Back Pumps

TxHomeGrown

Awards
One reason I dread back days is because deadlifts and bent over rows give me the absolute worst back pumps in my lower back. Sometimes I have to skip over them entirely because as soon as i'm 1-2 sets in i'm completely immobile from lower back tightness. And I don't want to miss out on my deadlifts, I love doing them and it's frustrating as hell when I can't because i'm literally rolling over on an exercise ball trying to get my back a little looser.

One thing I read about is L-Taurine. Something about allowing adequate hydration into the lower back will help ease pumps? I've read anywhere from 3-5 grams preworkout will help but I have no idea.

Also I do take jack3d before my heavy lift workouts. I usually use about 2 scoops and I know it has a lot of arginine in it which could be compounding the problem.

Any of you bro's had those lower back problems before? I think I'm going to start just dosing creatine/taurine/caffeine before my back workouts but I want to know people's experiences before i order this ****

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
5g pre-workout. Drink a lot of water as well. Potassium helps too (bananas). Good luck.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
5g pre-workout. Drink a lot of water as well. Potassium helps too (bananas). Good luck.
^^ what he said! I've found great results taking 5g pre workout, and adding 5g to my post workout shake.

cw1

Awards
Any of you bro's had those lower back problems before? I think I'm going to start just dosing creatine/taurine/caffeine before my back workouts but I want to know people's experiences before i order this ****
Hyper extensions is what trigger my back pumps so I do them last.

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
I thought only certain PH's could cause back pumps, but I am clueless on this problem (having never taken a PH or experienced a back pump). In fact, I recently posted this same question ("What are back pumps?") in the anabolic/PH forum, hoping that someone would explain them to me.

So am I to understand that back pumps can come from anything? From dehydration? Lack of taurine or potassium?

Educate me, please!

cw1

Awards
I thought only certain PH's could cause back pumps, but I am clueless on this problem (having never taken a PH or experienced a back pump). In fact, I recently posted this same question ("What are back pumps?") in the anabolic/PH forum, hoping that someone would explain them to me.

So am I to understand that back pumps can come from anything? From dehydration? Lack of taurine or potassium?

Educate me, please!
The back pumps I'm referring to is a painful muscle pump. The one people get off of PH's I think are internal from a organ "I think" . .

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
The back pumps I'm referring to is a painful muscle pump. The one people get off of PH's I think are internal from a organ "I think" . .
+1

On a different thread I read that the one people get off PH's is caused by the kidneys.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
Drop the jack3d man, why are you taking it? Your on cycle, you don't need it bro, save it for PCT.

Jack3d also has creatine which will make pumps even more painful. When I did H-Drol I had 10g Taurine pre-workout, drank like a camel and stretched in between sets of Dead lifts.... defiantly helped.

I know where you are coming from though as I love deadlifting too.