Baking soda + beta alanine?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I kind of skimmed across something that mentioned baking soda and beta alanine having strong synergistic effects, but now don't remember where I saw it, or how the MOA worked. Anyone have any more info on it?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I kind of skimmed across something that mentioned baking soda and beta alanine having strong synergistic effects, but now don't remember where I saw it, or how the MOA worked. Anyone have any more info on it?
i heard they used to give horses sodium bicarbonate before a race.

Chequamegon

Awards
i heard they used to give horses sodium bicarbonate before a race.
Sprinters have been known to do this on occasion. it's called "soda-loading" if i'm not mistaken, and is supposed to buffer lactic acid. I believe there were some pretty severe side effects associated with higher doses though, enough to make it not worth while.

I'm not aware of how a smaller amount would work with BA though.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't recommend using baking soda, period. The benefits you get out of it are not worth all the side effects and issues caused by it, and definitely not for a recreational athlete.

~Team APPNUT

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't recommend using baking soda, period. The benefits you get out of it are not worth all the side effects and issues caused by it, and definitely not for a recreational athlete.

~Team APPNUT
I know someone who uses it as a source of semi-palatable sodium in order to increase blood volume outside of the muscles so it increases blood flow to the brain when he studies.

MMAnabolics

MMAnabolics

Awards
I mix BCAA,Beta Alenine, Sodium Bicarbonate, creatine, aspirin, caffine, ephedra, for some serious pumps PWO

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I read it in muscular development. It was tested on sprinters

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I've capped my own creatine + BS before... excellent volumization - this was years ago though, something passed onto my by an 'old timer' who really knew the ins and outs of chemical enhancement.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
i once mixed baking soda with bulk bcaas... literally tasted like salt water (i was trying to counteract the acidic taste with a base, shoulda known)

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
You trying to mix up some Kre-Betalyn Easy? lol

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
Beta-alanine and Creatine Mono is all I could ever need

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
I need an Easy Bake Oven... creatine muffins, one at a time, per hour.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Baking soda has ergogenic potential, but high doses can lead to major stomach discomfort.

If you take it as directed it's great for acid control.

A great natural sports drink recipe is:

•1 liter of water
•½ teaspoon baking soda
•2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
•½ tablespoon sea salt

PoppaNick88

Awards
Im actually intrigued by this! might have to try this today for shouldz!!

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
I know someone who uses it as a source of semi-palatable sodium in order to increase blood volume outside of the muscles so it increases blood flow to the brain when he studies.
that's intense!

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
so consensus is 1-3g at a time shouldn't cause stomach discomfort?

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't in me. Not really experimented with high doses.
well i'll be experimenting with about 2g before gym tomorrow. here's to not sh*tting your pants! :toilet::beerchug:

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i once mixed baking soda with bulk bcaas... literally tasted like salt water (i was trying to counteract the acidic taste with a base, shoulda known)
HAHAHAHAA LMAO this has me dying right now!!!

PoppaNick88

Awards
Added 1.2 g to my pwo, worked alright. nothing to crazy. i think it did help with muscle endurance a little bit. Got a few more reps. No crazy vascularity though.