Anyone take these? 5-HTP, L-Tyrosine, GABA

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
who doesn't like happiness, lack of anxiety and depression, and restful sleep?
Well everyone likes them. But for those who have suffered severe anxiety attacks, moderate/severe depression and have lost countless hours of sleep, who are looking to alternatives to benzodiazepines, hypnotic sedative sleep aids and libido destroying antidepressants, finding the right balance of supplements at the right doses for the right symptoms can be tricky. Especially if you are shooting in the dark without having DNA tested and methylation balanced.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
i am looking for all of those things, actually.
I have used gaba, melatonin, 5-htp and velvet bean(L-dopa) st johns wort. My vote goes to velvet bean and st johns wort tea. So far, I've had serious trouble with the morning after with Gaba. And 5-htp is expensive and I havent given it a fair chance yet.

hughchi

Awards
I can only respond by sharing with you what I take on a daily basis for the past several years.

I start in the morning with a multivitamin and add to that two capsules of L-Dopa, one capsule each of L-tyrosine, 5-HTP and Tribulus. In addition, I take one 20 mg capsule of Adderall XR and one Wellbutrin pill as well as one 10 mg pseudoephedrine pill, two 5 mg ephedrine pills, one zinc pill, two T1 capsules, one or two ibuprofen pills and about 1000 mg of PEA.

Later in the day, I'll repeat this dosage one more time.

Before bed, I will take one GABA, one 5-HTP and three 5 mg melatonin pills.

I have been following this regimen with minor variations for many years now and as I approach my 64th birthday, I remain in top physical, mental and emotional health.

This regimen may not suit everyone but it has certainly worked for me.