Australia: Shipping problems

roddyjojo

Awards
Hi,

I've got some concerns with the shipping on a particular order.

I ordered 05/24/10 at 11:36AM and according to the update email the package was shipped 05/25/2010 at 01:59PM.

The options I had (and have had for a while now) with sending are
International Express (3-6 days) and International Priority (1-2 weeks).

For this order and all my orders I choose International Express (3-6 days).

When I check the order page (as in, log into my account, check order history and click on the order number) it tells me:

'Federal Express - International Economy (4-5 Days)'

This is what it always tells me (or has for six months or so every time I order, perhaps even closer to a year). It always comes USPS though, and always Priority Mail even though I check Express Mail.

Anyway tracking the order, from the Nutraplanet page, I get this:

May 25, 2010 23:46
Electronic Shipping Info Received
FAYETTEVILLE, GA

It hasn't been updated.

From the USPS page I get this:

Priority Mail International Parcels

Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
Service(s): International Parcels

I have several questions based on this information:

1. Is it possible to have things sent FedEx to Australia? I tend to find them more reliable than USPS (especially with regards to tracking information).

2. What is the difference between International Priority and Internal Express, when I place my order? This order, and all my previous orders are sent Priority Mail even though I check and pay for 'Express' service.

Anyway these are some concerns and curiosities I've had for a while now. Some time ago my parcels began being sent USPS, I found FedEx to be more reliable.

As you can see, I hope from my end it seems fairly confusing stuff.

I've always found Nutraplanet to be extraordinarily competent and helpful, and any assistance with this would be good. I've contacted customer service, by the way, but I actually wanted to add this information and I noticed that customer service reps seem to check the forum pretty regularly,

(The order number is #158347)

Thanks very much

Peter

roddyjojo

Awards
Hi, I can't actually respond to your PM mate as I don't have enough posts up just yet

I don't mean to kick up a stink or anything of that nature..

Cheers

roddyjojo

Awards
Hi,

the order has arrived today; the question I have that remains is, why should I click USPS rates (and pay what looks like 20 bucks extra or so, depending on the order for shipping) when the packages are sent USPS anyway? And if I hit 'Express' or 'Priority' its sent priority anyway?

It's just a bit weird, can't figure it out - I've no real worries except that USPS doesn't update their tracking information very often,

cheers, thanks for any help

Roddy

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well...I am glad that you got your package and all the contents were as ordered. I am not completely sure I understand the issue with shipping to be honest. Are you saying that it automatically selects an option for you, regardless of what you choose?

scump

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so you saving 20$ but getting it posted USPS anyway?

yeah i hate when i get free stuff... really pisses me off.

man alot of things wont get through Fed Ex that do get through USPS anyway, not sure why you want Fed Ex over them in the first place.

Mick81

Mick81

Awards
I read a thread about this a while back.... something about the order system choosing the cheapest option for shipping - normally Fedex.

This caused an issue with most of us Aussie customers, because Fedex has a history of certain types of products being siezed, or not sent at all (returned products to where they were purchased) , and USPS tends to get through more often. Hence the addition of the USPS rates only button.