Anybody here walks, joggs or do aerobic exercise 6 days a week?

warvictim

warvictim

Banned
Awards
HELLO ALL: I would like to know if it's possible to do aerobic exercises as part of our weight loss routine 6 days a week? I ask this because right now i am walking 4 days a week, but i would like to do it 6 days a week to accelerate fat burning and weight loss. I walk 45 minutes at 5PM

warvictim

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If your just trying to loose weight fcuk yea do all the cardio you can handle. I do cardio 3-4 times a week just to stay lean while I bulk!

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
yes you can.

That or cut calories if you are at a plateau.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I swim, bike and/or run 7 days a week for 2 hours a day does that count :)

CROWLER

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I swim, bike and/or run 7 days a week for 2 hours a day does that count :)

CROWLER
Good greef, I thought I did a lot of cardio. I guess that's one way to save on gas money lol.:thumbsup:

warvictim

warvictim

Banned
Awards
Hello, wow, indeed !! 7 days a week of aerobic exercising wether it is walking, jogging, bicycling or running would put me into a catabolic-state. That's a lot of energies spent at aerobic exercises

:bruce2:

warvictim

Good greef, I thought I did a lot of cardio. I guess that's one way to save on gas money lol.:thumbsup:

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Depends what your training for, my trainer has requested that I do no more than 15 min a day , she is concerned about losing muscle, even with BCAA's.

warvictim

warvictim

Banned
Awards
Hello, yeah i've noticed that too much aerobic exercising decreases the strength in the weight training room. That's the *big problem* with aerobics, however aerobic exercising is great for shaping, and burnin fat

warvictim

Depends what your training for, my trainer has requested that I do no more than 15 min a day , she is concerned about losing muscle, even with BCAA's.

RyanOFelt

Awards
I would advise that if you're going to do cardio that often (or at all), you try out High Intensity Interval Training for 20-30 minutes instead of steady state cardio for 45. There is a lot of research to support that people doing HIIT will burn more fat and preserve more muscle than people doing steady state for longer periods of time.

Eject

Eject

Awards
I would advise that if you're going to do cardio that often (or at all), you try out High Intensity Interval Training for 20-30 minutes instead of steady state cardio for 45. There is a lot of research to support that people doing HIIT will burn more fat and preserve more muscle than people doing steady state for longer periods of time.
QFT. HIIT for the win!

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is good advise. Providing your in good enough shape to already to do it. lol

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
pssttt Try using Havoc and I bet you will NOT lose muscle :)

I gained 6 lbs while biking 250 miles a week, doing 10 mile runs and swimming 15,000 meters a week an am up over 200lbs

I have a half ironman triathlon coming up.

CROWLER

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
If your nutrient/protein intake is adequate, muscle loss shouldn't be a huge concern, especially if your cardio involves walking as the main source of aerobic exercise.

bigrabbit

Awards
That should be great doing that much cardio for loosing weight and shaping... remember to eat enough food that will power you through the day though...

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
pssttt Try using Havoc and I bet you will NOT lose muscle :)

I gained 6 lbs while biking 250 miles a week, doing 10 mile runs and swimming 15,000 meters a week an am up over 200lbs

I have a half ironman triathlon coming up.

CROWLER
:box: Wow!! No sh!t. You did a pulse right ??