Anyway to get stronger ribs?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Is there a way you can make your ribs stronger, or the muscles over your ribs stronger?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
umm...perhaps stomach vacs and pull overs? That's about all I can think of off the top of my head

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Many muscle cover or connect to the ribs. What part of the ribs and for what purpose?

StillKicking

Awards
Standing overhead pressing movements, squats, deadlifts

VeeSix

Awards
What problem are the ribs causing?

Sprained intercostals are a killer - many people think they're having a heart attack as the pain is excruciating on breathe in/out.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Many muscle cover or connect to the ribs. What part of the ribs and for what purpose?
Was just wondering if it was possible to get the ribs stronger for defensive purposes ie getting hit in the ribs.

YYZgeddylee

YYZgeddylee

Awards
have a partner punch you in the ribs with gloves.
they'll get work hardened in no time

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was just wondering if it was possible to get the ribs stronger for defensive purposes ie getting hit in the ribs.
Perhaps do exercises that build the serratus anterior muscle. My personal favorites are pullovers and overhead presses.

ts.png

bboyflash

Awards
What works for me is keeping my lats flaired out while doing any type of vertical pull, this will ensure the serratus get hit imo also make sure to use a weight that allows to to use good form, if too heavy the lats and arms will get most of the stimulus....hope this helps

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps do exercises that build the serratus anterior muscle. My personal favorites are pullovers and overhead presses.

View attachment 43588
Does overhead presses with dumbbell work too, or only with the barbell? I have to work on my flexibility with a new foam roller before I can do overhead presses with a barbell and back squats.

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does overhead presses with dumbbell work too, or only with the barbell? I have to work on my flexibility with a new foam roller before I can do overhead presses with a barbell and back squats.
Either one will suffice.

Sebastiann

Awards
Bodybuilding is the best thing to get strong and strong with the passage of the time.
1. It strengthens the muscles.
2. It increases the body’s flexibility.
3. It increases resistance to injury.
4. It increases bone mass and mobility.