anyone use "bad" foods but swear it works?

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
im not talking diets of people like dave tate (during his PL days) but rather Guys Like Jim Wendler who does his 5/3/1 work out and pushes the prowler alot stays lean and eats stuff that actually tastes good. Matt Kroc who finished a bodybuilding comp said the main differnce between bodybuilding and powerlifting was when he PL he was still eating healthy but eat whenever and could go hungry could afford a cheat meal whenever when BB he couldnt do that.

My diet goes like this

meal 1- 2 slices toast, 2 whole eggs 3 egg whites and 16 oz skim milk.

meal 2- protien bar with 20 oz skim milk

Pre workout- Nano Vapor (actually like it, plus it was on clearance)

meal 3- Whey Protien shake and whole grain poptart or garnola bar

meal 4 - Grilled Chicken breast, optional rice,garnola for carbs.

meal 5- Red Barron BBQ chicken pizza and sugar free lemonade

i swear that pizza isnt bad i stayed as lean as i was before still weigh 186, mid section isnt ripped but im powerlifting so im not too concerned because it doesnt look nasty either. If i cut 5-10 pounds id be bodybuilder ripped...

Just weird thinking how something thats junk seems to work? anyone else do anything crazy like that for a meal.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
thats kinda what I did. my normal clean meals and if theres a slice of pizza or something laying around my house I eat it. Maybe gained 1-2%bf in like 6months? I do 0 cardio and dont care lol.

I like this idea and will continue to do it.

drivehard

drivehard

Awards
  • Established
That is pretty much what I do as well...man, I would go crazy if I ate 100% clean all the time.

I eat very well pretty much all week long...but if my wife happens to make a pizza one night instead of our normal lean meat and veggie, you can bet your sweet arse, I'm going to chow me some pizza, and not insult her by making an alternative dinner. Heck, we make it with whole wheat crust, and low fat toppings anyways...

As far as a "bad" food working...a couple years ago, I was eating either a six inch loaded Subway Sub (only low-fat toppings) or two Whopper Jr's with no mayo for lunch every day...and dropped almost 40 pounds in a little under a year. It worked for me...and I am sure you guys would consider those "bad" foods.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
hahah yes i love the responses, i swear the days i tried that low carb cycling bull**** i went crazy... If i dont do the sub i do a footlong from subway but without the fatty toppings...

I feel like id rather over eat maybe get a lil more fat and smash my PRs rather then worry about keeping my 4 pack and starving my self by eating cardboard tasting food like alot of guys at the gym.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bleh, you guys are not seeing the forest from the trees.

Managing body weight has more to do with how much you eat rather than what you eat.

So.... If YOUR Whopper/pizza diet puts you under YOUR maintenance calorie level then YOU WILL lose weight. Vice versa if you eat above maintenance.

'What you eat' is more important from (1) a micro-nutrition perspective or (2) if you are not tracking your portions. (1) because junk food has a lower food value which can lead to deficiency issues (not enough omega-3's, fiber, etc. (2) because junk foods are denser calorie-wise and can lead to eating too many calories.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established

Managing body weight has more to do with how much you eat rather than what you eat.

So.... If YOUR Whopper/pizza diet puts you under YOUR maintenance calorie level then YOU WILL lose weight. Vice versa if you eat above maintenance.

'What you eat' is more important from (1) a micro-nutrition perspective or (2) if you are not tracking your portions. (1) because junk food has a lower food value which can lead to deficiency issues (not enough omega-3's, fiber, etc. (2) because junk foods are denser calorie-wise and can lead to eating too many calories.
^ahh your that guy^

dave tate said nutrition is overrated, Louis SImmons said cholesterol eventually turns into testosterone.

and the big russian powrlifter Kostanivis sp? said its the will to train that matters waaay more then diet and look how damn lean he is lol..

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

This is just common sense right here, good post. Diet should be dependent on your goals if I'm trying to add weight then I'll eat pizza if I feel like it and not worry about extra calories but on a cut you would need to adjust the diet to account for those calories. At the end of the day weight loss/gain really is about calories in versus calories out.

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
^ahh your that guy^

dave tate said nutrition is overrated, Louis SImmons said cholesterol eventually turns into testosterone.

and the big russian powrlifter Kostanivis sp? said its the will to train that matters waaay more then diet and look how damn lean he is lol..
Nah - I am not that guy. Diet and nutrition do matter. It is just that many people focus too much on minutia at the expense of the big picture. The latter is what matters most.

Minnesota

Minnesota

Awards
i started with the anabolic diet then just went into more and more off days lol, i got fatter, now i need to get leaner, back on the anabolic.

Portion control killed me haha

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established

yes, maybe in 'Perfect' .

unc21

unc21

Awards
  • Established
Theres no way I could eat clean all the time to eat at my maintenance calories lol. Its all about what works for you and your goals. Everyone is different.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
hahah yes i love the responses, i swear the days i tried that low carb cycling bull**** i went crazy... If i dont do the sub i do a footlong from subway but without the fatty toppings...

I feel like id rather over eat maybe get a lil more fat and smash my PRs rather then worry about keeping my 4 pack and starving my self by eating cardboard tasting food like alot of guys at the gym.
This is my way of going about it. Works wonderfully

slimcharles

Banned
Awards
^ahh your that guy^

Dave Tate also admitted to being near death. Dave Tate will also likely die from a heart attack before he turns 55. Have you read his story? He ate shi-t his entire life and his doctor told him he needs to stop or he will die.

You are also forgetting one MAJOR factor for all the people you listed. STEROIDS. Dave, Louis, Konstantinov all are heavy AAS users, which help a lot with staying lean.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
This is my way of going about it. Works wonderfully
hell yea doing westside raw is painful enough i cant imagine not eating something that taste good lol... im sure u dont eat complete **** just worry about hittnig ur PRs and eating fairly clean best way to go about it

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
Dave Tate also admitted to being near death. Dave Tate will also likely die from a heart attack before he turns 55. Have you read his story? He ate shi-t his entire life and his doctor told him he needs to stop or he will die.

You are also forgetting one MAJOR factor for all the people you listed. STEROIDS. Dave, Louis, Konstantinov all are heavy AAS users, which help a lot with staying lean.
ok sorry i thought i made it clear but i guess i didnt.. I didnt mean a diet like dave tate had that was logged where he had like 3 mcdonalds value meals milkshakes cookies cakes all day long.... I meant more of not killing urself because u ate white bread, or had chicken strips or something like that u eat fairly healthy but dont worry so much about the carbs or fat.

and i will put money on it that tate wont die b4 55... hes about 8% bf and 250-270lbs.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It works. Nothing better than good bulk foods, but it still works. If you don't enjoy yourself when you bulk, I couldn't even imagine cutting then. Typically once every other day I eat something thats not the best. For example, it could be,

Bagel bites for lunch
Pizza for dinner
Going out to eat
Cookies at Night

etc. something every other day, and I have crap metabolism but I utilize nutrient partitioners like anabolic pump to prevent fat gain.. train 5 days a week and do 15 minute HIIT sessions PWO.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
It works. Nothing better than good bulk foods, but it still works. If you don't enjoy yourself when you bulk, I couldn't even imagine cutting then. Typically once every other day I eat something thats not the best. For example, it could be,

Bagel bites for lunch
Pizza for dinner
Going out to eat
Cookies at Night

etc. something every other day, and I have crap metabolism but I utilize nutrient partitioners like anabolic pump to prevent fat gain.. train 5 days a week and do 15 minute HIIT sessions PWO.
hell yea when i started out lifting i went to crazy wouldnt touch junk and it was like a struggle. Then i was a senior in HS had no money and had to eat whatever just so i had energy too train... Now im in college and working i still am short on money.. I do whey shakes and some garnola bars as between meal snacks. I do grilled chicken breast, eggs, Skim milk. but it seems like i always end up a meal short. SO it usually ends up being stuff like u nammed above..