy

Awards
Mix with orange juice and the taste disappears !

C-19

Awards
2 Scoops in the mouth and some water!
That works, but can be risky as it is super easy to accidently inhale it, which in turn leads to violent coughing and other dying noises.

To answer the question, I take Xtend since the taste of straight bcaa's is too hard to handle.

MKM775

Awards
Easiest way I have found is to get instantized BCAA's (because they mix better)... and then only use a few ounces of water, grape juice, oj, etc... then slam it down like you would a shot.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Easiest way I have found is to get instantized BCAA's (because they mix better)... and then only use a few ounces of water, grape juice, oj, etc... then slam it down like you would a shot.
Some people want to sip on the BCAAs while they workout to get a steady release though, otherwise good idea. Actually I just shotgun the powder, sometimes 5-10g before I do a fasted workout.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Some people want to sip on the BCAAs while they workout to get a steady release though, otherwise good idea. Actually I just shotgun the powder, sometimes 5-10g before I do a fasted workout.
i just scoop my plain Leucine powder in my mouth and was it down...

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone notice a gel like coating when they mix bcaa's? My primaforce bcca's form a gel coating and it becomes hard to mix unless I use a shaker. I mix mine with gatorade powder from sam's club.