b12

anapolack

Banned
Awards
animal has a sod/b12 blend im gonna try.....but i may have to do meridia/oxycalm because i DONT have need for appetite stimulation

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Max...I just ordered the methyl from IBE. Looking forward to trying it out.

endless

endless

Awards
  • Established
This thread triggers a memory years ago when I lived in so. ca. at the beginning of my bodybuilding career LOL We use to go into a cattle supply store and buy a lifetime supply of B12 for like $12. It was a huge bottle. They would ask us what you boys going to do with this. We told them it was for our chickens. We use to inject every other day. Of course we had no idea how often or how much to inject. I remember injecting into my calves thinking it would make them grow. I would hit veins and nerves. Hee Hee. Oh well enough rambling about the past.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Max's advice is spot on. There really does not seem to be a problem with pinning 1000 mcg eod for longer periods..I did not have any sides from it.

The main thing with the methyl B12 I have noticed is that the energy kicks in faster and is..well, "smoother" and more consistent for lack of a better term. I supposed because it is not rate limited by conversion.

For allergies, use the aforementioned protocol and throw in some magnesium. According to my alt medicine texts, magnesium plays a role in immune system modulation and in real life it does seem to help. In any case practically everyone is deficient in it so it can't hurt. Solaray has a Magnesium-Potassium Asporotate with Bromelain that is very nice for this purpose. Bromelain has great anitinflammatory properties and helps prevent cancer.

If these measures don't bring 100% releif, try adding in several doses of Quercitin-Bromelain-Vitamin C per day. I've had pretty good luck with QBC and it should be available at most health stores. Ester-C is another great add in.

Keep your fish oil doses somewhat high and consistent.

If THESE measures fail, lemme know and we can start an allergy thread and list out the whole array of supps out there...either that or go on meds because you are an inflammatory nightmare.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
A b12 deficiency will definitely contribute to depression as will folic acid. The two are extremely underrated for depression and I treat my symptoms primarily with these as well as selenium and chromium.

Despite some warnings of folate toxicity from taking too much folic acid, that basically only relates to people who lack an certain enzyme that breaks down folate. There's several large studies that have people on doses as high as 150,000 mcgs per day with no ill effects. My advice if you are feeling blue..take around 3200 mcgs of folic acid and some B12. This has worked well for me..in fact, I'd call it a life saver.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks Max...I just ordered the methyl from IBE. Looking forward to trying it out.
Good let me know how you like it. I just noticed ibe is having a sale on the methyl b12. I might give it a run as well. See what I can dig out of the couch cushions. Or maybe an early birthday gift from my girlfriend lol.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking forward to this. My wife also is going to get some injections (should be interesting!). She's got some chronic fatigue as a result of mono and epstein barr when she was a kid. If this helps that, it will be a freaking miracle!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 6
Nutrition / Health 0
Nutrition / Health 0
Supplements 5
81dcs Supplements 5