Applied Nutriceuticals Drive: Writeup & FAQ

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
broke college students dont like to spend a ton of money on supplements. sooo whoring is how ill earn them, then whoring i must :head:
Cheap employed people dont like to spend a ton of money on supplements either. sooo whoring is how ill earn them, then whoring i must :head:

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Cheap employed people dont like to spend a ton of money on supplements either. sooo whoring is how ill earn them, then whoring i must :head:
haha i spent like 100 something on some supplements a month ago. i got like 100 bucks left. a portion of that money is reserved for some drive and like 5 two lb bags of dextrose. I run out of those fairly quick.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So is this vegetarian friendly? Can there be a little more explanation of how the cordyceps are harvested or grown?

For instance, if it was harvested from insects, then I guess technically a vegetarian couldn't consume it. If its a laboratory grown fungus though (like a mushroom), a vegetarian would.

Your thoughts dirk?

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
i see. at least you have $$$. Ive been thinking about getting a job on the weekends or so. that would all go torward supplements and food since im commuting for school.

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
So is this vegetarian friendly? Can there be a little more explanation of how the cordyceps are harvested or grown?

For instance, if it was harvested from insects, then I guess technically a vegetarian couldn't consume it. If its a laboratory grown fungus though (like a mushroom), a vegetarian would.

Your thoughts dirk?
from what I understand, it is almost impossible to get quality wild harvested cordyceps.

read this write up on cordygen5

not that AN does it the same, but it might be a good starting point.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
i see. at least you have $$$. Ive been thinking about getting a job on the weekends or so. that would all go torward supplements and food since im commuting for school.
Yeah, it's tough when you are a college student...what's your major?

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
forensic psychology. wayyy too much schooling however.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
I'm just feigning interest so I can post wh0re!

JUST KIDDING :toofunny:

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Your thoughts dirk?
Cultured in a laboratory- grown in a vermiculite base, and flushed with DI water to promote growth....

I will ask my cousin as far as the vegetarian question- she is a strict vegan:think:

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Just messing w/ ya CD...that does sound interesting.
haha. i have considered switching majors. most likely in the medical field. forensic psychology has about 6 years of schooling beyond your doctors degree.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
haha. i have considered switching majors. most likely in the medical field. forensic psychology has about 6 years of schooling beyond your doctors degree.
:jaw: That is a LOT of schooling and a LOT of $$$

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Cultured in a laboratory- grown in a vermiculite base, and flushed with DI water to promote growth....

I will ask my cousin as far as the vegetarian question- she is a strict vegan:think:
Well, according to that growth process, it would be just a fungus. It would not have a parasitic relationship w/ a mineral (vermiculite), as it would w/ a worm/insect. In that case, it would be vegetarian friendly, and according to the definition of a vegan (It's only animal tissue and byproducts that are avoided), should be friendly to them to.

Thanks for the info dirk!

Let me know if you think there are any other concerns w/ it that would make it not vegetarian (such as using insect parts/residue in the vermiculite, etc). Would the artificially cultured cordyceps have any remnants of living organism in it from insects or anything else?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well, according to that growth process, it would be just a fungus. It would not have a parasitic relationship w/ a mineral (vermiculite), as it would w/ a worm/insect. In that case, it would be vegetarian friendly, and according to the definition of a vegan (It's only animal tissue and byproducts that are avoided), should be friendly to them to.

Thanks for the info dirk!

Let me know if you think there are any other concerns w/ it that would make it not vegetarian (such as using insect parts/residue in the vermiculite, etc). Would the artificially cultured cordyceps have any remnants of living organism in it from insects or anything else?
Understandable :)

Vermiculite is just one of the mediums that can be used- silkworm residue or certain cereal grains are also acceptable mediums, but more than likely the source used was not insect-derived- too many variables involved for mass cultivation.....