Back from the Dead GMG760's new log

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
So it's about that time that I started logging again. I have taken about 4-5 months to myself and in that time I have gone through quite a bit, from illness to surgery to a shoulder injury that I am currently rehabbing.

I kinda fell off at the gym around september, my diet went to hell along with my motivation to hit the gym with a plan. I kept my weight but got soft and lost some strength. I have been working on regaining that strength and getting down to the bodyfat that I should be at.

I have been working a high-volume moderate weight routine, in a 3 on 1 off fashion, starting with Legs and Shoulders, followed by Chest and Triceps, followed by Back and Biceps. At the moment, I have no goals as far as strength goes, I am primarily concerned with my size and bodyfat. This being said, I get in 3 rounds of HIIT on the stationary bike and 2 rounds of SSCV on the treadmill each week.

I'll start this workout log with today's workout being day one.

Legs
Squat - 135x15, 225 x 10, 10,10, 8
Seated Calves - 1 plate x20, 2 plates x 15, 12, 10
Leg Press - 3 platesx10, 5 plates x10, 10, 10
superset with
Leg Extentions 1 plate x20, 2 plates x15, 12, 10

Shoulders
BB Military (first time in 3 months) - 95x12, 115x10, 135x10, x8
Lateral raise/bent lateral raise superset - 15lbs x 15, 12, 10, 10
Cable Shoulder raise - 25lbs x 10, 10, 10

20 min HIIT cardio on recumbant bike.

My diet is roughly 2700-3000 calories a day, roughly 40/40/20... probably heavier on the protein side.

My bodyweight is 201 as of today.

Tomorrow is Chest and Triceps. I'll detail my supplement regimen, which isn't very large, tomorrow.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
So today I hit up Chest and Triceps, my philosophy has changed a bit since I was last logging, which most likely was DC training. Nothing against it, it's just not a good choice for me at the moment with a recovering shoulder.

I have been backing way off the weights and slowly building myself back to where I was, concentrating on more warm up sets, more volume per set, and an emphasis on controlled muscle contraction>weight moved. I've taken a step back and looked at my training and what I was getting out of it, and I re-evaluated my goals. I am never going to be the strongest guy at my gym. I no longer have desire to be either. I have found the proverbial d*ck measuring contest uninteresting as of late and I don't enjoy my workout if I am basing my success on breaking PR's. It's all good to get stronger, I by no means am unwelcoming to strength gains, but it is not my primary focus. My focus now is to feel good, and look conditioned most of the year, especially in the summer. Looking at photos of myself from Hawaii last summer (right after a Phera/Epi bulk) I am huge (for me) no doubt, but I look bulky and kinda soft in my midsection. If gaining 15-30 more pounds means I am gonna be tubby till I am 30, then screw it, I'll stay 200 and grow slowly if at all... I am big enough as it is. My main goal is to be as close to satisfied as I can be (perfection isn't achievable, but it can be desirable) with myself in the mirror, and in good shape to participate in any sport/outing/whatever I choose to do. Being bulky (at least what I consider bulky) doesn't really lend itself to a lot of things I used to do (surf/climb/run). So, I have settled with leaning out at a moderate pace, focused more on addition of cardio to my workout than dieting away calories. I think this is the right path to rehab my shoulder back to 100% strength and function, and will be better goals for the kind of active life I want to live.

So, as far as supplements go, I have been taking a Multi-v, Jack3d (sale) and Modern BCAA(Actually interested in this one and have liked it a lot), ON Hydro Whey (I dig the turbo chocolate flavor... stupid name, good taste), and topical Formestane (had some lying around and thought "what the hell"). I am not currently using a fat burner, might pick up some Alpha T2 if I catch it on sale, I thought it worked pretty well for me last year. Any thoughts on new fat burners are welcome... I'm probably 6 months behind the times of what is available on the supplement market.

CHEST
DB Bench - 55x20, 70x15, 90x10, 90x10, 90x7 ( I think the 90 was a bit high for my shoulder)
Close grip hammerstrength bench - 90x15, 140x10, 140x10, 140x6
Cable cross - 50x20, 60x15, 60x15, 70x10, 70x10

TRICEPS
Incline Skull crushers - 25'sx20, 35'sx10, x10, x10
cable pressdowns
overhand - 100x10, 150x10, 150x10
superset
underhand - 100x10, 100x8, 100x6

Single arm french press - 15x20, 20x15, 20x12, 20x6

30 minutes of SSCV (jogging) treadmill

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Not to ruffle feathers, but anyone got any opinions on the new "super" DHEA products from Primordial?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
GMG! Glad you are back man! I am in this thing. I am curious to see what that stuff can do but NO WAY I am paying 200 for it which is what I have heard on the price.

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
Welcome back GMG. It is good to have you around again. Hope your recovery goes well.

As for PP's new line I would hold off. Hell, you can Buy anavar cheaper than that. I do believe in PP though and trust it will be pretty good.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very glad to see my brutha-frum-anutha-mutha back up in here!!!:woohoo:

Take care of that shoulder G. Slow and steady, that's the way to come back. The weights will slowly increase as your shoulder further heals. Time is on your side.

Patience........

And like Kleen, I don't recommend that PP crap merely because of the costs alone. Even if it works like they predict (which I highly doubt) it's still too damn expensive.

Test Is Best!!!:head:

Just ask big Silver........he knows. ;)

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
In...I'm definitely not sold on the super DHEA supps either...Both price and effectiveness leave me scratching my head a bit!

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Stoked you guys made it!

Yea, the PP stuff didn't interest me soley because of the price. I am just curious how they got any version of 1-DHEA to convert to the purportedly 400 some odd mg of Test/week that they are claiming. Not so much interested in running it (especially at 160 bucks a 4 week cycle) as I am in wtf they were thinking by marketing it like that... or if I was totally off my rocker for thinking it was one of the more far-fetched things I had heard in a while.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
BTW silver... f*cking-a bro. You look beastly in your avi. WTF did you run, and how much fun was it?!

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
oh damn, I almost missed the party!

welcome back, and good to see some of my favorite peeps in here!

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
BTW silver... f*cking-a bro. You look beastly in your avi. WTF did you run, and how much fun was it?!
I ran 16 weeks of test e at 500mg the first 11 weeks and 750mg the last 5. I kicked it off with 4 weeks of d-Bol and finished with epi the last 4 weeks.

I gained 20lbs and after pct still up 13. Strength is nuts and I am still benching 315 x 6. There is no comparison between test and pro hormones and designers!

Thx for the feedback bro. Now I just got to finish off the gut with a cut before summer.:ugh2:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
I ran 16 weeks of test e at 500mg the first 11 weeks and 750mg the last 5. I kicked it off with 4 weeks of d-Bol and finished with epi the last 4 weeks.

I gained 20lbs and after pct still up 13. Strength is nuts and I am still benching 315 x 6. There is no comparison between test and pro hormones and designers!

Thx for the feedback bro. Now I just got to finish off the gut with a cut before summer.:ugh2:
16 weeks? Nice. So you have pretty much been on cycle since I've been gone... like the entire time. Man that has to be sweet to get to be on gear for 1/3 of the year straight rather than a couple PH's for a couple weeks each. Looks like it treated you well.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
He does look sick in his avi doesn't he! I can't even imagine hitting that up for 16 weeks I would look like a monster. Little bit of envy here Silver. LOL

Silver3CSRT8

Silver3CSRT8

Awards
  • Established
He does look sick in his avi doesn't he! I can't even imagine hitting that up for 16 weeks I would look like a monster. Little bit of envy here Silver. LOL
Do it. Unfortunately my wife still disagrees with it so it will be interesting trying to do another run.:sigh1: