BCAA powder...I gotta vent

RNS

Awards
i'll be the first one to say food is the only thing that matters in this game (and if i've told my g/f that once i've told her a million times, but she refuses to believe it and thinks that getting in a workout is more important that what she eats, ai yi yi), but there IS science backing bcaa/eaa's. As stated previously, using free form aminos is NOT the same as full proteins, full proteins need to be broken down and there's is no "rush" of certain aa's.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
No one wants to believe it's food for whatever reason.Even when someone who has succeeded is telling them straight up it's all food.Gaining,loosing,maintaining,it's all food.Supps and even drugs help to an extent.Theirs a big guy at my gym that uses bcaa's,but that doesn't prove much if anything.Different strokes for different folks.I believe we have stated our strokes,and theirs no convincing either way if it hasn't already been done.

Twisterdad

Twisterdad

Awards
Just incase you missed it maverick.........But i'm guessing they're wrong and so is dave palumbo and others with common sence.This isn't a complicated matter.It's plain and simple. :frustrate The only somewhat arguable pro for using bcaa's is if you are in a calorie deficit state,you can take them without increasing calories.People in general need to learn how to eat instead of looking for the magic pill!

I agree with you on this man, I used to take the X-Tend, then I ran out and didn't have enough cash to get more, found out it my body worked the same without it, so now I spend that money on something else!!

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If anyones in between these two agruments.Most multi's which you should be taking,have bcaa's in them.I use optimum nutritions opti-men.You take three throughout the day.Those three have 800mg's of L-arginine,L-glutamine,L-valine,L-leucine,L-isoleucine,L-cystine,L-lysine,and L-threonine.

packers1200

packers1200

Awards
Mixibility is one of the reasons why I favor Xtend, Swell, Core ABC, PW etc.

You could use a blender to mix them but that will cause a lot of foaming. I would just dump it into a jug or gatorade bottle and shake vigorously. Let it sit and do it again and is should mix fairly consistently. But this is one of the reason why I dislike bulks despite the costs savings. They are as convienent and not always worth the $$$ savings IMO.
i don't mind the foaming at all. I just add more water when i'm done and drink the watered down remains. Just as long as the clumps are gone its all good.

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
If anyones in between these two agruments.Most multi's which you should be taking,have bcaa's in them.I use optimum nutritions opti-men.You take three throughout the day.Those three have 800mg's of L-arginine,L-glutamine,L-valine,L-leucine,L-isoleucine,L-cystine,L-lysine,and L-threonine.
:rofl: If youre eating enough of this new food thing you are trying to push on all of us, you wouldnt need a multivitamin either. And thats like 0.120g of all of those aminos.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:rofl: If youre eating enough of this new food thing you are trying to push on all of us, you wouldnt need a multivitamin either. And thats like 0.120g of all of those aminos.
I'm trying to end this little argument thats going no where.Then i'm like maybe some are rightfully thinking I don't need bcaa's but are for whtever reason caught in the middle.People do need multi's.It ensures you are getting everything you need from vitamins to minerals to antioxidants etc......Most are concerned with protien and carbs only.Your argument has no ground to stand on.You're just being an imature punk that you are.Do some reading and studying and see how many recomend a multi and never even mention supplementing with bcaa's.Bcaa's will come up,but they're refering to what comes from food.Like eating every 2-3 hr's to keep a steady constant flow of aminos in your system.But I guess you might not like them so their opinion wont matter to you.I'm so glad I was blessed with common sence.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hard to tell from the small picture and angle,but it looks like a pit.They are beutifull smart well bahaved dogs.Many have said the easiest and/or most trainable dogs.I recomend you look into them if you want a dog.They can be hyper though.Crazy hyper sometimes.Get a puppy,treat him like a dog,and he'll treat you and others like any other dog.They sadly have a bad rep cause of their nature,past,and damage they can inflict from being strong as hell.Many dogs "attack" and never get news coverage.A pit attacks.......well from playing and walking mine,I couldn't imagine what he could do if he wanted to or was provoked.Look into them if you want a dog,you wont be disapointed.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

then you must have read this part:

L. Norton: BCAAs have been shown in scientific research to increase protein synthesis and reduce protein degradation. However, many people suggest that one can just increase their consumption of whey protein, which is rich in BCAAs. Unfortunately, this is not the case. The BCAAs in whey are peptide bound to other amino acids and must be liberated through digestion and absorbed into the bloodstream in order to exert their effects. Even though whey protein is relatively fast digesting, it still takes several hours for all of the amino acids to be liberated and absorbed into the bloodstream. However, BCAAs in supplement form are free-form BCAAs and require no digestion. Therefore, they are rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream, spiking blood amino acids to a much greater extent than peptide bound amino acids.

Even a few grams of BCAAs will spike plasma levels to a much greater extent than a 30 gram dose of whey protein. It will also impact protein synthesis to a greater degree (van Loon et al). The reason a supplement has such a powerful effect on the blood levels of BCAAs is that unlike other amino acids, BCAAs are not metabolized to a significant extent by the small intestine or the liver. Therefore, an oral supplement is almost like a BCAA injection because it reaches the bloodstream so rapidly.

Additional Comments
M. McDougal: The usefulness of BCAA supplementation in a hypercaloric state depends on a few factors. If one is eating significantly above maintenance calories with lots of protein, benefit may be limited. However, for the most part I’m not a big fan of eating well above maintenance unless one is trying to hit a weight goal under a time constraint.

Unless somebody has a very long way to go with either muscle gain or fat loss (super skinny or obese), I’d rather see people following more of a dialed in re-comping approach involving adding small amounts of muscle and dropping small amounts of fat concurrently.

Under these circumstances, I think one can find value in adding high doses of BCAA, especially during and after workouts. This way, one can keep their total calories lower to minimize fat gain while still keeping protein synthesis high by reaping the benefits the mTOR cascade we’ve all heard so much about in the past year. In my experience, one could reduce daily calories by about 300-500 and not sacrifice any lean body mass if BCAA intake is high enough around workouts.

Aside from potentiating a lower calorie re-comp, a high dose of BCAA during workouts (30-40g) tends to significantly reduce DOMS. In addition to the empirical evidence, this was also demonstrated in a study last year out of Japan with athletes finding reduced soreness after a squat workout. I don’t really care about being less sore, but what I do care about is being able to effectively train 3-4 extra days out of the month due to accelerated recovery.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think this debate is over rugger.Theirs no convincing the other side to the others side.It's been shown many times in this thread.All the facts and opinions have been stated...........Now it's about dogs.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think this debate is over rugger.Theirs no convincing the other side to the others side.It's been shown many times in this thread.All the facts and opinions have been stated...........Now it's about dogs.

Its a forum, debates are never over that why posts remain up. Also i wasnt trying to convince anybody 1 way or the other, I was trying see the reasoning why this article was so influential in helping sway opinion.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its a forum, debates are never over that why posts remain up. Also i wasnt trying to convince anybody 1 way or the other, I was trying see the reasoning why this article was so influential in helping sway opinion.
Because of every other one except for like one or two you didn't mention.You must have read those.I thought the article was completely against them untill one for them finally popped up.Then it was back to being against them.I didn't even realise it was different people at first.I was just trying to skim through it the first time and didn't even finish it.Anyways.........I'm just saying you're beating a dead horse.Prob start a thread in a couple months about it and you will get another big response with people choosing sides and nothing being resolved.