Are there any office chairs that aren't junk?

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It seems like every office/computer chair I buy is complete garbage. The pistons where out in a manner of 3 months. I only weight about 205 pounds. I can't lower the chair to the bottom and use it, because I have arthritis in my si joint and it'll hurt my back. I have to do a lot of work on the computer for college, so I need a chair that'll hold up. Any suggestions? I need the chair to have arms as well.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
It seems like every office/computer chair I buy is complete garbage. The pistons where out in a manner of 3 months. I only weight about 205 pounds. I can't lower the chair to the bottom and use it, because I have arthritis in my si joint and it'll hurt my back. I have to do a lot of work on the computer for college, so I need a chair that'll hold up. Any suggestions? I need the chair to have arms as well.
Dude, I thought the same thing until I invested $40 in a wonderful Captain's chair at a garage sale. Do some hunting...not in stores, but on Craigslist, kijiji, whatever you may use... But I freakin fall asleep in mine, it's that comfortable.

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
I heard gaming chairs are pretty ergogenic. As comfortable as they sound, I probably would never purchase one lol.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wound up ordering a German made chair piston. It has a 350 pound capacity, a 5 year warranty and all good reviews. It cost me $79 though and I have to wait about 10 days until it gets here. There were other pistons with mixed reviews. I figured I'd order the German made one, because usually goods manufactured in Germany are top of the line. I'm guessing all the other pistons on amazon are cheap Chinese made garbage assembled by 12 year olds. Nothing against Chinese people. I just hate their government and their manufacturing is garbage.

MANdrew

MANdrew

Awards
  • Established
I wound up ordering a German made chair piston. It has a 350 pound capacity, a 5 year warranty and all good reviews. It cost me $79 though and I have to wait about 10 days until it gets here. There were other pistons with mixed reviews. I figured I'd order the German made one, because usually goods manufactured in Germany are top of the line. I'm guessing all the other pistons on amazon are cheap Chinese made garbage assembled by 12 year olds. Nothing against Chinese people. I just hate their government and their manufacturing is garbage.
Well, if all you get at the end of the work day is a bowl of rice I bet you'd put forth little effort too

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, if all you get at the end of the work day is a bowl of rice I bet you'd put forth little effort too
True and that goes back to my hate for their government.