Any hypothyroid people here?

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I tried to start a thread about life after thyroid treatment in one of the anti-aging forums, but no one really came in and said that they had actually had a thyroid problem at some point. Im between jobs at the moment, so I dont have health care, but I suspect I may be hypothyroid. I have a body temperature that often drops to 96 digrees, and a hundred other symptoms of chil hood hypothyroidism (26 now). In fact, I think part of the reason got so into lifting is the fact that I just neve responded to cardio that well. It inspired me to lift like a Rocky training sequence.

Anywho, anyone one here have a legit thyroid problem?

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I don't, fortunately, but my sister does...or did anyway. She's 29 and had hers irradiated this past summer after being hyperactive for quite some time. She had the opposite affect as you - increased temp, BP, heartbeat of a hummingbird - as it was pumping out way too much hormone. Now that it's done with, she may expect to gain weight easily, so she has to watch what she eats and really take care of herself.

I've had a friend with hypo- that succumb to it and stopped training because he felt that he just wasn't getting anywhere. I haven't seen him in the gym for about a year, only pics on FB. He's gained about 100lbs since then. I'm sure that was partly due to a poor diet, but his thyroid was giving him some problems.

Best bet, IMO, is to keep the exercise and motivation up. If/whenever you can, get it checked out.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I believe a board member midwestbeast has some stuff as he is dealing with it as well.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. Im not gonna give up this life style anytime soon. Ive worked to hard and I never just whant to be some out of shape fat guy. Im hoping to just keep pushong myself, and when I get insurance, assumong Im wright, Ill go on medication and be in SUPER SHAPE. Im already collectingadvise from the antiaging forums. Ill try to get midwestbeast in here.